Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
If I'm reading that spreadsheet correctly, it seems like the battery life issue might be due to toggling the "screen stays on when not in use" setting. With that turned off it seems to be a lot better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Logikv9 posted:

This is exactly why I'm putting a hold on buying this. Buying first-gen is just awful (Xoom was the worst thing ever) and even though its tempting, after a few days of what I'm sure will be plenty of angst about lovely battery/speed, I will regret the purchase.

Yeah, I'm really hoping the battery issues aren't as bad as they seem, but at the moment I'm leaning towards waiting for the ZenWatch.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Super Dude posted:

Does anyone know what the return policy is for a 360 purchased directly from Motorola's website?

From their website, it looks like they have a 30-day window for returns.

EDIT: Yeah, I checked the same thing Mustache Ride did.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

So you can set it to always on (it never sleeps or dims) and get a day out of it?

The screen in ambient mode can go black depending on the angle of the wrist. Basically, if the gyroscope thinks it might be visible to the wearer, it'll show the watchface; otherwise it says black.

Which means that if you're typing, for example, the screen stays on.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

He said always on, which I take as the screen always being on. That rapes my battery.

The terms are pretty much interchangeable, though.

EDIT: As in the Android Wear app calls it "Screen always on" while the watch calls it "Ambient mode".

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Reverse Centaur posted:

The phone app says "ambient screen," when synced with a 360 at least.

It still says "Screen always on" for me, also with a 360. I know it was supposed to have changed, but for whatever reason it didn't.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

eyebeem posted:

The 360, and every other android wear watch that I know of all suck at being a HRM.

I've actually had the chance twice now to compare the 360's HRM to those used by actual doctors. (By which I mean I had the 360's going at the exact same time as theirs.) The biggest flaw I've seen is that the HRM is very dependent on where on your wrist the watch is; if it slides too far up, the accuracy takes a nosedive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

bairfanx posted:

Have had a Moto 360 for about a month and love it (Best Buy even price-matched me retroactively to the $180 price even though I was a few days out of the period for it), but in the last couple of days I've been missing notifications. They don't go to my watch, they don't show up on my phone. It's nothing super important, but it's frustrating to realize that I've missed a text from two hours ago because it just randomly didn't go to my watch.

Anyone have any suggestions, aside from turning off the "mute notifications on my phone when using android wear"?

Did you actually turn on "only show priority notifications" or something?