Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

WHY do they feel the need to put back seats in it? Seriously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

This image illustrates how much of the headlight the BRZ front clip covers, and I think it looks a lot better than having the inward point fully exposed like on the Toyota. I do hate that big-rear end black plastic chunk on the front of the BRZ but since I live in a province that does not require a front plate, an option would be to swap out that whole grill for something less gross, while on the GT I'd have to either have to live with the holes, patch them or get a new front clip with no holes in it. I also like the shape of the BRZ's mouth better.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Splizwarf posted:

This thread is a sine wave.

I was just thinking that. Keeps flipping between hopeful and hopeless. :ohdear:

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Professional race teams?

I know Subaru has an RA trim level of the BRZ for just this purpose. Narrow steelies with lovely rubber, cheap paint, missing interior, etc because they know you're gonna pull everything off and build it into a race car.

This is loving brilliant. When did they start with the forward thinking?

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Throatwarbler posted:

You guys realize Mazda is teetering on the edge of bankruptcy right? They'll be lucky if they can convince GM or FIAT/Chrysler agrees to take them over.

So yep I'm sure that new rotary sports car is just around the corner, any day now. :roflolmao:

This makes me very sad. They've drawn me in more and more over the past couple of years with all their cool new ads. :(

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Phone posted:

Oh, the Toyobaru has drop spindles stock? Cool.
I don't know what this is. Is it actually cool or is that sardonic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Larrymer posted:

Yep, it must be the transition of the injectors (both to DI only) is my guess, then. Seems dumb since you can get away with one or the other just fine and still meet emissions.

Isn't this slightly better though, in that you get the benefits of direct injection without the coking of the valves/intake from EGR crud?

• Locked thread