Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I figured at this point I'll just wait for the 360-2, but I think I've resigned myself to getting one of these useless things :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
It's all anecdotal anyway. Here's mine: I shipped a black second gen Moto G to Moto for repair, they shipped me back a white one. Hmm.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Do SMS messages show up on android wear when using various OEM's stock messaging apps, or does it only work with hangouts?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Rastor posted:

As long as the messaging app is providing notifications, it should work on the Wear device.

What about replying from the watch?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Rastor posted:

Personally I have a Moto X 2014 which is pretty stock, so I can't give a personal assurance, but it ought to work so long as the SMS app is registered as the SMS handler.

Android Wear is pretty simple and straightforward, which is both a weakness and a strength.

Yeah, I should have stopped to think about it some more. Google Now can send texts through whatever app you use for SMS as long as it's registered correctly, so I'm sure android wear can also. I think at this point, I'm just holding off for the next 360 to be announced/released.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Zotix posted:

I'm thinking of getting the Samsung Gear S2 for free with an S7 edge. I don't need a data plan for a god damned watch do I? It can just do poo poo from wifi? Or am I completely off base?

All through bluetooth while connected to your phone, pretty much. No data plans for your watch needed.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Inco posted:

I need to get a new fitness band, because I just blew through a second Razer Nabu (it was a Christmas gift, stop laughing). Looking through the last few pages, it looks like Garmin's build quality is touted. I'm looking at the Vivosmart HR, since it seems to have many of the same features I want (particularly push notifications and sleep monitoring), but I was wondering if there were anything a bit cheaper that still won't break after a few months. Most of my job is throwing boxes around, so it'd have to be able to take the occasional hit. Most of the rest of the time I'd be wearing it while running or lifting.

Not sure if this is allowed, but:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3763280

Still for sale :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Inco posted:

Unfortunately, I live in Canada. I'm going to Tuscon next week, though, so if I can get someone who will accept the package (unless I can just accept the package at the hotel? IDK how these things work), and you can get it there in that window, I'd be okay with it.

Email me at the email posted in that thread and we'll see if we can work something out.