Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I bought the S2 today. Its pretty and cool, but doesnt fit my needs. I was told I'd be able to stream my spotify from it, since it gets 3g. But no. Any wearables out there that can stream spotify?

I just want to run without my heavy bulky note 4. A wearable that streams spotify, and can connect to my beats wireless, via Bluetooth. Anything like that out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

So far, kind of disappointed with the Samsung Gear S2's:
- Battery Life: not very long. I know there's much more functionality than a watch, but when you consider the fact that a watch can go up to a year (at least) on a battery, having to charge this thing nightly (actually, during the first 24 hours I had it, after its first full initial charge, it dies on me within about 12 hours, though I'm willing to give it some slack since I was probably poking and prodding it a lot more than usual) is not exactly convenient. Also consider the contact charger it uses is kind of difficult/unwieldy to use in the car. That's right, no charging port means you'll have to carry this things wireless charger around too, if you plan on using it longer or more intensively than its little heart can stand.

-Functionality: at times, very frustrating! Sometimes text messages register, other times not. Sometimes the S Voice understands you, sometimes not (while it could be argued that this is an S voice issue, and not the watch itself, I have much more success when using S Voice on my Note 4, so I'm blaming the watch.) Further, check out the following interaction i had today: via S voice, "Schedule meeting at 11" *s-voice thinks hard for a minute* Schedule meeting at 11 flashes on the screen. Followed by a message that that function is not supported. Wtf, S2? You have access to my calendar. You have an alarm. Why can't you schedule a task or event?
Also, no streaming of spotify, (though I believe you can listen to samsung's milk music radio app).

Ultimately, my opinion is that it's a beautiful device, with a lot of potential, but currently, it is not worth the price; I have been strongly considering returning the device.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

plainswalker75 posted:

Try disabling Wi-Fi, it really kills the battery for some reason even if you're not using that feature. I'm getting about 2 full days of charge with normal usage (checking the time, HR checkin every hour, notifications etc.) and powering it off overnight.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try, and see what happens.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

explosivo posted:

Picked up a Gear S2 this weekend, really not in love with it to be honest. It's a shame because it LOOKS so goddamn good, but I think I'm going to take advantage of Best Buy's 15 day return policy and bring it back. I upgraded from a Gear Live and really miss the fact that everything just worked without having to do anything special or download any different apps. Needing to go through Samsung's software is super annoying, and I have had nothing but trouble getting the S-Voice to work for me. I really want a circular watch, pretty sure I'm going to trade up and get a Moto 360. If BB had a goddamn display model that worked I may not have even picked it up to begin with tbh.

This guy gets it

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

The Bananana posted:

What's a reasonable asking price for a new-in-box Samsung gear s2? Never opened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I'm glad of it