Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis

psydude posted:

Well, look at the bright side, 42% of the nation will be obese by 2030, so as long as you stay average sized you'll practically be an Adonis.

I know this is from a few pages ago, but couldn't the obseity rate be due in large part because of all the sedentary-rear end old people laying around eating and waiting to die? I live in the skinniest state in the country so maybe my perspective is skewed, but most younger people seem to be in pretty good shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis
Just an FYI, any "research" conducted on supplements isn't legit clinical research and is "conducted" by people paid money by the very companies producing the products. Unless you're roiding the most likely effect from supplements is kidney damage. It's all snake oil.

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis
The sources actually aren't bad :shobon: Not the normal crap with supplements anyways.

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis
If you only want to lift for 30 minutes you shouldn't have a workout partner anyways. 30 minutes is fine for one person to get like ~5 lifts in depending on how you're breaking up your workouts, but for a good lift with another person you need like an hour and a half.

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis
Crossfit is loving horrible, WODs are stupid, traditional cardio + strength training is the way to be.

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis
Looking up is likely to help your form, but it's not really necessary to do it forever once you got like muscle memory or whatever.

edit: I always look up out of habit, but if you know what you're doing it's not like it's a problem or anything.

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis
Your calves are small cause your not doing enough calf raises. If calf raises aren't helping then guess what you got small legs God hosed you.

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis

Veins McGee posted:

Bro...wow...thanks for the stunning insight into building one's calf muscles. Mind=blown.

How do you think you grow calfs smart guy?

edit: also if your reverse anorexia is really that bad just get implants.

vacation in merica fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 6, 2012

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis

Veins McGee posted:

I read on some body building blog you have to do sets of 50 or something ridiculous.

or do roids or synthol or whatever.

Yah that's exactly right. Your calves are going to react to tons of reps. If you're lifting for weight on your calves you will never notice any difference in them, the shape is largely defined by your genetics and the only way you'll get around that is giving them a good pump. If they aren't naturally big they're going to be nasty looking when you build them up

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis
AH gently caress DUDE WHAT THE HELL

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis

BULLETS CURE ISLAM posted:

Not tryin to be a dick but why even care about calves? Seriously do girls find them hot im out of the loop *inhales cheeto*

One of the hottest chicks I ever met was in love with calves. She gave mine a 7.9 and I only got an HJ. So yah calves are pretty important.

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis
Hey anyone know a good way to work up to a marathon? Gotta work all this fat I've put on over the past six months. Just been lifting and doing little to no running. I haven't run over 2 miles the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis
I'm gonna be a stay-at-home-dad/student for like the next year, I gotta focus my energy on something or I'll just be even fatter.