Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

kitten smoothie posted:

Huh, that's kind of exactly what would be helpful.

Shame I went to an MS store today, tried the band, and found it to be pretty uncomfortable to wear. I just was not down with the whole thing being rigid, it felt like I was wearing a handcuff.

I felt the same way at first, but got used to it quickly, even when going to sleep. I do have big wrists though. I was coming from a Vivofit which was very comfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

I also went from v1 to v2 Band, and I prefer everything about v2 but the color of the clasp.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

lostleaf posted:

Are you guys with the band 2 using it with android or windows phones?

iPhone. The iOS app has everything the Winphone app has, except Cortana.

MC Hawking posted:

Okay so I understand the basic specs of the device but I'm really wondering about two specific things: Cycling tracking and Can Music Playback off the device. are there curated cycling workouts on it? Can I sideload tunes to the device and playback music off it via bluetooth?

Cycling: yes.
Tunes: negative.

beefnoodle fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Mar 4, 2016