Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It'll actually have nothing to do with evil pharmaceutical companies or bio-weapons. It'll just be Barry Burton as a private investigator for hire solving crimes and mysteries.

I'd be all for a Resident Evil version of Training Day with Leon as the rookie and Wesker as Denzel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Didn't Umbrella make a ton of money as a legit pharmaceutical company? Or is it implied that the intent of the company from Day One was to make bioweapons for reasons?

The back story for Umbrella changed and got more convoluted with each sequel.

I believe in the original game, all that was said was that the T-Virus was originally created to infect enemies prisoners of war with so they could be returned to their own countries and cause a ruckus.
All the giant monsters and mutants came later when they started experimenting on non-humans with it.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

I'm hoping the revelation is that they are on a third cruise ship.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Die Laughing posted:

Those games were so much fun. Maybe you can find a video store that rents systems, or just pick up a cheap Wii. Watch the LP as a last resort. Unlike most Resident evils that are great spectator games, Umbrella Chronicles you really need to be hands on with.

Do any of the LPs go for a 100% collection rate?

I swear I've shot every goddamn breakable in of those games and still I missed almost half of all the collectibles and files.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

NikkolasKing posted:

If they remake RE2, you will have an option to go with the traditional ending of Leon B by blowing up the Tyrant with a Rocket Launcher or you can be a pro and defeat it with a roundhouse kick.

Every line of Leon's dialog should be updated as well to just have him shaking his head slowly and saying "Huh. Women..."

Seriously, outside of that one guy he talks to that is locked up in the cell in the police station, it would totally work.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Calling it now, the kid is gonna have the Colt Python and will only reveal it at the end of the game so she can shoot some villain in the face.

Nah, Barry died and had his ashes forged into a Magnum which his daughter carries around and seemingly talks to.

So, basically Janeane Garofalo's character from Mystery men.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Rookersh posted:

Yeah, I actually really like both the models. Claire actually looks completely done with all this poo poo, and Moria looks like a scared teenager.

Claire is slowly morphing into a red-headed Sarah Michelle Gellar, but that's been the case since the first CGI movie.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

The Dark Id posted:

Elza Walker has finally come back for revenge against Claire for stealing her role.

I'd be down for some RE styled Ben Riley/Peter Parker Clone Saga hijinks.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Wanderer posted:

New trailer for Revelations 2. Barry's aged remarkably well.

Daily exposure to anti-rust gun oil will do that.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

RE6 was good and fun.

It could have used more unlockable super-weapons though.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Anonymous Robot posted:

It's a crying shame that they squandered the Operation Raccoon City concept, because it's a loving baller idea and a great way to do a quasi-remake of RE2 without treading old ground.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the days of ever seeing brand-new content based in Raccoon city are long past.

At this point the only RE game that I could see myself really getting behind would be an X-COM style game where you send rookie BSAA members around the globe to stomp out bio-weapons attacks.

Bonus points for having an explorable base so I can watch Commander Redfield do battle with a steak in the mess hall.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

One of the neat things about the original RE was you could occasionally get stuff to trigger differently by doing things in a different order. I'm sure I once got the 'rescue Rebecca from the Hunter' bit to spawn in a different room but I've no idea what I did to change it.

The best for this was right at the start of Jill's scenario where if you went back to the dining room without encountering the first zombie, it would eventually wander out on its own prompting Barry to shoot it like four times with his magnum, thus making it the strongest zombie in the entire series.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Is there a lore based explanation for why there isn't tons of cops/sheriffs swarming the mansion the second one of their SWAT teams get trapped in it. Is the other STARS team that Rebecca was on the only backup in raccoon city?

There's also the chance they did try to help, but just ended up at one of the several identical mansion out in those loving woods.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Mr. Fortitude posted:

RE 6 is more of a brawler than a shooter. Guns just soften enemies up so you can get close enough to punch them in the face. Don't play it like RE 4 or 5 because everyone does that and then gets frustrated with the game.

Which is why I think RE 6 would have been better if they just stuck with Sherry and Jake for the entire thing. The dynamic of having an almost purely melee focused character paired with a ranged support one just seemed mesh together the best.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Geight posted:

Nevermind, checked it again and Wesker is included in the $40 package! Good job, Capcom. You have swindled me of $40 again.

Somewhere in a darkened underground base, an Capcom executive cloaked in shadows is reading this post and writing in a journal how everything is going exactly according to plan.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The PS4 version of Rev 2 is starting to be streamed on twitch if anyone wants to check it out. Looks pretty good so far.

http://www.twitch.tv/carcinogensda

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I never got the chance to play RE5 co-op, and it's still one of my favourite games in the series. I'd wait for the inevitable Halloween sale before dropping the money on the DLC though. I mean, it's good, but it's not that good.

Yeah, a friend and I have been trying to get through the RE 6 campaign in co-op, but it's such a slog at times, especially if you just want to have fun shooting stuff and don't feel like mastering the melee system.

Now that RE 5 is on steam I think we'll jump over to that.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Pesmerga posted:

This will kill the remasters, we will never get a remake of Resident Evil 2 :(

Rod Lima's got your back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IMlfVZHcC8

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Kin posted:

So, is there a fix to this control freeze bug i'm encountering on what i'm assuming is the first stage of the final boss in the 4th episode of revelations 2 (PC version)?

After the cutscene where she-wesker injects herself and i'm returned to the "gameplay" i'm frozen in the spot and the only button on my 360 controller that works is the start button. My mouse cursor is also on screen but keyboard controls aren't working either.

edit: gently caress it, i just watched the fight/ending on youtube. Turns out there's loads of people with the issue and no fix.

Other than the lovely boss bug, the game was quite enjoyable. I maybe could have done with less of the co-op buddy stuff, but as far as atmosphere goes, it's by and far one of the better resident evil games made. It really nailed the claustrophobic Saw/gore/silent hill style vibe a lot which i guess is a bit of a shift from it's original tones, but does kinda work well even in a guns blazing action game.

I had that same issue happen to me, but It didn't do it all the time though. I just kept choosing the reset to last checkpoint option and skipping the cutscene until the controls worked. took a couple of tries.

I also agree with your overall assessment of the game. It started slow, but once I got into it I really enjoyed it. I'm hesitant on playing past the campaign on the PC version though until I see how the Vita port turns out. If I'm going to invest a ton of hours into the Raid mode content, I think going mobile would be the better option.

Also, in regards to the ending: Short-Haired Claire wearing Ada's red silk shirt :eyepop:

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The world map with all the infection outbreaks just makes me sad this isn't a RE: X-Com game.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Resident Evil 2 - VR Edition

I want to see every bead of sweat on Chief Irons face.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The RE 2 remake is all fine and good, but what we really need is Resident Evil: The Brad Vickers Chronicles.

I want to see the horror in my teammate's eyes as I fly away, leaving them all to their deaths just because I heard some dogs barking outside of my sealed military helicopter cockpit.

I want an exciting mini-game of trying to keep a helicopter hovering perfectly level while somehow also managing to toss a loaded rocket launcher out of the side door.

I want to learn about what was happening in the RCPD building during the initial zombie siege. Mainly to find out why Brad spent his time putting a cowgirl stripper outfit in his locker instead of barricading the station against the undead.

Also, preferably all in VR so we can really see that Nemesis tentacle coming right at our face.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 28, 2016

Vakal
May 11, 2008

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

The first one, Degeneration, was Leon + Claire. Degeneration was kinda fun.

Too bad Claire doesn't do a drat thing in the movie besides getting stabbed through the leg with a huge shard of glass.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The best part of the movies was the Tyrant getting absolutely demolished by an A-10 Warthog, thus once again showing how pointless Umbrella's bio-weapon plans for warfare really were.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
If Umbrella is involved, there's an 80% chance that there is a sprawling multi-billion dollar complex located under that abandoned house.

Though I would be perfectly fine if it turns out just being Chris and Leon driving around America in a van investigation haunted houses and punching whatever they find in the face, be it ghost or monster.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 16, 2016

Vakal
May 11, 2008
As long as they don't go off the rails for Remake 2, they can do whatever the gently caress they want with 7 for all I care.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I'd be fine if RE 7 turns out to be this but with Chris and Leon and STARS written on the jackets.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
FPS games would be so much more enjoyably if every time you discharged your weapon you had to fill out a shitload of paper work and then go on leave until your scheduled date to meet with a tribunal to determine if your actions were justified or not.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

the new guy can make the journey from being real afraid of the spooky ghosts to doing a bunch of wrestling moves on them

Just make him a helicopter pilot. The fear of death will be constant.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Mogomra posted:

Just put Leon in the same vehicle as the player. You're essentially loving dead at that point.

What we really need a is an RE game that teams up Leon and Hunk for some reason.

I imagine people near them would just randomly explode due to the friction caused by their death-auras rubbing against each other.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Leon will be the president in RE 7 because he killed the previous one in 6.

That's how politics work, right?

Vakal
May 11, 2008
RE5's biggest sin in my eyes is re-using the el gigante for that vehicle section when an African elephant infected with palagas would have been so much more badass.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Wizard Master posted:

HOLY poo poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3e8OkgqJQI

Neat.

That reminds me of that ICP song having the same crying dog sound when you go to the gardens outside the mansion in RE 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz6WD8RsKvE

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Chris Redfield measures the worth of a man not by the color of his skin, but by the size of his biceps.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Leon looks like he was designed in a lab to be as handsome as humanely possible.

Maybe he was Umbrella's ultimate biological weapon all along.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Guillermus posted:

So no, spanish can't be considered hispanic in the way north america refers to it. RE5 is as racist as RE4 would be. I'm spanish and no one has that mexican accent, we used Euros already when they made RE4 and they even have their own language in Galicia where the game happens, but I'm not offended at all because you know, Capcom and their lack of awareness.

But if someone shot you in the head, it would explode into a giant scythe-tipped tentacle, right?

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Dinosaurs are an untapped market in our current oversaturated world of zombies.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Resident Evil 2 was that good that the series is still riding off of it.

I still always get a kick out of the fact they hired George Romero to make a commercial for RE 2 that cost more than the actual game cost to make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDP1ZFg2cvc

Vakal
May 11, 2008
If the RE 2 Remake ever happens and is successful, I hope RE 3 comes next.

Just cut/paste Alien: Isolation, replacing the ship with a city, and the xenomorph with nemesis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

Leon is still attracted to a woman he's spent a combined total of less than 3 days with over the last decade.

Yeah, but she did throw him a rocket launcher. That's a keeper in my books.