Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Does anyone have the fitness band paired with a Window's Phone? When you give an instruction via Cortana does it activate the phone's screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

Mr Funkface posted:

More things need fixing on the Band!

Doing anything through voice control turns on the phone screen to run Cortana. If the phone is in your pocket get ready for all sorts of random screen taps and swipes running god knows what, especially with a sensitive (Lumia) screen. A workaround is to have a passcode (I don't) which brings you back to the lock screen without activating anything.

Which helped me notice you can bypass the lock screen and send txt mssgs and emails and whatever through Cortana without a passcode!

loving awful.

This is the most annoying thing on Window's phone. It happens with headphones as well.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

Three Olives posted:

I think there is general agreement that as a product the Microsoft Band works, it is just otherwise a very flawed product not worth the money.

I feel very much that the the Band is equivalent to the Surface Line. The third version will be brilliant.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Would anyone with Microsoft band answer a question for me? How does it handle switching between exercises in a custom workout.

F.eks. I have a workout that is running, jumping, skipping. But after running I see the skipping rope is free and want to do that instead.

Would it let me do that or do you have to go through each exercise in turn?

Sri.Theo fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Dec 4, 2015

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

Syrinxx posted:

I would be happy to answer any questions about the Band 2; I replaced my Charge HR with it a few months back.

I like pretty much everything about it other than the rubberized band that can't [easily?] be replaced.

As a follow-up have they updated the weightlifting app at all? When it first can out out was impossible to skip back and forward between activities.

It seemed like a massive oversight when considering how most people actually use the gym.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Has anyone tried out the TomTom Spark 3 here? It looks like a real runners watch, onboard music, gps, no touch screen and optional heart rate (it doesn't actually matter for long distance running.