Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

I'm a stupid, stupid early adopter. While the LG G Watch is interesting thanks to the potential of the platform it's running, the hardware just feels rushed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Alan_Shore posted:

I backed the Rufus Cuff, which I'll hopefully get at some stage in the future. But my question is about Bluetooth. I've never really used it on my phones but the Cuff will connect to my phone via Bluetooth (no android wear).

How many things can connect to Bluetooth at the same time? The phone and watch are connected, now can I connect Bluetooth headphones to the Watch as well? It's using Bluetooth 4 if that makes any difference.

You should be fine. I've had both my Pebble and my LG G watch connected while Bluetooth connected to my car and streaming music.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

IuniusBrutus posted:

How well does Android Wear handle actually interacting with your phone?

I've used a Pebble for a while, and honestly really liked it aside from the styling. In particular, I really enjoyed the ease of flipping through notifications, and easy-to-use Pandora and Google Play Music controls. Does Android Wear handle that well also? Or is it mostly for more passive use?

One thing Android Wear currently does not do that the Pebble can, is scroll through previous notifications. Once you dismiss a notification on your watch, it's gone. Though, if a message comes in (at least through hangouts, which is what I use) , you can scroll through your message history with the sender / hangout.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

7 am to 5 pm, from charged to 70 percent. Screen always on. LG G Watch. :cool: (just trying to make my self less jealous of the new stylish devices)

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

nthalp posted:

some of the conversations google listens into are gonna really gently caress up my search history forever.

is it from things touching the screen, triggering the listening as opposed to it thinking it heard "ok google" ? I've never had anything like that happen on my G watch.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Is anyone else, since updating to android wear 5.0.1 (on a G watch or others) seeming to get notifications a lot less reliably, and also not having google play music controls pop up anymore? I'm kind of pissed it used to work great, and now seems very unreliable.

Edit : This is running on a Note 4 on 4.4.4 NK3

Nerdrock fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 22, 2014

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Protocol7 posted:

I have no new problems with Lollipop on my G Watch and 4.4.4 on my M8, although I do notice the only time my watch bothers to light up and vibrate for Facebook messages is when I'm actively using the phone, and can, you know, see a Facebook message pop up there, too.

For me, Facebook Messenger is the app that's consistently given me that issue ever since I got the thing.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Walked posted:

I want a relatively low profile wearable that allows me to view text messages that I receive, while on my bike, from an iOS phone.

So far it looks like either the Garmin Vivofit or Pebble are the two best bets for this goal; both have bonuses over that but messages while I'm cycling are my number one goal.
edit: The MS band looks like it could be a contender as well.

Anything I'm missing? The Apple watch that's coming is too spendy and too bulky for cycling (and the pebble might be too for that matter).

you could mount the pebble to your handlebar, maybe.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

butt dickus posted:

This looks like something some of you might want (not mine).

http://facerepo.com/app/faces/details/mgs-codec-animated-14a4fba19c5

I like how the Battery level is a ton easier to read then the drat time. on a watch.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Nitrousoxide posted:

I used to be able to get a good 2 days out of my LG G Watch. Now, I'll get a crazy battery drain that'll happen nearly every day. It'll burn through half of the battery in like 2-3 hours. My usage pattern really hasn't changed either. So my typical battery will last less than 24 hours now.

I noticed this happening with the update that added the "find your phone" function to the launcher. Anyone else experience this?

I blame you. You cursed me. This is the first time i've had this happen to me in months.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

before the "iWatch", I'd be constantly questioned if my Pebble was "that watch on TV" , referring to the Samsung Gear commercials.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

Now that Apple is making wearables relevant, everyone will ask you if your Pebble is actually the "iWatch."

Currently I have a G watch, and yes, that's been happening for a while now as well.

My last reason for keeping the Pebble in rotation (golfpad) should be obsoleted this season, since they're Android Wear compatible now.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Yikes. I just upgraded from Gear S2 Classic 3G to the S3 Frontier LTE. So far, it's quite an improvement. It's faster, the battery life is better with the screen always on than it was on the S2 with the screen always off, the more robust Samsung Pay, and the option for any 22mm watch band make it a nice upgrade.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

lostleaf posted:

Anyone have experience with Samsung pay on the gear S3? Do I need to have the phone unlocked or launch an app on the watch to use it or either? Anything about the Samsung pay experience that annoys you?

I'd used it a few times. Hold the back button on the watch, select which card you want to use, press 'pay' on the watch screen, and hold it to the terminal. You need to have your watch PIN locked to set up S Pay. Basically you put the pin in once when you put the watch on, and it remains 'unlocked' until you take the watch off your wrist. Worked pretty good. You don't need your phone at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

lostleaf posted:

So you have to hold the back button or just press it? Also how's the battery life now that you had it for a while? Thanks for the info.

You hold the back button until S Pay pops up. Maybe like one second. I don’t have the watch any more.