Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Availability on play is flipping between in stock and out, best buy is now showing out of stock.
I thought I would just stroll down to the local BB and pick one up, but nooo. Grrrr.

XIII posted:

My real problem is choosing between black and silver. The black one looks so much cleaner, but the silver is a little more "nothing to see here, just a watch", which I kind of like.
Im going silver as it looks more like a normal watch, but yeah thats my issue too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Silver ordered. I can always return it if I don't like it.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ill enjoy the 360 or Ill return it. Its a new device catagory for me, and at the very least it will decide if I like the category in general.
If I do, I can always upgrade to a next gen smartwatch when they come out. If not, well, I'll return it and go buy a PS4. :shrug:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Shipment notification and tracking number for my wear just arrived (play store, Friday order). Paid for overnight so I'll have it in hand [Tuesday]. Impressions to follow, and I'll report battery percentages on Wednesday.

I haven't worn a watch in years, so it will be very interesting regardless.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Moto360 day 1. Pulled off the charger at 7:30AM, at 12:45 (5hrs) with light-moderate usage: 76%.
Looked at it frequently, couple reminders, setup/rang an alarm...so its acceptable. More would be nice, but Im not crying at this point. Just gotta get used to wearing a watch again period. Chances of returning it are small, but if somebody wanted one ASAP at a premium Id be open to it.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

Screen always on?
No, default setting of screen turning off.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Day 2 report. Again off charger at 7:30, moderate usage until noon, then mostly sitting on my desk. 70% at 5:18pm.
Battery life concerns seem...overstated.

And yes, it charges fine off a standard Qi pad.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

hooah posted:

How do you feel about the responsiveness? I'm wondering if people go into it knowing that it's an older SoC, and so are predisposed to feel like it's laggy, or if it actually is laggy.
No issues with responsiveness in my mind.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

How well does the raise to activate feature work? It seems like one of those things that you'll get irritated because it works most of the time, but some times it doesn't...
Only times its had issues for me is when my wrist is already pretty high or rotated. Bugged me once, but it's pretty good so far.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ragingsheep posted:

Does the 360 light up like a flashlight in the dark?
It stays lit while on the charger, yes. Black background, time, and a blue ring showing battery percentage. Should be simple to find an image. Its not super bright, a nice bedside clock.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

No magnets. A towel would be the easiest way. I don't know if there is an option to turn the screen off completely, I don't see one but I could be wrong. Can't charge through the face, it won't stay in the stand/cradle that way (band is heavy enough to tip it over). and its not catching power from my qi pad when on its face. Its really not very bright on the stand.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

fyallm posted:

Is there a way I can get my Moto 360 to launch like Soundcloud or even google music?
"ok google open [x]" I think.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

My 360 is getting returned. No major issues, and battery is fine for me, I just don't love it and have better things to spend the $250 on. It would be the full $250 and I'll cover shipping (which is what Id get for the return). The watch itself is pristine. Is it worth throwing up an s-mart thread?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

I was going to spend extra cash buying one because they're not in Canada yet. I'd gladly take it off your hands.
Sorry, already shipped back to google.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Every generation of Thinkpad has been worse since Lenovo took over.
This is true. They took a brand that lived on durability and unwillingness to compromise and consumerized it by doing just those things.