Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GETCHA PAPER UP
Apr 17, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

I think 15k sales between Scion and Subaru would be a pretty resounding success for a niche car such as this. Even if they hover around 10k they'll probably be happy.

The development put into this car by Subaru will make it into the WRX so it's not like they have to panic and kill the thing after a couple of years. I don't see what benefit Toyota gets from this thing technologically, but even if they bail out Subaru doesn't necessarily have to.

Akio Toyoda gets a raging boner. Scion gets a last ditch shot at image revitalization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GETCHA PAPER UP
Apr 17, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
TMC press release today stated a sales target of 1,000/month in Japan

GETCHA PAPER UP
Apr 17, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
All of Toyota's plants are running at full capacity now. What room was left in the Subaru Indiana plant is being used to run more Camry's. Even with the yen killing imports, they would never consider building this car in the US.

GETCHA PAPER UP
Apr 17, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
There is absolutely, positively no way that Akio lets his pet project be made outside Japan.

GETCHA PAPER UP
Apr 17, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Wow, this car that they sell hundreds of thousands of every year is mad boring! I wonder why they would even bother?!

GETCHA PAPER UP
Apr 17, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cream_Filling posted:

Also, I doubt they're going to redesign the Corolla for another 6 years.

Significantly less than that.

GETCHA PAPER UP
Apr 17, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cakefool posted:

You'll notice...

Yep

GETCHA PAPER UP
Apr 17, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cakefool posted:

Sup? What colors have you seen it in - seen the lovely bronze yet?

Only a dark grey so far. Looked good though. The interior has some really dumb color accent panels at the moment. Hopefully they go away.

GETCHA PAPER UP
Apr 17, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Lolcano Eruption posted:

I really want to like this car, I'm the target demographic: early twenties male, but the interior is just godawful. Do they just expect people to not give a poo poo about what the inside looks like at this price range? The interior is the first thing I look for when car shopping, you're going to be looking at the inside most of the time after all. Maybe people of the target demographic have no standards when it comes to interiors.

From photos, the tolerances on the interior pieces are extremely high. There are quite a lot of gaps between everything, something that isn't even present in extremely low end cars from Toyota/Scion. The thing that sticks out though is that the cloth fits really poorly over the seats, making them look like there are seat covers over them.

I'm only considering the Scion as it's just unthinkable to buy a Scooby without AWD, but after seeing the interior, I'll just buy something else. They got everything right except the inside.

On the insurance, I dabble in insurance underwriting, and I've got to say that it's not discrimination if it's statistically true, and their actuaries are extremely skilled staticians that manage risk extremely well. You might not like their results, but it's true. Why was the study "poor statistical analysis"? They've got to do everything they can to balance out having a competitive rate and not going under. Analyzing a person by his choice of car is just like analyzing a person from their credit score. It's not something that directly affects driving ability, but the correlation exists.

sounds like you're not the target demographic at all since you just wrote two paragraphs about interior plastics assembly tolerances

GETCHA PAPER UP
Apr 17, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Wow, I'd be having so much fun driving this car if i wasnt staring at the .5 mm gap between the glovebox and dash pad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GETCHA PAPER UP
Apr 17, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
GOOGLE RON PAUL

• Locked thread