Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Argyle posted:

Despite the unavailability, subpar battery life, and still-limited applications of Android Wear, I still really really want a 360.

Seriously same. The 360 looks hot as hell and the Apple Watch looks dumb.

If reviews of the LG R are more positive than the 360 I might grab that one instead. I don't like the look nearly as much but could be swayed by better battery life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Best Buy says in-store pickup for the 360 in 3-5 days, but the add to cart button refuses to actually add it to my cart. Anyone able to get this to work?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Managed to get an order in for the silver Moto 360 just now. Looking forward to trying this thing out!

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Picked up a 360 tonight, they had 4 in stock at the best buy I was at. Grabbed the black even though I like the silver. Recommendations for a solid twitter wear app?

Also got my 360 today. I'd love to hear people's app suggestions if they have any so far. I've seen a lot of people on the internet talking about installing launchers for the 360, but I haven't found a need yet. Is there much out there yet?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
After I installed the update battery life got way better. I can reasonably go for 24 hours with ambient mode off.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I've been off charge for about 6 hours and I'm at 75% battery, and I've used the watch a bunch today. Huge improvement since before the update.

E: This is with ambient mode off btw.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I agree, Wear needs a way to hide notifications from the watch face without clearing them out. Weather is the biggest place I could see that being useful, but it's also kind of annoying having my pedometer steps popping up all the time.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That's a good looking face. I only really like analog, and have yet to find an aftermarket face that looks better than the "Classic" that comes on the 360. The classic face also has indicators for when my calendar appointments are which is pretty freakin sweet.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Reverse Centaur posted:

You can keep saying it but it doesn't make it true. The 360 makes major sacrifices in usability (ie screen turning completely off almost immediately) to barely get through the day for most people. If it worked like yours I would be more happy with it.

I get easily over 24 hours on my 360 on a charge...

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Pro tip for 360 users - the new Pascual watch face is the bomb.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I'm pretty sure Pascual and Classic are the only watch faces that show you your appointments. They should really all do that, it's incredibly useful.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Guilty posted:

What's the consensus on smartwatches nowadays? Worth the investment? I really like the idea of having something that can quickly tell me if I need to respond to something or not. I'd like to try either a Sony Smartwatch 3 or a Pebble Steel, but my eye is really caught on the moto 360. That thing just looks sexy.

Can't speak to the Sony or the Pebble, but IMO the 360 is great. The battery life is a lot better than it used to be (okay okay you'll only get 1 day out of it, but you get a solid 1 day!), and getting notifications is pretty useful. Plus it looks cool.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Here's one, only caveat is it's $.99 and apparently has a compass that doesn't really work on it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=escape.watch.face&hl=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I kind of wish the 360 had lugs. Those connecter addons that were kickstarted were a neat idea, but just didn't look seamless. Metal bands look really awkward without lugs IMO.