Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Getting to grips with my Moto 360 and want an app (paid/free) for running jogging that also tracks your distance? Any other info, like heart rate, charts, would be a bonus.

Phone is a Nexus 4.

What do you recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Loving my Moto 360 and getting to grips with what it can do, but I'm not always feeling the vibration when a text or whatever comes in. Is there any way to make the vibration longer or multiple buzzes?

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Managed to get two day's use out of my Moto 360. Not a heavy user, but swapped a couple of Watchmaker faces around. Watch put on (from charging) at 7am, and taken off wrist about 8pm. I was down to 20%.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

eyebeem posted:

Ive been using the 360 since launch and get more than all day battery without any silly tricks. My gps is on, i use the watch for strava and to control music every day at the gym, and get updates constantly.

I wake up at 5am, put my watch on at 5:45, and take it off when i get home from the office at 7 or 8pm and I'm usually at 45% battery or so.

I usually get that as well, though today it poo poo the battery after around 7 hours. This has only happened twice since I bought the 360.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

My other half loves her gadgets and bought herself a Moto 360 before I did.

Len posted:

Anyone else have a Moto 360 that can't understand a goddamn word they say? Mine always ends up reading like a word salad when I try and send a text.

Yeah, it does happen. Other half sent me this spoken message: "I'm going to die today."

Freaked me out until I got a second spoken message straight after of something like: "No bad watch bad watch."

What she actually said was: "I've booked a plumber today."

Luckily there's that short count down timer to stop word salads being sent, though some are so funny I let them go and she knows what I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Google Announces Android Wear Update With WiFi Support, Always-On Apps, And More

quote:

It has been a while since Android Wear got any substantial updates, but today Google is announcing a big one.
A new version of Wear will be rolling out over the coming weeks that includes a number of previously rumoured features
(like WiFi support) and some all new stuff (like always-on apps).

And, directly from the Moto 360 blog:
Simpler, easier and more fun. In the next few weeks, an update is coming to Moto 360 equipped with fun few new features like Wi-Fi connectivity, new gestures and easy-to-draw emojis.

I'm going to be poo poo when it comes to drawing a recognisable emoji.

spookygonk fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Apr 21, 2015