Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
One month on and still happy with my moto 360. I've had it run out of battery only once. Today I received my pebble steel band and stuck it on, fits & looks nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

fyallm posted:

Is there a reason people are going with the pebble steel bands over the moto 360 metal bands other than they just like the look of the pebble better?

As others said the price. $20 on amazon. I'm definitely still after a proper 360 band, if it comes down in price perhaps.

Guess I'm lucky I'm pretty hairless re: the pebble steel band.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
Awww no, them lugs. Whatever cons come from it, I prefer the completely round body of the original moto 360.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Tunga posted:

I just use a watch face with a black background so that it is invisible. I don't even think about it, to be honest. It certainly doesn't affect interactive use because that part of the screen is too narrow to display text or whatever anyway.

This is what I do as well.

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Yeah, when I had a 360, I barely noticed that. When you do use an app or whatever, the cut out sort of matches the horizontal box of the info card, so you don't really notice it all that much.

Yeah I like the rectangular look it gives the card previews.

Combined with a black background it goes quite well really.

Magog fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Mar 20, 2015

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

bairfanx posted:

Nah, it's reading "show all" on my watch

I'd be checking on the phone itself too.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Malloreon posted:

I'm going to be traveling around New Zealand for a couple weeks. I really hate taking photos, but I do want to capture the trip.

It occurred to me that having a video camera I could wear on a lanyard around my neck that was just on, recording stuff while I walk around, might be cool.

Any recommendations for cameras like that? I'd like something that can record for a few hours before I have to move the video to my computer.

If not that, anything similar that takes still images every 10-20 seconds?

To bring this up, though it's too late for Malloreon, the narrative clip 2 could be pretty good for this, it can take those still images but they just announced it will be able to do 1080p videos as well now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
As someone who never bought a Pebble. hosed up if true.