Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
That's incredible. The button on the remote inexplicably reversed, the disembodied jazz fingers hand thrown in apparently to assure people he does in fact have two hands. Beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Jellymouth posted:

As a pallet cleanser, this was a fan-made poster that was made shortly after the film was announced.

Luke was so upset about that fire that Leia was in that he had a stroke.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Had no idea what the hell Chappie was, but instantly recognized it as Blomkamp. He looks a lot like the robot from his demo reel like 10 years ago.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

I have no valid criticism of Miles Teller other than that I want to punch his face so hard it kills both of us.

I don't know why

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

She also originally got naked for the movie but they decided later they wanted it to be PG-13 and so gave her digital underwear.

Getting real sick of my analog underwear over here.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

axleblaze posted:

Man, I wish this movie was like 1/1000th as good as this poster.
Said every person ever who has watched any horror movie ever.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Yeah, it was meant as a playful bash against a genre that I enjoy. It just holds true a lot, especially in the direct to video market.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Barfing Cumlord posted:

III

Was this immediately obvious interpretation not the correct one?

Give his post some more thought.

I am also digging that poster, but it unfortunately serves to promise the fact that a small child will be telling his/her parents about the ghost in their house that only he/she can see. The parents will chuckle, or look concerned depending on whether or not they have noticed that the door to the attic keeps opening on its own.

Slugworth fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 19, 2014

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Frostwerks posted:

I love Rocky 4, no poo poo. Love that poster too.

Nothing wrong with thinking of cum as long as it's mine.

But why do you want to cum on Dolph Lundgren so badly?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

penismightier posted:

Do you seriously not see why that word, which has four letters of which none of them scan immediately as upside down, is a bad choice for that style?

Honestly, 'down' didn't even register as upside down in my brain. I had to go back and look at it to see what you guys were talking about. I like it. I think most people read 'upside' and their brain autocompletes it, especially with the rest of the poster sort of priming you for it.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

How Stella Got Her Groove Back With One Weird Trick

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

soapgish posted:

The exact same result could have been achieved in a warehouse with a few actors. To make it a city-wide event costing millions of dollars was an act of vanity, pure and simple. A lot of children could have had wishes granted on that dime but narcissism prevailed. Don't be a bitch about it.
This is a valid point if the solitary goal was making the kid happy. It could be argued the goal was also making the entire city happy, which it seems to have done. At that point, it's no crazier than a parade or the 'Local Source Of Pride' events that a lot of cities hold.

Obviously there was a lot of back patting, but truthfully, that is present in most charity situations.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Young Freud posted:

Really dude? Redbox take dollars and coins like a vending machine.

Really? What keeps me from just keeping the movie then?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

You had me at "The Guest" :swoon:

They had me at Leland Orser getting top billing

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

I will watch literally anything with Chris O'Dowd, and incidentally, that is largely because of his accent.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

My love of Chris O'Dowd has apparently netted me a custom title.

Thank you, anonymous forum user, who is almost certainly Chris O'Dowd.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

MY ABACUS! posted:

Nothing says Fury Road to me like a pleasant blue sky.
What a lovely day.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

The MSJ posted:

Posters:

I desperately want to see the movie the first poster promises, and have absolutely no interest in seeing the movie the second poster promises.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Vanderdeath posted:

My mom does this. She'll also randomly give the show's name to the main character, so Emily Deschanel's character is "Bones,

Wait, is the character's name not Bones? I haven't ever watched it, but I would have put good money on it.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

King Vidiot posted:

Also why the hell did they capitalize the "A"? :psyduck:

Look, I know I'm on the wrong side of the argument here, but I would capitalize that A. It just looks so strange not to. It's my least favorite grammar rule.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Sleeveless posted:

Well they are completely worthless and have been actively disproven by the psychological community yet schools and businesses still use them because they're so heavily marketed, the frustration at the course of your lie being determining by a bullshit multiple-choice test is a pretty rich vein to mine.

I lost a job that I all but had because of the results of a Briggs Meyer test. Two interviews, a working interview, and all references called. Then the test. Then silence.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

That seems pretty arbitrary. What, introverted people are incapable of getting a job done?

I probably tested as Divergent and they were afraid I would upset their society and lazily rappel down their dams.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

mind the walrus posted:

If you like pretty pictures utterly wasted on a blandly serious Short Circuit reboot, go nuts.
Blandly...... serious?

The movie about the childlike robot who is adopted by a rap duo who make him into a numbah-one gangsta? poo poo man, Chappie is the result of Blomkamp watching Short Circuit 2 and thinking the Los Locos scene ran about two hours shorter than it should have. What part was blandly serious?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Mr. Squishy posted:

I just assumed it was one of those weird "two guys caught the same zeitgeist" things that happen from time to time, but that's way better. Spite movies own.
I don't have like charts and graphs or anything to prove the point, but it felt for awhile like DreamWorks was just acting as Pixar's shadow. A Shark's Tale came out right after Finding Nemo, Shrek came out right after Monsters Inc, etc. I feel like there was a Dreamworks rat movie right around Ratatouille.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Krispy Kareem posted:

Shrek and Monsters Inc came out the same year, but Shrek was in production for a loooong time. Chris Farley did the original voice work and he died in like 1997.

Ahh, yeah, I'm not particularly invested in the theory obviously, just a thing I've sort of noticed.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Goddamn, Baskin Robbins ads are getting wild.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I got yelled at because my Mad Max posters were 14 feet below my cathedral ceiling.

Sorry I can't basic design. :(

I think I yelled at you because I thought one poster was smaller than the others, but the twist was that I actually don't understand how perspective works.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

CelticPredator posted:

I read them only a few years ago.
Were you..... not younger a few years ago?

I mean, his point still stands.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

The MSJ posted:

Why must it be violence? It would be even more surprising if they love. And by that I mean kiss.
But then it turns out Batman is wearing kryptonite lipstick, proving that with enough time and eroticism, Batman can defeat anyone.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

AIR BUD ENTERTAINMENT

they split off from Disney and became their own brand. that's...that's amazing.

Disney was stifling them artistically.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Terminal Entropy posted:

They got the movie title wrong though:

My first thought was Entourage sequel, but apparently I was mixing up movie posters in my head.

Slugworth fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 29, 2016

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Waffleman_ posted:

1. It's a series

2. It's a loving watermark because the logo was revealed on the site, you weird dumbass.

I mean, of course you'd get confused. Of course production logos are that large and also half transparent. It's an easy mistake to make.

Edit: There are plenty of reasons to be skeptical about a new Voltron, but you guys don't have to like make poo poo up to do it.
Uhhhhhhhhh, I may be mistaken, but I think he was saying, like, "crazy times we live in. Internet sites producing major media. Cats and dogs"

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Waffleman_ posted:

But they're NOT producing it?
Is Netflix not producing it?

Or is Netflix not an Internet site?

Worst case, the guy was mistaken about the podcast portion. I still think his basic point was a real simple observation about how media has changed in the last few years.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

caligulamprey posted:

Absolutely none of these colors appear in the trailer for the film.
Also, both those characters have skin in the movie. Somebody better be getting fired over this poo poo.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

The sequel to New York Sex Monsters is looking pretty good.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Basebf555 posted:

Yea this is really a bizarre idea. Full House was not popular with adults in its original run, it was a show adults could tolerate because their kids liked it. The kids of 2016 will not like Full House.
Anecdotes and what not, but my 9 year old niece, independent of her parents found Full House reruns on TV and absolutely fell in love with it. So, they have at least one guaranteed child fan far.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Sleeveless posted:

I stopped watching a few eps into season 2, the first season was great because of the mystery + the main actress playing a bunch of roles and as soon as the show became an actual conspiracy show with clearly defined parties and goals I checked out.
This exactly. The original season also writes itself into a corner where things escalate dramatically and then..... nothing really happens, and all the characters accept it as the new status quo. Think how season one of SoA builds up to what should be a huge civil war and then everyone the next season is more or less fine with eachother, aside from the occasional mention of BEEFS.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Palpek posted:

That bottom pic:

A loving what original series???

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Guy Mann posted:

If there's one thing the world needs more of it's arbitrary and completely meaningless regional tribalism.
Man, you don't even know. There's places in Chicago that refuse to give you ketchup for your hotdog, and you get loving boo'ed for asking. It's the goddamn worst and most trivial nonsense ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Millions of Crows posted:

Tig Notarro is in this?

I can't unsee it now.