Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I HATE PINK BIKES
Feb 15, 2012
http://vimeo.com/39460579

Video of the Scorch Racing / Max Orido IS-F86

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I HATE PINK BIKES
Feb 15, 2012

Cream_Filling posted:

If you want another one, how about the Saturn Astra?

In the US I guess, but the Astra's been going strong for decades in Europe and Australia.

I HATE PINK BIKES
Feb 15, 2012

Paul Pot posted:

the first Japanese sports car that won't make you look like a nerd, chav or fairy deserves its own anticipation thread imo

What?

I HATE PINK BIKES
Feb 15, 2012

fknlo posted:

Even though it's slow as poo poo I still blow the doors off 99% of everything in my SVT focus. Nobody seems to like to press on the accelerator.

Living your life 10 seconds at a time? Sorry, with an SVT Focus I guess that should be 16 seconds at a time shouldn't it.

People don't like to press the accelerator because they don't want to streetrace some idiot in a Focus you moron. They're perfectly happy getting from A and B without getting in an accident or pulled over by the cops somewhere inbetween.

I HATE PINK BIKES
Feb 15, 2012

DerDestroyer posted:

But aside from the aggressive appearance, power seats and nice soundtrack under the hood, power is about all this car has.

So aside from 3 other things, 1 thing is all it has?

I HATE PINK BIKES
Feb 15, 2012

Cat Terrist posted:

It basically is exactly the car I would kill for at a track. I can not praise it's agility and ability to go through a corner enough. Places where I lift in the WRX, I keep the foot buried.

That's definitely not because you were going 20mph slower at the same place :v:

I HATE PINK BIKES
Feb 15, 2012

grover posted:

You paid them money and they still won't let you test-drive the car? Jesus, what the gently caress is wrong with these people?

Know what the Porsche dealer says when you ask to test-drive the new launch car they don't have any quantity of yet and know full well you're going to drive the piss out of as soon as you're out of sight? They say "have fun" when they hand you the keys.

Pretty sure the GT86 is more of a performance car than an automatic Boxster though ...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I HATE PINK BIKES
Feb 15, 2012

Cream_Filling posted:

Highly doubtful. The 1.6L turbo in the Juke, which is what this car is supposedly going to be based on, makes 188 hp @5600 and 177 f/lb @ 2000. Even assuming that the engine is detuned to not break the CVT in the Juke, and assuming you optimize for high-end power over low-end torque, it still probably wont be more than a hair over 200 hp.

300hp in the Deltawing.

• Locked thread