Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Mr Funkface posted:

I'm trying to figure out whether the guided workouts on the Band are any good, so far I just don't get them. Is there one that's specially for a dude in the park with no weights for say 40min? Intermediate/advanced. All the pre-recorded Golds Gym etc. ones are a bunch of marketing bullshit.

I put in my own custom ones. The ones already input don't seem that great, although they do have SS. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

lostleaf posted:

Are you guys with the band 2 using it with android or windows phones?

Android.

MC Hawking posted:

Okay so I understand the basic specs of the device but I'm really wondering about two specific things: Cycling tracking and Can Music Playback off the device. are there curated cycling workouts on it? Can I sideload tunes to the device and playback music off it via bluetooth?

No, there are no speakers. You can control your music on your phone with the band but that's about it.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

lostleaf posted:

Is the general notification system reliable? What I mean is do you consistently receive notification?

Does it work with Google maps or HERE maps for directions?

Do you have any experience with Android wear watch for comparison?

I tried it in at the Microsoft store at the mall and it seems like a very nice device.

Yes, when I'm at home I now keep my phone in my room plugged in because I get the notifications anyways.

No, it doesn't have GPS direction support. I think that's going too far into smartwatch territory whereas the band 2 is a full featured fitness band.

I don't have any experience with Android wear if only because after doing a lot of research on them, they really didn't do everything I wanted whereas the MS band does.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
How much the Fitbit's off is per your usage, at least it was in my experience. My Flex would record way too many steps during driving whereas my Band 2 didn't so if I had a heavy driving day, they would be very disparate. Otherwise their step counts were very close together.