Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

miscellaneous14 posted:

I'm not sure if Bayonetta technically counts as DMC-talk, but I started going through it on Hard, and oh my god that "do three climax attacks" section was a goddamn nightmare. It's not even that it was hard, just loving obnoxious with the camera constantly rotating where I couldn't see anything. Are there any other particularly-obnoxious sections like that I need to look out for, and if so, what are some effective ways to cheese past them?

I played through it recently and found the Golden Glory and Grace fight really obnoxious and lovely for that, and other, reasons. In fact, I found the camera to be an issue a lot of times and the repetitive re-use of the boss fights and the abruptly introduced mini-games really dragged the game down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

No lie, I'd pay $60 for a version of Bayonetta that was completely unchanged but cut out the Space Harrier part.

It goes on for so long and it's so garbage, what were they thinking? Anytime the game flashed up an image of a controller with new controls plastered over it I just sighed and sat the controller down for a while.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

If you're interested, over at the Platinum Blog Kamiya has basically been doing director's commentary for Bayonetta using a copy he's playing himself for the better part of a year now.

It can be informative if you wanna see some of the decisions they made/didn't make/forgot about during the making of the game.

I might do just that. So much of that game just bewildered me in how incoherent the gameplay became and how uneven the moment to moment setpieces and scene breaks were.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

DMC4 would have been a much better game if you never played as Dante.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

From the reveal onwards in Fight Club, Tyler wears a ridiculous feathered boa type thing, mesh undershirt, shaved head and glasses. This outfit is first in a scene when he tells The Narrator that he 'looks like he wants to look' and 'fucks like he wants to gently caress'. It's gay as hell.

• Locked thread