Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
So, getting back into swimming. Ideally, I'd love a gearfit2 that has a higher IP rating. Is the vivoactive going to be my best bet? Really, I want an android wear watch, but I have dainty little girl wrists and the Mission and Casio ones are huge and take up half my forearm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

eyebeem posted:

Fwiw I have a gear fit 2, and despite really liking the functionality, I managed to crack the screen on mine within 2 weeks thanks to some kettle bell swings. I get that you shouldn't smack a glass screen with a 44lb chunk of iron, but I never had a problem like that with my moto 360 or vivosmart. I suspect that the glass is pretty easily broken, based on my experience and a lot of similar stories I've read.

If you just want it for swimming, though, it's a killer little band.

I work at best buy, so a replacement plan is dirt cheap. My biggest issue is that it's only ip67, and there's no swim tracking like with the vivoactive.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Aesirstorm posted:

I own a vivoactive HR and had a vivosmart HR before, love them both, but the lack of eye appeal and bulkiness definitely seems like a common theme throughout their product line.

The forerunner series has some attractive looking watches, the vivofit has replaceable bands, the vivomove is classy looking as gently caress, so it's not that Garmin can't make an attractive tracker. It's just like they haven't figured out that their prime competition isn't TomTom (who win the "ugliest tracker ever" award hands down) but fitbit. Fit bit is over priced plastic crap, but it's attractive on your wrist