Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

CrazySalamander posted:

If the device itself doesn't do this, can it stream your heart rate live to an app that does?
No. It doesn't do "live sync" with anything, which is a shame. The closest you can get is ...

quote:

but if I'm cycling or huffing my way up a trail I'm not going to pause every 30 seconds to look at it,
you can set the Charge HR so that when you tap the "face" twice it'll show heart rate instead of the time.

edit: I really wanted to like the Charge HR, it seemed comfortable and accurate to me, but while it records a lot of data you can't really *do* anything with that data. All show, no go, if you will.

WithoutTheFezOn fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Sep 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
If you truly mean "nothing fancy", what about the Misfit things? Flash and Shine? One of them even lets you wear it on an ankle or in a pendant, iirc.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Does that app maker explain anywhere what "light/deep/awake" are, or how they're calculated? I assume the second picture is basically a step counter-based graph.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Thats a hell of a heart rate.

(I'm unaware of a Polar HR sensor plus step counter in chest strap form. They have one?)

WithoutTheFezOn fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 15, 2016

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

learnincurve posted:

I'm not sure a sub $100 fitness tracker with phone notification exists.
The Misfit Shine 2 (MSRP $99) has notifications in the sense of "it lets you know if you have a phone call or text incoming".

edit: meaning you get a vibration and a colored LED (green for call, blue for text, or maybe the reverse) but it doesn't display any text).

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
The Polar H7 seems to be about as close to universal as there is, and I've heard occasional good things about the Wahoo Tickr (and TickrX), too.

Good luck to your dad, and if it helps let him know at least One Guy On The Internet says "yeah that's neat and reassuring to monitor but in six months chances are fair that you won't be as "jumpy" about it, and you'll be able to read your body pretty well"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
They're on sale at Target right now. S1 is $200/$230 for 38/42 mm sizes.