Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Kazvall posted:

Does he do DEADLY TOWERS?

Someone make it so.

They mentioned it at the end of The Chief Returns during a meeting, but passed on it due to the difficulty I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

redmercer posted:

Can a company that doesn't exist anymore exercise their copyright over something?

More than likely there's some random agency in the middle of nowhere that holds the rights to something like that. It's more common than you may think.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Davzz posted:

The next best thing for me is Adventure games. I loved the Clock Tower and Out of This World episode. How many of those does Arino do?

Check out the Hokkaido Serial Murders episode.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Is this the game that ended up being turned into Yo Noid! for the US release? The boss battles look similar.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I just realized this was going on. How long has he been on the 7th challenges?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Apologies if this has been already discussed in the thread, but is there any easy way of getting the Go by Train! games, like through JP PSN or other digital distribution without having to import a physical copy?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

rdbbb posted:

There's the Japanese iPhone one, and I thiiiiink there's a PSP one on JPSN, but otherwise, nnnnope? The next most recent one was the DS one.

Ah, drat. Well at least the DS is region-free. Maybe I'll try hunting that down instead.

While I'll have to wait on that, I finally did my part and ordered Retro Game Challenge as a payday treat. :toot:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Retro Game Challenge was waiting in my door after work today!

Kid Arino: "I never read manuals." Yeah buddy, sure you don't. :colbert:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Seriously man, thanks for the stream!

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I was going through some of the earlier episodes I've missed (namely the SMB2/hot springs special) and I can't help but notice there's a lot of cabs Arino finds early on where the joystick and buttons are positioned on the front of the cab and face towards the player. What's up with those and how can that be comfortable to play on for a length of time?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

When I was growing up a friend had the Popeye panorama, along with a flip open Zelda one. I bought Zelda off him and played the hell out of it but it got trashed at some point.

I actually picked up Donkey Kong Jr. from the DSiWare shop on my 3DS not long ago. It's fun but I wish they had put more of them up.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

Two things: first, I'd recommend the Sonic's Ultiamte Collection before those; it can be easily found for less than $10 and you get just about every first party Genesis game published in the US (Toe Jam and Earl series not included).

But if you do want them on PC they're on sale from Amazon this week even cheaper. And their version includes Toe Jam and Earl 1 and 2.

Also if you're into RPGs, Sonic's Ultimate Collection is the only way to get all the Phantasy Star games on a modern system. Whoever they had working on the Genesis PC ports hasn't gotten around to those yet. :mad:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Anime Reference posted:

Some of the errors make me wonder if the guy doing the translating actually knows anything about videogames. Turning "Vic Viper" into "Big Viper" is just :psyduck:

But without TV Nihon, I would have never known about the infinite lives trick with the Nokonoko.

:suicide:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Along the line of things actually grounded in reality, I just unlocked Guadia Quest in Retro Game Challenge. Can you actually time it so you get good symbols when you attack or is it random?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Re: Retro Game Challenge, I checked a lone forest tile on the Guadia Quest world map and Arino-Guadia popped out and one-shotted my party. :negative:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Tne new GCCX is being streamed in about an hour from now, correct?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Awww, that means it'll start just after I get to work. :(

I'll have to live vicariously through this thread while I'm break.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Thursday is the airing of the new episode, corrct?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

It's time!

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

It is now my life's dream to track down that see-saw game.

EDIT:

iastudent fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 26, 2012

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

He glitched again, this time inside a gear and then just started hopping through the air. :psyduck:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

joek0 posted:

5 mins to a new GCCX!

Annnd we're live!

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

The return of Old Man Arino. :allears:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Ah, Street Fighter 2010. The game that taught us that Ken went onto a fulfilling life of using bionics to fireball punch flying alien scorpions.

I know someone that attempted to learn a speedrun of this game a while back and after a certain point the boss battles become almost entirely reliant on RNG.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Ah drat, I missed the stream of part 1. Is there somewhere to grab the raw?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Maybe a long shot, but do you by chance have this in a desktop-friendly size?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Vlaphor posted:

Is Freshverse not working anymore? I get there and all it says is "Stream not found".

Getting the same thing, not even a chat box is coming up. Was today supposed to be for airing a new episode? I hope it gets fixed soon if so. :ohdear:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

AD Urakawa laying down the line.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Dear god, I used to own a cart of this. I remember my mind being blown when I finally made its connection to Dragon Ball years later. :aaa:

Looking forward to this and to whatever wonderful memories resurface. Such wonderful, painful memories...

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Manfrey posted:

When watching the Parappa episode I couldn't help but wonder if the inherent delay caused by deinterlacing/noise-reducing the PS1's analog video on that monitor was making the game much harder for Arino than it needed to be.

I know this is Arino we're talking about, but part of me winces to see him play anything timing-based when there's the chance of input delay being generated by the monitor. I blame part of that on having tried to speedrun older games or emulators on LCD monitors and feeling that my inputs are off by a couple of frames.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

joek0 posted:

New GCCX episode to start in about 10 minutes. Can't wait to hear what people have to say about it.

RIP freshverse. :smith:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

univbee posted:

Amazon is TERRIBLE at selling MP3's; if you're outside of the U.S. you are poo poo out of luck.

And Japan as a whole is really behind on this whole "digital download of media" thing; coupled with the fact that this will be an expensive album for what it is, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Best-case scenario, it shows up on the Japanese iTunes store and/or PSN, but you'll need Japanese accounts which are loaded up using gift cards you'll have to pay extra for from an import retailer like Solaris Japan.

There's so many OSTs for older games I keep seeing on Amazon.jp and other distributors, and these are ones that are recently produced mind you, that I want but can't bring myself to pay that much for and that's before you factor in shipping. :(

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Derby Stallion may now be my most favorite episode ever.

Any time Producer Kan is caught on camera is gold.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Every 4-slot was/is required to have Puzzle Bobble by law and you won't convince me otherwise. :colbert:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

cubeboy posted:

You play games up until the 64bit era

The final boss is Inoko MAX in a N64 wrestling game.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Here, have a zari-gani shirt. :v:

https://theyetee.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

pichupal posted:

The way Yetee works (and some other similar sites like Teefury or Qwertee) is they have a daily limited time shirt. I don't exactly know how they decide, but some of the more popular designs are kept on the store and sold at a higher price.

That is correct. Most designs usually only go for 24 hours, but sometimes if a design is tied into an event or popular enough, they'll extend it, or even make it available in their store for the long-term.

Kinda related, there is a RPG speedrunning marathon, Crystals for Life, happening in a couple weeks and Final Fantasy VI just happens to be the last game in the marathon. Maybe zari-gani can work something out with Yetee for an encore? :v: