Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.

NESguerilla posted:

I'm glad some people are enjoying it, but I couldn't even get past the 2 hour mark. I really wanted to enjoy it but its just so thoroughly unfun to me in literally every way I don't even want to keep the rental an extra day. What a mess.

This is where I'm at. Two hours in and so turned off I can't bring myself to resume it.

My friends all say it gets better, though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Len posted:

It was the same system from RE5 and really should be kind of obvious you don't get infinite ammo when you first start the game fresh though. So you can't really fault it for that.

ahahahahhahaha WHAT? I can't fault it for that? I can't fault it for something completely unclear to me as a new player?

How would I know what it meant without any context?

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Len posted:

Fair enough. All it says is "Enable" or "Disable" infinite ammo. But it should fall into common sense territory that a game involving heavy gun use doesn't give infinite ammo when you first start. I'm in no way trying to say the game doesn't withhold information but in this case it should be kind of obvious.

Not trying to insult you, but it was in no way remotely obvious to me or anybody I know who is playing it. I have had someone ask me why infinite ammo doesn't work just about every day since it came out. There's no "common sense" element here at all.

Electromax posted:

Your context is the other options defining the rules of the play session like allowing voice or allowing network play, IDK but it isn't that much of a stretch to say you can't fault it for not enabling the cheat from the start.

Well, as someone who doesn't play shooters every day or anything, it made no sense at all, and I don't think I should need lots of -other- game experience to understand a game's menu, you know?

Rocco fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Oct 16, 2012

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Jia posted:

RE6 is a thousand times better than 5 though?

I don't know anyone in real life on planet Earth that thinks this.