Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

The new patch made the game less playable for those that already had problems. I'm about to boot it up to see if that's the case for me.

Already confirmed that you still have to play raid mode with your internet off.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention this. The last mission in the first throwback gauntlet has an enemy from episode 2 so avoid that if you don't want spoilers.

RoanHorse fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

site posted:

I don't have the game yet, so I don't know whether is from story progression or not but drat Claire looks like poo poo in this picture. Does this game take place before or after the cgi movie she's in( and yes i understand shed look different just from the CGI but you know what i mean).

All I know is that steam forum members keep calling her a hag, whore, and slut out of loving nowhere.

It's like they've never seen a middle-aged women in their lifetimes.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Convex posted:

What the gently caress is up with the 'storage space' DLC, there's literally no purpose to it beyond just inconveniencing people until they cough up some cash :mad:

Also having an ingame store where you can purchase guns for real money feels really shady. I don't care about having DLC guns but at least sell them outside of the game so I can just ignore them.

So, do the generated Samurai Edges I've seen in the shop require that I pay for the SE dlc (I have already purchased it) before I can use ingame money to buy them like they did in the first game's ports?

I'm not liking that enemy spawns aren't different in the higher difficulties. It's not as bad as it sounds but it does seem like it would get stale really quickly.
I'm more concerned about the randomization of enemy types between playthroughs of individual levels because that flies right in the face of the original raid mode design. At least it lends well to the new enemy classes that drop bonus experience and/or gold.

Given the new character skills, changing 'no damage' to 'no herbs' was a really good idea and opened up the game to more interesting enemy designs. Skills that increase health aren't useless, and attacks that deal small amounts of damage but are hard to avoid aren't gamebreaking for completionist efforts.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Holy poo poo! Evade cancel is the instant reload bug from the first game!

For context, dodging in Rev 1 was contextual and required a projectile or attack to be within a certain proximity before it could be activated. It cancelled any other animation you were in and instantly reloaded your weapon you were already doing so.

In Rev 2, manually dodging only interrupts reloads, but the Evade Cancel skill makes it so if you dodge under the appropriate conditions you completely reload magazine weapons.
I haven't gotten it to work with shotguns or magnums yet, so it might be as powerful as it was in Rev 1. It might work with Drakes because they reload all shells simultaneously (if it works like the last game, anyway).

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Fereydun posted:

also alongside the instant reload with evade cancel there's also the usual shooter basic 'switch guns/dodge on number change' thing for weapons, which makes reload speed not that much of an issue except for shotguns
Well poo poo. There goes the most interesting passive skill.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

If it weren't for that patch I'd have completed the last gauntlet of episode one.

Does anyone know if you get the toolbox upgrade when you get all the emblems available so far (barring throwback maps)?

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

WaltherFeng posted:

So I just saw some data mined Revelations 2 video where a character was using a legit japanese sword as melee weapon, leaving me just a little bit excited.

Ha-hanzo steel! Finally!

The artbook spoiled Alex Wesker being a lady so I can't loving wait for transphobic bullshit to crop up somewhere.
Edit: I don't know poo poo about RE lore, disregard my spoiler text.

RoanHorse fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 28, 2015

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Lunethex posted:

Future unlockable weapons.

Have they been confirmed as Raid Mode weapons as well?
Also I want rankings in Raid Mode, dammit.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

NESguerilla posted:

I think they were confusing Alex Wesker and Albert Wesker.

Ashford, actually. I got confused because someone doing the data mining said

quote:

"Alex (Alexia?)"
and I assumed it was the trans character from Code Veronica X that we all hope to forget someday.

What's this about taunt kills?

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

The leaderboard is for bragging rights. Obviously it would count all your character's medallion unlocks.

