Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

rizuhbull posted:

Since I'm already bitching, Paul Anderson (RE movie director) has not once directed a decent movie. gently caress him, and his ugly rear end wife. She can't act, and he can't direct. It's a combo from hell. With that said, nicely put together thread :colbert:

Hey now, we all agree she's a poo poo actress but the reason she's in those movies is because she's pretty! Don't take that away from her.

I wish they would reboot the series so I can get my b-movie RE4 adaptation, but they make too much money. At this point they're not even dumb fun like the first two films. The last movie was incredibly boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Zombie leeches with teeth that morphed into a JRPG, if I remember right.

RE0 was the greatest game, I don't know what you all are talking about.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Vakal posted:

At least Birkin managed to find a wife and father a kid during his career at umbrella.

The best Wesker managed was making a poorly photoshopped picture of Rebecca in a highschool sports outfit and hiding it in his desk.
Wesker's true love is bothering the poo poo out of Jill and Chris. That's why he simply can't bring himself to kill them.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Good to know the dialogue writing hasn't gotten any better. Oh Resi. :allears:

e: Also if you called Resident Evil 'Resi' to my face I would probably instinctively punch you.

Meowjesty fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 26, 2012

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Now I have to buy a copy of Revelaitons before they fix the spine. I see your plan, Capcom! :argh:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Pretty much that, except less intentional and more Capcom not giving a gently caress.

I mean, the Chinese government had an orbital laser that could lock onto a microchip under someone's skin in like 2005. Umbrella having future guns isn't much of a stretch.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

I don't think the basics of CQC are going to help you much against BOWs.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Resident Evil 4 and 5 say otherwise. Chris punching a dude is like a shotgun attached to the end of his wrist.

CQC works fine against boulders but try punching a giant tentacle monster and what do you get?

Nothing good.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Policenaut posted:

The Wesker/Jill fight on Professional is mindblowingly awful, Sheva just constantly dies.

You pretty much need to spam the follow button to keep her by your side if you're playing with the AI. Absolutely ruins that fight. You need to do the same thing on the next Wesker fight.

I also had a really tough time fighting that giant on the turret. :saddowns:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

If you're not repeatedly spamming the follow command while trying to hide, you're doing it wrong. You gotta keep Sheva right next to you.

Seven minutes. Seven minutes of 'C'MON SHEVAaa C'MON SHEVA C'MON C'MON C'MON.'

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

I can see him working if he's somewhat self-aware. A more lighthearted jerk could even out the game since Chris and Leon both seem to be having really bad days.

TheJoker138 posted:

You pretty much just described Leon, except for the "voiced by Nolan North" part. Which makes it even more confusing as to why they felt they needed another character who fills the same role.

They also described Chris except he isn't voiced by Nolan North either. I don't think Nolan North voices anyone in this series, actually.

And while attempting to confirm that I found out that Paul Mercier isn't voicing Leon in ORC. Canceling preorder while shaking my head in disgust.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Hi I'm here to remind you of the two lightgun games before we start throwing stones at RE: SOCOM for being 'worst RE game.'

I don't think I'm buying that at launch, especially since PC isn't coming until May. :v: One less game to look disdainfully at in March, I guess.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Yeah I didn't mean the Wii games.

Because I forgot they existed.

TheJoker138 posted:

At least those games weren't trying too hard to convince me that they were actually awesome and for cool people.

This game isn't either. It's a commercial that the people who made the games probably had no hand in beyond providing footage. :shobon:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Leyburn posted:

Did we discuss this? Capcom came out and made some statements about the viability of a pure 'survival horror' RE game that has sent the internet into a frothing rage - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-23-capcom-survival-horror-market-too-small-for-resident-evil

Personally, I'm embarrassingly excited about RE6, and I played through Desperate Escape with my brother last weekend and had a hell of a good time, so I don't quite get the anger.

"Hey, I know you made us what we are today and supported us through the good and bad games, but we're going to make the franchise appeal to a broader audience. Deal with it."

RE4 is one of my top favorite games and I, too, am embarrassingly excited for RE6. But I can understand why some people would be pissed that Capcom doesn't care about making games for them anymore.

On the bright side, eventually some indie/small company is going to come along and make a great game to appeal to that niche.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Alteisen posted:

More DLC, gently caress you Capcom doesn't have the same flair anymore, I'm gonna have to write a song or something.

And this just splits the mercs community on day 1 so, nice job Capcom, glad to see that's the biggest lesson you learned from ORC.

It's cute that you think Capcom has the capacity to 'learn lessons.' They consistently just keep doing the same thing until it works or they kill something.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

The Wii version has the best controls so you should get that one.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Leyburn posted:

Ahh go on, put Milla Jovovich in a RE game. What could she do, ruin the story?

I don't think you understand just how unforgivably boring the last two Resident Evil movies were and how terrible Alice is.

Anderson somehow found a way to take the concept of zombies, a clone army, and two super not-zombies and made them boring. He made Wesker boring.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Yeah, Anderson had nothing to do with that incredible aspect of Wesker's character unless he was a creative director/producer on RE5. RE5 was shipped before Afterlife began filming.

I agree that they should've used that in MvC because it was the best thing. Alas.

e: The laser part in RE4 was pretty cool but that's pretty much all Anderson contributed to the game series.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Agreed. If the game isn't going to be scary then it better be insane and explodey.

I'm talking explosions every minute and then Leon says something ~super cool~ and then more explosions. :colbert:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Neo Umbrella better be headed by Wesker (who is now part lava monster).

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

The demo is now out but you do need the physical Dragon's Dogma disc to download it. Like, you have to redeem the key on the manual in the marketplace (at least in XBL) and then get into the title screen of Dragon's Dogma to download it.

Capcom. :shepface:

And now that loving opening song for DD is just playing over and over and over and over.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

I like Sherry and Piers more than I like Jake and Chris. I was pretty happy that I could choose to play them immediately. :v: As for impression on the demo, yep that's a post-RE4 Resident Evil game. Yep yep yep.

I'll probably get it on 360 for DLC (because RE5 never had DLC) and then just buy it on Steam when it's fifteen bucks.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Scyron posted:

I don't understand, there are 3 DLC packs, though one was competitive mp only. Did you not play lost in nightmare or desperate escape?

DLC on PC. I got Lost in Nightmare and Desperate Escape for my PS3 copy.

Or was the DLC released for PC? :swoon:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

I imagine people are just used to it at this point. I mean, RE5 had secret ancient-African ruins hidden in plain sight that nobody apparently ever bothered to look at. Then RE4 had a giant midget death robot. There was also the bottomless pit of people pods in 5. How did Wesker even build that? How do you just silently build a bottomless pit of people pods in the middle of not-Africa?

I mean at least two games in the series feature orbital laser cannons.

...For a series about zombies Resident Evil is really loving weird.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Genetic Toaster posted:

He had an extreme makeover. :colbert:

Goddamn RE5 really is more goofy than I give it credit for. Extreme makeovers, seven minutes to hang out, giant people pod pits. If only Chris and Sheva were in on the joke the same way Leon was in 4.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

And now his descent into alcoholism makes all the more sense.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

God, no. Actually, here's my thoughts: If RE1/2 is Evil Dead, and RE4/5 is Evil Dead 2, RE6 is Army of Darkness, and that is absolutely a compliment.
There are no combinations of words that could make me more excited for this game.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Your fate HINGES on this fight! *kicks Chris through a door*
RE5 was a game that I never gave enough credit and I deeply apologize for that.

It wasn't the game that was dumb, it was me. I was the silly goose who couldn't see true beauty.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Ranaszun posted:

Trying to figure out if i should pick up RE6. I loved the demo and was a big fan of RE4 and RE5. Had a blast with co-op in RE5. The reviews seem to be all over the place for this game. Is it one of those love it or hate it games? If so, since I enjoyed the demo, will I enjoy the full game?
If you enjoyed the demo you will enjoy the full game.

For what it's worth, I was not a fan of the demo but I am loving this poo poo right now.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

I'm pretty sure playing as Piers was the best decision I've made in this game so far.

Being a PTSD suffering alcoholic's sidekick is fun but so is sniping everything with an anti-tank gun. :buddy:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Capcom why can't I play as F1 Piers in campaign? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU JERKS?! :mad:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Thievery posted:

Also Mercs voice announcements at the start/end. By Josh Stone.

Speaking of old characters, there's no mention of Jill in this at all is there? I didn't hear any, at least.
There isn't unless theres something in the files. She's probably off doing something important while Chris became an alcoholic for six months.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Ahahaha if there was ever a company to not petition, it's Capcom.

I don't even know why someone would bother. Jeez Louise.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Is Jake Chapter 2 the only time stealth comes up? If so, well it certainly sucks and is not needed, but it wasnt game breaking.

In other words, Jakes campaign so far (I finished Chapter 2) is the weakest, but still nothing that makes me want to proclaim the game a 4 or 5 outta 10.
It comes up as an option in either Jake's 3 or 4 and later in one of Ada's chapters. It is an exceptional pain in the rear end every time.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Honest Thief posted:

Man, this game is sad, there's no incentive to play coop or other online modes and there's barely anyone online; come on Capcom, have some unlockables, patch that in. At least you can play Professional from the get go.
I finished Professional a few days ago and didn't really have any trouble finding jerks to jump in my game and die to QTEs for me. I mean, it's not COD-level multiplayer numbers but it shouldn't be super hard to find a buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

But it makes her rear end look like a basketball. Who masturbates to basketballs? :raise: