Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Buglord
The Misfit Flash's are only 12 dollars today. Worth it if I already own a gen 1 pebble with the Misfit app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Buglord

hotsauce posted:

100% guaranteed this XDA nerd pried the bezel up with their fingernail, then expressed utter shock when it popped off.

Guess what happens when you do that?

I'd be sorta shocked too. Fingernails don't grow back do they :barf:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Buglord
Ive had my Fitbit Charge 2 for about 3 months now. Its nice, certainly doesn't feel cheap, but the non flush HR monitor makes it certainly less comfortable than my Pebble classic. Everything else about it is good, but I'm seriously considering stepping down to an Alta. Part of the justification is that I have a minor heart condition so the HR tracker doesnt really report an accurate story. But I guess the Alta would be less uncomfortable since its seemingly flush.

:sigh:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Buglord
Cross posting from SA mart but I'm selling a Fitbit Charge 2 HR Black (small bands) $110 to continental US goons.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Buglord
What're my options nowadays if I want a Pebble-like device in 2019? Loved the comfort (no HR bulge), week long battery life, ability to interact with my music (vol +,- pause/play) and read notifications. I even had a really cool homescreen that had a 30 day calendar and weather icon.

Since then, i've moved onto a Fitbit HR, which I didn't like much and lacked volume controls, and then the Apple Watch 2, which I currently have now. Its a cool device but my 3 main activities are 1)checking notifications 2)music/media controls 3)checking weather. I feel like there's a watch out there that can accomplish those things and maybe look more like a watch and less like a tech device and maybe have a much better battery life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Buglord

CLAM DOWN posted:

Wow, people still use Pebbles.
The Pebble subreddit has plenty of Pebble holdouts there (with multiple Pebbles as backup once they start dying). If it was on sale again, I'd ditch my Apple Watch instantly because:

Rexxed posted:

It shows the time, weather, and gives me notifications without pulling my phone out of my pocket which is all I really need.