Has anyone figured out exactly what the 'rested' status is? I know it increases XP but I need some exact numbers here.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Why would your bring back Scagdeads in the throwback levels but completely eschew the long sprawling levels with multiple paths that made Rev1's Raid Mode interesting...?
:itwaspoo:

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Just completed Throwback III-2
gently caress scagdeads

gently caress them forever

The last one that spawns on that map has the Disarm ability, forewarning. I've also never seen it spawn as anything other than a sprinter, and sometimes it has a shield.
If it has a shield just retire and do the mission over again because you will not beat it.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Niggurath posted:

Yeah, I was a bit let down by the the throwback maps because I was expecting a throwback further than RE 6...like let's go fight in the Raccoon City Police Department or the main foyer of the mansion. Something a bit more memorable than ummmm those unmemorable places they had. Also yeah, I had no idea what a scagdead was till I came in here and yeah, those things need to gently caress right off. Also gently caress off to that thing at the end of the last throwback map; I don't know what it was but it seemed like a boss I couldn't understand. I'd expose it's weak spot and it never seemed to care and would just keep pinging zero damage. The only way I could kill it was by leaving behind barrels and killing it with that. Which was already annoying after fighting 30 straight stupid revenants.
Try not to mention 'that' thing! It's an episode 2 spoiler!

That aside, if you replay levels, as I'm just now realizing, the number of metal enemies increases substantially. I just ran into three in I-4, and metal revenents are easily the worst non-boss elite. :/
At least they give more experience points.

RoanHorse fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Mar 2, 2015

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

I got a Drake! Level 48, five shells loaded (eight with a magazine part), and it reloads everything immediately just like in the first game so it's got the fastest bad shotgun reload to capacity ratio.
Now, if only one of the characters held the hydras/cerberuses/drakes like certified gay baby Raymond Vester.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

How'd you do it?

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

I'm going to sound like an rear end for this, but I literally haven't played the campaign at all because of the framerate issues so that is my excuse--Do you get bonus parts/taunts/skill-points for Raid Mode by completing the campaign challenges like in Rev1?

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Broose posted:

Also, does anyone else on the PC have trouble with floaty mouse movement?

That's a framerate issue. It manifests as one axis being 'unbound' relative to another (horizontal & vertical sensitivity desyncing because one is running on a different fps?) and general problems with sudden changes in framerate. If you've played Payday 2 on a suboptimal PC with variable framerate, it's basically that in a third person game... regardless of your frame cap...

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Hey, I've been looking into some stupid line of inquiry from lovely transphobes and I was wondering if anyone has info on this.
Is Jessica Sherawat trans in the Japanese script of Rev1?

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

:shrug:
Raymond's canonically gay (apparently???) so I figured there might be some truth to the Jessica rumor. I only asked because I couldn't find anything on the net.

I hope Raid Mode comes back in Re7 because I don't think the next couple of episodes are going to have any particularly interesting levels.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Wait, are the bonus episodes set before or after the events of episodes 1-4?
Moira's sounds like a different continuity entirely.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

I've completed all the current Raid Mode levels and the throwback pack.

Once you find a legendary it can be generated in the shop. I've seen about six Drakes there since I found mine.

Has anyone found a Pale Rider?

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

It takes roughly 25 hours to get a character to level 80, and that's almost halved because I've been using Soul Eater and the Greedy parts on 6 slot Samurai Edges for every killing blow. With dailies and rest bonuses it may take 18-20 (and even less when Soul Eater and Greedy parts reach levels 8-10).
Cypher doesn't seem to get rest bonuses.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Broose posted:

Is there a trick to those fireball guys or is it seriously just shoot at their head until dead?

Apparently you can shoot the tube thing RIGHT as they fire but the timing is different depending on the type of shot and there are seemingly no tells for the type of shot.. I've only done it once on raid mode. It might have been some other thing I hit because I was spraying a TMP at the time. What happens if you succeed is a stun that can be used for a brief knockdown.

Edit: New episode is live. 2.4 gb.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Anyone know if the Pale Rider will be in episode four? Drake was two, Muramasa (sp?) was three. It could be tied to the bonus episodes and I'd like to have a heads-up on that.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

You can get any of the guns currently being offered for real world dollars by playing the game normally.
They turned off the servers for stats to 'fix' a problem everyone has been having that forced them to play the game entirely offline in Raid Mode. The results screen would softlock the game as it uploaded your stats infinitely.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Huh, I never got softlocked when I played online. It'd just sit there saying "uploading" for a while then say connection failed and ask if I wanted to try again. I'd say no and it'd let me go on as if I were offline.

I think the rate of fire is fine at 16.5 (or something along those lines, away from comp). How does burst fire affect SMGs? does it just cause it to fire in two shot bursts semi-auto style or does it do what I hope it does and basically double the rate of fire by making it shoot at the normal rate but in two shot bursts? 'Cause that'd be fantastic.
Burst-fire on rapid fire weapons is kind of iffy. I've only done it on ARs and all it did was make them fire a two-round burst occasionally. Like, every other shot was a single round. It wasn't very useful.
Full burst could be good on a Steady Shot TMP because it always behaves appropriately but I just don't use automatic weapons so I've never seriously attempted anything with them.

Speedball posted:

How the hell do you combine weapon parts to level them up?
Complete the first three easy gauntlets and you'll be given an option in the store to buy the workbench. Every new set of easy gauntlets unlocks the next upgrade for the workbench. Episode 4 will open up level ten upgrading.

RoanHorse fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 17, 2015

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

gently caress Raid Mode

You fight she-Wesker in Omega, get a new dialogue thing from what's her lawnmower, and unlock a fourth difficulty that just makes enemies have more elite designations and gives you better drops. You have to complete every one to unlock the true ending (another she-Wesker fight but she's ten levels above you) and then MAYBE you get to know who's administrating the Red Queen.
You get the second to last toolbox by beating Omega.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

RAID MODE CRASHES BECAUSE YOU HAVE TOO MANY FRIENDS
If you have over 99 Steam friends you get the deploy crash and the uploading hang.
The PC testing never accounted for this scenario.
The same problem that PS Tetris game had.

Law posted:

dumping the entire friends list into an array and causing a buffer overflow is the new black

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Invisible Tank Scagdeads
Invisible Electric Sprinter Scagdeads
All 6 levels above you

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

I would love Raid missions that were just score attack mercenaries things, time bonuses and all.

Edit: Has it been considered that maybe they don't want to make Raid missions with Re5 maps because of the backlash against the stupid-but-not-intentionally-racist stuff in that game? It would explain why the Butcher's 'okay' because their nationality is not implied by their appearance in anyway (see the movies for more on that) and their skin is bleached beyond any point where you could recognize it as having more (or less) melanin than the Russian Afflicted.
It would be pretty unreasonable for the problem to be that they're unfamiliar with the maps from Re5 or lost data crucial to making them work in the Rev variant of MTF2.
Re4 stuff is probably too low poly to be considered for anything but I know I'll be eating these words in two months when they release a 'retro level pack.'

RoanHorse fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 20, 2015

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Wanderer posted:

With the sheer amount of blood on the floor, I assume Gina was going for one of the harder medals and got overwhelmed.

She ran out of life crystals.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

I unlocked all weapon parts and it was underwhelming. :downsgun:

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Seedge posted:

What do you get?

A new gesture and a whole lot of regret. There's about sixty part types off the top of my head and the only new ones are elements, anti-recoil, and the a couple new charge shots.
There is not, for example, a Terra Save part.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Tomahawk posted:

So I bought Revelations 2 having not played a RE game since 5 and I still can't tell if I made a mistake or not. I bought it mainly to play online. Is there online matchmaking for Raid Mode? I haven't run into anyone else yet.

Online Raid Mode is coming in, like, two days. It probably won't work immediately though because people are still getting the infinite upload bug and Capcom has asked people to stop reporting it (after saying they fixed it).

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Online Raid Mode drops tomorrow. Add me on Steam ("Ask Your Goat Mom") if you'd like to play it with a well spec'd character for completion medals.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

therealjon_ posted:

To get the "Clear Raid Mode" unlock, do I need to clear all difficulties?

If that's the record to unlock Code Red, no. Just everything needed to unlock Omega (and then beat that).

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Pay-to-revive crystals being usable in events is not a bug but actually an intended feature

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Jia posted:

Yes. Also yes.
If by 'finished optimizing' you mean 'took your money and stopped caring' then yes, yes they did 'finish' that.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Everyone complains about no-one actually being available for online Raid Mode on PC. I got it working twice. It probably doesn't work as well as it should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

Booted up Revelations 2 for the first time last night to play some Raid Mode with a friend and holy moly this game is janky as hell and barely runs on my computer; stuttering a lot even at the lowest settings. Does this happen to anyone else? Sometimes it's almost unplayable.

I stopped playing when two updates in a row the framers went down and down again with bug fix reports for things I hadn't known were issues (and the hilarious patch where they claimed to have fixed something and then clarified that the fix would be included in the next patch... and then it wasn't).
I completely regret buying this game.