Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
larkko
Oct 4, 2008

Applied for the beta, looking forward to it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

The new beta build is bitchin', thanks bootleg!

Also, I'd like the option to lock screen orientation, if that's possible to implement.

I like the grey background on the threads since you couldn't make out some emoticons on the black one.

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

I think I got a bug to report!

Copy-pasted the Finnish women's olympic hockey roster from here(http://www.leijonat.fi/uutiset/tuoreimmat/item/9103-tassa-he-ovat-naisleijonat-sotshin-olympialaisissa.html) with the app and it messed up the umlauts so that Välilä became Välilä.

Otherwise the beta has been really awesome. Some crashes on photo-heavy pages and one while turning the phone to landscape mode when replying but nothing major.

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

ultramiraculous posted:

Can't seem to reproduce this one. Does the text come out right when you paste it into other apps?

Edit: Or are you saying it looked right in the app and it showed up wrong after posting?
Yeah, looked right in the app, but after posting it became all moonspeak-y. Just tried posting it to the email app and it came out ok. Oh, I lifted the text using UC Browser and not the default one, maybe there's the problem?

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

bootleg robot posted:

Anyone have any success downloading the latest beta?
Yup, looks good! The thread header thing in the thread view is a really nice touch.

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

Thanks for the latest build, looks and feels great!

I spotted a bug with viewing posts of ignored users, screenshot below. Also, umlauts seem to be still busted for me: Äöå

larkko fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Feb 6, 2014

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

bootleg robot posted:

Fixed the umlaut issue. Changed my mind about ignored users - if you click the "view anyway link", the post loads inline instead of on another page.
Fabulous, thank you so much.

Also if you don't like the frog tile, you need to get your head checked. :colbert:

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

The Lord Bude posted:

Could it be an issue with your phone, or one that only crops up on your model of phone? I haven't encountered this issue on my Lumia 920.
Yeah, same here.

Bootleg, would it be possible to add a feature to view pictures with internet explorer and to save pictures to your phone?

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

bootleg robot posted:

Okay, I think I got it right this time...

Imgur Uploading is in now. Lazy image load and click to show in IE is fixed too. I love you all.
:glomp:
Is a new beta version already live?

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

bootleg robot posted:

Thanks for the bug reports, drasticactions! I can't be arsed to check at the moment, but there's a cp setting that shows how many unread posts you have in a given thread. The app parses that value and displays it in the listing. If the app isn't loading the first unread post, it's because you need to enable the setting that shades read posts in a different color. I've actually implemented a configuration tool that will automagically check and configure your cp the way Awful expects, but I don't have time to integrate it yet.

The bookmark order is sorted in a special way. The ranking is as follows:

• Threads with the lowest unread post count
  • Threads with the highest post count
  • Unread threads (which shouldn't be in your bookmarks, honestly)
  • Threads with no new posts

This is how I consume my bookmark list on SA, so I imposed it on everyone else :v: It takes some getting used to, but I haven't had any complaints about it so far.
Thanks for clearing this up. Would it be possible to sort the threads with no new posts by the date of the last post made to the thread?

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

bootleg robot posted:

New beta push in 30 minutes. Reworked saving user cookies and favorites. This should also fix the intermittent loading problems. Test as much as you can. If no one reports any problems, I'll push it to the store.
Cool! Do you have any "tip jar" or something, bootleg? I'd love dropping a couple of bones your way for the awesome work with this app.

Has anybody reported issues with bookmarking threads and switching threads by links posted in threads? Example of the bug I encountered:

I was browsing thread A(which I had bookmarked) and someone posted a link to thread B. I went to the first page of thread B by clicking the link and wanted to bookmark it, so I pressed the toggle bookmark thingy. This deleted the bookmark for thread A I had made before and did not add thread B. When I pressed back to go back to thread A, the app just returned me to the bookmarks tab instead of taking me back to thread A.

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

bootleg robot posted:

3.0.1.1 is out with some bug fixes. The reply box should work a bit better now. I also included a donate page.

The next release will allow you to jump to posts within a page, and manage private messages.
Awesome! Donated like a mofo, thanks again for the app!

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

bootleg robot posted:

Good idea as well. Remember, if you have a request, tell me!
Could the text portion of user avatars be viewable some way? The android app showed the text when you press on a user's avatar.

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

If we're talking issues, the few times I've tried to use the smiley/tag selector, it copied to the clipboard correctly but then wiped my reply out. :saddowns:
+1 to this.

Also, after changing my password, the app prompted the object reference not set nonesense, but it went away when I logged out of the app and logged in with my new password.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

The app seems to crash on image/gif-heavy pages, for example it crashed a couple times on this page here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3625144&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=68

Has happened to me on both cellular and wifi connections.

• Locked thread