Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
I guess I'm a weirdo for not getting invested in "ecosystems 4 lyfe", but lack of any interoperability is second only to battery complaints as to why I'm going to be sticking with my Up24 for the foreseeable future.

I'm fully Apple right now and I'm super excited for Continuity and other iOS8/Yosemite value-adds. But if I switched to an Android phone or got a Surface Pro 4 or some poo poo in a few months, my remaining Apple products would still do everything I expect them to do - just not as seamlessly. I'd be cool with a smartwatch that was a little kludgy when used with the "other guy's" platform, but the current situation is a hilarious deal-breaker given that the whole concept of a smartwatch already has a hard time justifying its existence in a world where most people don't wear watches and activity bands with 2+ weeks of battery life are hitting sub-$100 price points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU