Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

The zigzag should really be reversed so the flames would make a Z in the foliage.

Yeah I totally thought this was what they were going for, then I looked at it again and did a double take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

"go go"? i mean i figured they'd be wearing sexy cop outfits or something but hey, as long as I get my moneys worth

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
yeah that poster might work but only with a different shot of ripley bcuz right now it's creepy in a way i don't think you intended

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
i know and don't care that youth culture will leave me behind, and I still think pewdiepie kinda sucks

like I loved lovely scarecam and meme stuff when I was in middle school. the problem with these people is they make all of the isms seem like big jokes instead of real issues

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Timotheous Venture posted:

They should make a movie where the monster is always displayed on the screen at the same size, regardless of the composition of the shot. So no matter what, you always see the creature from their knees to just above their head - whether it's a wide shot or an intense close-up.

WHOOOOOOOOOOS A GOOOOOOD BOOOOOOOOOY

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Mr. Squishy posted:

Why is their gun blue?

I actually think it looks cool. It fits in, composition-wise

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
what is wroooooong with his leeeeeeeg :psyduck:

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
hate it when i land in trouble with Women

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

retard refers to the same group of people as stupid, idiot, moron.....these words share a usage history with words like mongoloid, imbecile, dumb........basically u cant call someone stupid without using an outdated diagnostic term. so im fine calling people retarded frankly

the difference is that none of the ones you mentioned are still really connected to the groups they used to refer to. but retarded is still used to refer to a specific group of people. and like many people have brought up good alternatives that arent slurs. so like, i cant force you to do anything, but there's really no reason to use that word unless you think it makes you cool or something (it doesnt)

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
I thought the sloth scene was hilarious. I also walked away thinking it was the only such scene in the movie.

Also i know these are heavy topics for disneypixar but zootopia has the same issues crash and most other racism movies made by white people do. It makes it seem like both groups are equally oppressed, it obfuscates the real causes of oppression by giving people genuine reasons to fear each other, and most of all it pins racism on individual racist people as opposed to an unfair system

and of course (spoilers) it turns out the solution to racism is to get rid of the one bad racist who was causing all the racism

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
the last three are fine imo but holy gently caress those first two are awwwwwful. i like how the two guys in the venom suits just look mildly miffed about their current situation.

also tbh the ukiyo-e one is better in concept than in execution. the venom suit just doesn't play well with the style, and yeah the machine gun is amazing for all the wrong reasons

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
I have never seen a popular movie be as divisive as the last jedi and it's fascinating to me

Part of me is desperately curious to see it but I feel like that would collapse the waveform, kill Schrodinger's cat, and force me to pick a side. So I'll just abstain and keep watching from a distance I guess

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

welcome to hollywood

its hollywood baby

Claiming that the Hollywood industry is corrupt, disgusting, and full of dangerously unstable people, a true statement, is not the same thing as claiming that one specific person is guilty of one specific crime without offering evidence. No one is defending Amber because they are madly in love with her or too cruelly innocent to perceive the truth, they're saying that there's little reason to claim she's guilty of abuse to the same extent as Depp. This has nothing to do with whatever other Bad People things she may have done, and it's weird you keep bringing up random poo poo like her being buddies with musk - we're not making claims about her fundamental human nature, just this one specific act.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

remigious posted:

This is loving baffling. My Japanese is extremely rusty, but I think it says that every hero begins as a baby?? Does the sonic movie prominently feature baby sonic?

"Every hero was once just a baby," basically.

I have no clue why baby Sonic is a thing now, besides marketing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
So glad that those two second life character models could find love even after their lower bodies were severed clean off