Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Reverse Centaur posted:

Two wearables announced:

LG G Watch R

"The G Watch R isn't a successor to the G Watch, but rather a premium option for those looking for something a bit more stylish and watch-like, according to LG. The 1.3" display is definitely a bit on the small side, though, with Motorola's not-quite-fully-circular LCD on the Moto 360 measuring 1.5", the GWAR could be at a dimensional disadvantage. While the GWAR's overall display surface area is actually slightly greater than that of the standard G Watch, less of that surface area is going to be usable in many practical scenarios, just because of the way Android Wear looks and functions. It also does appear that the outer band of second tick-marks is in fact a physical part of the watch, not the display, so the G Watch will have a substantial "bezel" (if you can call it that) to it."

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...ess-steel-body/

Of all the smart watches I've seen this is the first one I might actually consider wearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Not to challenge a mod or anything, but there are a number of high-end sports watches that fulfill these functions like the Suunto Quest

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Thermopyle posted:

I think he wants those things he mentioned in addition to the typical things we expect from a smart watch...notifications, apps, etc. This is the wearables thread, after all.

^^ I'm unchallengeable!

Meh. That's what duct tape is for. It's technically one device.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Reverse Centaur posted:

Telus at least will be selling the 360 in Canada on Oct 31 according to mobilesyrup.com.

Expect it to require a two year contract and monthly anal probes, like everything else Telus sells.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I don't know about everything else but touchscreen analog watches are nothing new. The Tissot T-Touch has been around for a couple of years now.