Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

xK1 posted:

Even just using Internet Explorer I've been having intermittent problems lately with the browser not holding onto the cookie.

Are you on AT&T? There's been a weird issue going on where some iPhone users on AT&T haven't been able to store the forums cookie when they're not on wifi, either in the browser or through the Awful app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

bootleg robot posted:

The awesome thread tags were done by design volunteers for the Awful iOS app. All other graphics were made by me.

Do you have any screenshots of the app? I'm especially curious to see it now that I hear you're reusing our thread tags, but I don't have a Windows Phone device to try the beta.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

bootleg robot posted:

Sample thread page:

Bookmarks pivot:

Thanks! Looks pretty sweet.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

wookieepelt posted:

I seem to be having a problem getting the app to mark as read and it doesn't load a thread from the last read post, but rather the top of the page.

I don't actually have the app (or a Windows phone for that matter) but based on what I've seen from the iOS and Android apps in the past I'm guessing you need to turn on the "Show an icon next to each post indicating if it has been seen or not" option in your forums settings.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I just want to say that even though I don't have a Windows phone, I've always really liked what I've seen of this app, and these most recent screenshots are no exception. Keep up the good work!

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

pokeyman posted:

Which settings currently break things? Maybe there are some worthwhile solutions.

Based on the context it came up in, and what I've seen while following the various Awful apps over the years, I'd put good money on "Mark posts on pages I've already seen in a different color" being one of them.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

2. Bug due to rework of SA with the little icons next to everyones name. Unfortunately Bootleg is MIA so it is unclear whether it will get fixed.

Are you sure this is actually the cause? That sounds really weird to me considering the forums html basically didn't change. It was pretty much just a CSS change to add those icons.

Disclaimer: I don't have a Windows phone and have never actually used the app, but I do contribute to the iOS Awful app so I'm at least somewhat familiar with scraping the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Ouch. I'm not judging because I've made plenty of dumb mistakes myself, but it sucks to see such an easily preventable error break things.

• Locked thread