Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Anyone know if there is a mod for the PC version of Revelations that puts back in the laser sight? I know RE5 had one as that game disabled it if you were using a mouse/kb. However Revelations has just removed it all together, even when using gamepad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Speedball posted:

I really really wish they hadn't implemented the skill system as they did in Resident Evil 6. Almost anything would have been better than that. Even a Borderlands skill tree would have been more appropriate.

I saw it as a way for them to retain at least some of the customization of the previous games but still make it jump in/jump out co-op friendly. They didn't want people sitting endlessly at inventory screens before starting a chapter or not allowing mid-chapter joins. I think it worked somewhat ok, but I'd rather they went even farther with it and let you specialize guns more so you could just roll with what you like best.

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Excels posted:

I like the part where you fight a meat dinosaur that can turn back into a normal-shaped human at random, fought from a helicopter, with no indicator that you are doing any damage to it as it soaks up thousands and thousands of bullets until a cutscene happens.

RE6 is a game that really puts the control in the hands of the player :v:

On the console versions of the game I used to agree with the complaint about bullet sponge bosses that didn't have notable hit reactions to tell you are doing damage. However on the PC version I found that some weak spots are way easier to see with the higher resolution, and they didn't take nearly as long to kill when using mouse aim to target them. The Dino boss for example I found the weak point on his back near impossible to see on the 360 version, and even when I knew it was there I found it pretty hard to hit so it took a long time to damage him. On the PC version it was no problem at all.

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Pope Guilty posted:

Are the mouse controls as bad as people were saying they are? After playing the Wii version I've always wanted a mouselook option, but I heard that the mouselook in the new RE4 port is really, really bad.

The mouse controls were bad when it first came out, but they patched in a 'modern' aiming option and I've had no problems with it since.