Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nicad
Feb 21, 2004

what is this posted:

Highland Bar and Grill

I got trashed here one night on a work trip and had the most bizarre bar experience of my life..

I swear the local, single, middle aged women troll that place for single men. I had a mother come up and pitch the merits of her daughter to me for an hour.

good food, though. bartenders had a good laugh at my expense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nicad
Feb 21, 2004

Safety Dance posted:

I did a cursory search of this thread and I didn't see anything, so I'm going to recommend Tasty China in Marietta. Hot drat, their Szechuan cuisine is amazing. When I go, I recommend:
- Dan Dan noodles (beef or pork)
- Dry Fried Crispy Eggplant with Hot Numbing Pepper
- Dry Fried Beef with Hot Numbing Pepper
- Shan City Chicken (hot as gently caress)

They have some pretty vanilla American-Chinese food too, for your less spice-loving friends.

It's been mentioned a couple times previously, but I want to throw my hat into the ring for Canoe as well. I made reservations for me and my girlfriend following her MCAT last Thursday. On the OpenTable reservation, I mentioned that she would have just taken her MCAT, and I wanted to do something nice for her. Our waitress went out of her way to ask my girlfriend how the test went, and had "Congratulations!" written in chocolate sauce on our desert. The food was just top notch, by the way. It's pricey, but worth it every once in a while.

tasty china in marietta is awesome. the hot and numbing peppers are great, as is the smoked and fried duck. I haven't really gone wrong with anything on the menu

it's also BYOB.

nicad
Feb 21, 2004

angst emotion posted:

He was at Octopus Bar around midnight, too. The lights were all on, too- being able to actually see in there was weird.

yup. It was a little strange. You were there?

Word on the street is he will be at MJQ and clermont tonight

nicad
Feb 21, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

If you guys are also regulars at Brick Store, maybe we know each other IRL. :tinfoil:

I know mindphlux :o

..or well I used to

nicad
Feb 21, 2004

FordCQC posted:

Anyone ever been to Ege Sushi in Marietta?

great sushi for the area. I've seen Alton Brown there a few times while eating

nicad
Feb 21, 2004

Powdered Toast Man posted:

Oh snap I might have to go stalk him, haha.

Anyone been to Eleanor's? I'm intrigued by the idea and Muss & Turner's already has great food and drinks. I hear it can be crowded, though.

Nice atmosphere. Draft list is pretty good but not updated frequently.

I ordered an aviation and it was decent but nothing really to write home about. Worth a visit if you're in the area.

edit: Headed to Quinones this saturday for dinner

nicad
Feb 21, 2004
Went to Paper plane last night. I really enjoyed the cocktails, but they were a little on the pricey side (upwards of $13)

Food was wonderful. Small plates. I tried the pork cheek, lamb, short rib, and ceviche. All were excellent.

I visited Quinones a few months ago and have some mixed feelings.
The short rib, halibut, and quail were wonderful. I'm pretty certain these were cooked sous vide; the halibut texture was sublime.

Given the price, I guess I was expecting something way out in gastro land (ala modernist cuisine). The dishes didn't disappoint, I'm just picky and wanted something to really blow me away. Service was perfect down to every last detail. We ended up ordering 8 more bottles of wine (7 of us total) in addition to the pairing. Yeah, we're a bunch of alcoholics. Sue me.

album: http://imgur.com/a/BEwTi

edit: my centrifuge just got delivered a few weeks ago. Time to start making some crazy cocktails, pea butter, fresh cream butter, etc. Next up is a nitrogen dewar.

nicad
Feb 21, 2004

venutolo posted:

Wait, you guys associate with OTP people?!?

Jerk.

We have tasty china which is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nicad
Feb 21, 2004

jooky posted:

Yes, but Tasty China II is ITP. :smug:

Went there after a strip club night for their late night $2 BBQ special.

Terrible. The seafood was practically rotten.