Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

nerdbot posted:

It's not that Woodstock being here is a surprise, but it's that he chose Woodstock over every other Peanuts character.

Honnestly, I was 100% sure we were going to see CHarlie Brown here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Lonely Rolling Star posted:

I lose my poo poo every time he introduces another random character from pop culture. Those character dump pages are way funnier than they have any right to be.

Am I going crazy, or did he cross out the T in witch?

Someone mentioned earlier that it's most likely an unintended effect from the grass behind it. The fact that it's the T is just a coincidence.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

nerdbot posted:

Lazerbot drew another piece of self-fanart:

That is one clean bullethole.

e: Their expressions are the best. Daffy just seems so resigned to having a hole in his head.

Narmi fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 23, 2012

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008
Isn't Silver telling Elmer to eat Bugs or Daffy tantamount to condoning cannibalism? He seems pretty okay with the idea of a guy who was just on his team being dinner.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Calico Heart posted:

Would someone mind compiling all the fan art into a handy folder or imgur? I'm introducing all my friends to this wonderful experience

This isn't all of it, but the thread made the front page about a month ago, and has quite a bit hosted.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

razorrozar posted:

Is tindeck still operational?

I remember some people using it recently, and the site is still up. I think soundcloud is good if tindeck doesn't work out.

Narmi fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 28, 2012

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Unguided posted:

Why doesn't SA ever have Troll Off contests?

The Infrateal vs Heebie-GBS is the most memorable one (Infrateal comes in at page 4).

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

iamchillout posted:

GOOD GAWD how I want to see the emo troll get her/his comeuppance (I don't remember, was the gender clarified?)

Silver said that there aren't any girls in among the trolls.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Radiapathy posted:

I'm enjoying the hell out of TGT, but I can't really compare it to anything else I like. (I'm frequently accused of being a huge book/film/music snob.) You might not be able to defend it as great art (because everyone has a different idea of what that means), but it's certainly great entertainment.

Isn't he also drawing all of this in MSPaint using a mouse? As far as webcomics go, MSPaint ones are usually at the bottom of the pile, and while that is part of the charm here it does make what he's accomplished that much more impressive.

Narmi fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 5, 2012

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Hsien-Ko posted:

Honestly drawing with a mouse is the worst thing ever, and judging by those blur effects he uses I think he must be using a tablet and Photoshop or GIMP or something

I forgot he was using GIMP. I think he's still using a mouse though.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Also - Words of Death: don't really kill you

Well if they incapacitate whoever hears them long enough for them to be beaten I guess they lead to death in their own way. It's more of "if you hear it you're as good as dead" thing (since you're soon to be hosed to death).

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Tacostein posted:

Everyone thinks this plan of Shadow's is a horrible idea, except Teemo. He seems to feign ignorance of the plan's consequences.
However, I think he's conscious of his fate. He wants to go out with a bang, marking his presence before he disappears.
One could say Teemo seems to hold dear to Neil Young's words:
"It's better to burn out than to fade away."

Just look at his enthusiasm when hearing the plan.

"i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life"

He know's he's about to die, and yet he embraces it.

Seriously though, I think this comic is more thought out than we give it credit of being.

That was Knuckle's plan (right before he left to smoke his smart weed).

e: This was Shadow's reaction:

Narmi fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 27, 2012

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

bbf2 posted:

Serious question - has there ever been a thread which spawned more avatars than this thread? (Other than the threads specifically about avatar requests obviously)

There was a thread a while ago where a bunch of goons posted their picture while holding a sign saying "X will never amount to anything" (or something very similar) and one picture ended up being the avatar of everyone who posted there.

Also the Avater: The Last Airbender and maybe Game of Thrones in TVIV spawned quite a few avatars as well.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Die Laughing posted:

First let me quote the Recommendation thread:

Follow that up with Batman Incorporated volume 1, and Batman Inc: Leviathan Strikes! You also have Hush, Broken City, Joker, Court of Owls, The Black Mirror, Whatever Happend to the Caped Crusader?, and the fifteenth anniversary edition of Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On Serious Earth.

The new millenium has been pretty drat good to the Batman.

What about the Batman vs Predator/Alien crossover?

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008
I just noticed Sylvester has two bags. I assumed Tweety was in one, but who could be in the other? The old lady?

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

athena posted:

Pretty sure that's a trash bag dude.

Then again... could it be a body bag?

One man's trash is another man's necromantic puppet.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

simplefish posted:

Coyote is stealing the show for me.

He's just so darn happy!

"yeah man get it
all out man"

Narmi fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 30, 2012

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

redreader posted:

Is the bartender any specific known character?

No as of yet but given that he's encouraging the designated driver to get drunk I wouldn't be surprised if he was a troll (or just a really bad bartender).

Some Lined Paper posted:

Goddammit I might have to take this one.

Feel free to. I used these two images if you want just a single frame (size shouldn't be a problem).

Narmi fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 1, 2012

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Rustie posted:

Holy poo poo, Porky telling her to gently caress off out of nowhere. The. Best.

He's showing her his ring.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Rustie posted:

Yes I know, but the fact that he turns into such a mean drunk when all she has done is said hi and be nice at that point is hilarious.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstodd you there.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008
You know, I just realized that Porky has never actually worn pants.

Narmi fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 1, 2012

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008
So the garbage/body bag is gone. It'll be interesting to find out what/who's inside it.

e: Also this is the stuff of nightmares

Narmi fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 3, 2012

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

The MSJ posted:

This is a flashback, so the people who are supposed to be in those bags might not be dead yet.

It's not the people currently dead I'm referring to though - the bag looked full when they were going into the bar and now it's gone. I mean it could just be trash but it's more likely whoever thought them necromancy was in/around the bar and picked up their corpse when they left.

Narmi fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 3, 2012

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Giggily posted:

You need someone to buy the tag as their avatar, and then it's uploaded to the SA Avatar server. That's when people can start adding the tag to their own custom text.

Shouldn't it rather be uploaded it as a smilie? That way someone could just add :slaiyer: or whatever in their custom text.

e: Unless there's a way to code non-emoticon images from the server as part of your text (without being a mod), though I don't think I've ever seen that.

e2: VVVV You're right, it's way too big and twice the max size.

Narmi fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 3, 2012

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Chief Savage Man posted:

The Third Street tag was done that way. I used to have one, it just works with normal img tags.

Huh, didn't know that actually worked. I'm kinda surprised I don't see gangtags more often.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008
The sequence on this page is the best:

derp posted:

holy poo poo this panel killed me:

The things Tom's seen...

thoughs eyes

Narmi fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 11, 2012

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Six Of Spades posted:

Though I have a feeling Tom isn't long for this world.

Tom is seen with Wile E. Coyote and Sylvester after they save Silver (unless you mean that in the present he isn't going to last much longer), so he's going to master his powers with the rest. There's two other guys who might not make it.

e: I'm betting that they're going to have to fight the three-eyed guy and the bald one won't make it.

Narmi fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 13, 2012

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008
"so your telling me you wasn't drunk or hosed up in anyway,when you had sex with me and that monkey"

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

RaspberryCommie posted:

Oooh. Excellent idea. Anyone with gif making skills wanna give me a hand here?

I tried to make one where the head lines up:

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

RaspberryCommie posted:

Ok. I took this, flipped it, and then changed the delay. Does this look good?

Also, should I add text, or does it say everything that needs to be said in the image?

Also, thanks Narmi and cyfad for starting me out. I'm not very good at gifs.

No problem. The stripe switching sides is a bit weird, but probably not something someone would notice (honnestly I only did because you said you flipped it and probably wouldn't have otherwise) and if you want to add text, you can always add the panel in the middle's "you cant focus worth a poo poo" since it's part of sequence and makes sense with the gif.

e: Can you change your avatar after it's already been bought? The above suggestions aren't that huge a deal, so I'm not sure if you'd want to drop and extra $10 to make minor changes.

Narmi fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 20, 2012

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008
That they're just "well, gotta kill you now" and everyone just pulls out weapons and Porkey freaking out is the best.

RaspberryCommie posted:

Yeah, that would probably work better, but I can't change it without dropping another $5.

Honestly, I think the stripe switching sides works fine. I think it adds to it.

Yeah, it's fine as is, plus I forgot that Elmer's hat has red on both sides, so it's all good.

Narmi fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 20, 2012

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Col. Justice posted:

Has anyone else completely forgot about Sonic, Hulk, and the whole first 20 characters?

Quite a few of them are dead by now. Off the top of my head, we've lost: Sonic, Mario, Luigi, Teemo, Bugs, Daffy, the guys who came to Sonic's rescue (I can't remember their names but there were three of them) and Silver's fan club (they never got names, but still) are all gone. Most recently everyone but two from the necromancers club died as well immediately after being introduced.

Lazerbot doesn't mess around. It's actually somewhat refreshing to be honest.

VVV e: You're right, I thought the Troll king had finished off Mario for some reason.

Narmi fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 21, 2012

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

So I guess Coyote just casually eats brains, no big deal.

Narmi fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 21, 2012

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008
Oh Porky :smith:

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

ThatPazuzu posted:

Elmer.

It doesn't make narrative sense or anything like that, but this is the second best scenario. (The first being whatever Lazerbot writes)

This is what I was thinking. Maybe that's why Elmer isn't with the rest of the Neutrals or why they don't care what happens to him. Plus we're 17 pages in, there's only four left for Fud to make his choice.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

simplefish posted:

Also: what is with vertical eye scars and this comic?

Comics, animes, even the occasional TV and film do this sometimes - it's a pretty common method of showing off that a character has been in a lot of fights.

Though like Strongylocentrotus said, it's probably inspired by an anime.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Suzuki Method posted:

Honestly it looks like a grave/tomb/thing opening and some new person coming out we haven't seen yet.

I'm pretty sure it was that blood fountain they drank out of. The person standing there is probably the one who destroyed it.

e: Or it could be the Dark Lord come to greet his new disciples, having destroyed the fonutain by passing through it.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

23 Flavors posted:

Didn't three-eyes get his power at the same time as Wile E?

Yeah, but he knew about it beforehand so he had time to get a demon puppet-corpse ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Calico Heart posted:

Also maybe I'm dumb but why is having your fists beaten, malformed and mishapen so your knuckles are straighter a good thing?

The concept is actually fairly accurate, though not the way you've interpreted it. Shaolin monks actually undergo training that is quite similar as part of their body-strengthening routine. It's called Iron Body

quote:

The iron body is a skill in Shaolin kung fu that takes many years of hard training to develop. The concept is simple: By doing small amounts of damage to your body, your body becomes tougher and eventually becomes as tough as iron. This technique also employs Wolff's law, which says every time a bone fractures or breaks, it becomes stronger after it heals. Start by lightly hitting yourself all over your body with your fists a couple of hundred times daily for one year. The next year, you do the same thing except with a cotton bag full of mung beans. Eventually, after many years, you work your way up to bamboo sticks, boards and iron bars. The goal is to only hit yourself hard enough that you feel it but not actually cause injury.

Lazerbot has essentially described the same thing - he never said you need to turn your fist into pulp for it to work, just hit something repeatedly, though calling it bloody knuckles probably threw people off seeing as that's a kid's game.