Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Reverse Centaur posted:

I just managed to get $176 Cdn + shipping for my Gear Live (despite some scratches on the metal bit) so I'm ready for my third smart watch of 2014. Thought it'd be the 360 for sure but I'm open to other non-ugly options.

I like Android Wear a lot. Works great during work and in the car.

Samsung's custom stuff on the other hand...

For what you've spent on three "smart" watches, you could have gotten a nice regular watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

The Apple watch is good, and it's funny that it takes Apple to make niche electronics relevant.

Apr 7, 2003

Nerdrock posted:

before the "iWatch", I'd be constantly questioned if my Pebble was "that watch on TV" , referring to the Samsung Gear commercials.

Now that Apple is making wearables relevant, everyone will ask you if your Pebble is actually the "iWatch."

Apr 7, 2003

Thermopyle posted:

I don't think anyone here has said it was bad, so... OK?

It's good, and millions of them will sell.

Apr 7, 2003

It's good.

Apr 7, 2003

Thinking about getting an Apple iWatch. It looks pretty good.

Apr 7, 2003

Apple Watch preorders have been so successful, they've had to push the in-store release date back nearly two months because they don't have stock to meet anticipated demand.

http://9to5mac.com/2015/04/16/when-can-i-buy-an-apple-watch/

Around a million units pre-ordered in the first three days of availability, supposedly.

Apr 7, 2003

Things are looking up for wearables - the Apple Watch is predicted to ship 15 million units for 2015!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102602586

Apr 7, 2003

Has anyone here received their Apple Watch yet? I have some questions.

Apr 7, 2003

oh I had assumed we could discuss the Apple Watch here because it's a Wearables thread.

Apr 7, 2003

Does anyone have their Apple Watch yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

japtor posted:

Yeah, in that Apple Watch thread I linked last time you asked about it. (Well I don't have mine yet, it's still a month away apparently)

Should I buy an Apple Watch?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)