Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

simplefish posted:

I just think it's funny that the insult-of-choice seems to be "human being", which is exactly what "bender" means in the UK.

So Garry's a massive bender.

Not the case: 'Bender' is usually used for a massive party/pub crawl. Never heard 'Bender' as refering to homosexuals, and I live in London. As a side note, it's interesting how this worked out, given I've just gone through all 224 pages of this, and seen how it's evolved. Went from general mockery to something to admire.

I just can't help but wish he could type right. For all that it's his style...

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

It's not a new message, but one that people keep readily forgetting: 'The abused become abusers', 'An eye for an eye makes everyone blind' and so on.

And most are aware of how anonymity makes people become completely different people-both in the sense of being freer with more damaging with the insults along with being more willing to commit other actions(Hell, consider the mess Lazerbot ended up in-hacked, effectively having a minor case of ID theft), and more obsessive about being right, getting a reaction, or getting praise(Lazer didn't care(Which is really something), the other guy went completely ballistic).

Fighting it can work, but isn't the true answer.

Shine on, Sage Kermit and Sage Pac. And that in itself felt so damm right-they're so old in terms of reality and the comic.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 21, 2012

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Random:I kinda realised something about Elmer.

He's a blank, or perhaps better word is 'changeling'.

He doesn't act like much by default(Practically a mental fog), then he puts on the troll mask he's a troll, he takes it off he's gone again. Why'd he hunt? Because he's dressed like a hunter.

He's been used so(As in 'multi-role') in the cartoons, I recall, as he's one of the only humans.

Should dress him as a priest or something and see what happens.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Aug 23, 2012

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I'm just annoyed that he makes the damm things so DARK in this set and previously. 1.47 of 2.80 Gamma possible works fine for absolutely everything else, and I still have to turn it up to see more than just black space.

I don't care about the length, though it makes sense when you're at the end and wanting more and each new page is still more fight.

It's the sort of thing that works so much better when it's all at once rather than page by page.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

produce posted:

Why is it rude? There's nothing pejorative about the comparison.

EDIT: Unless you think the Special Olympics are pitiable or something? They're not.

Wrong name.

It's especially galling given the Paralympics are going on this minute.

quote:

It's spreading. Fast.

Which is odd, given he's not actively promoting as far as I'm aware. I don't think Deviantart is actively promoting it either. So how is it spreading so?

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Aug 24, 2012

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Wait, does the robot have a Death Star superlaser that generates fire rocks for eyes? That is SO RIDICULOUS COOL

It's more like a wide-angle blast: less damage, but he wasn't after damage, just making the rocks flame up. And given it takes a lot to make random rocks go flaming for any length of time, the effect on flesh-or ANYTHING for that matter-with a full force beam...would likely be similar to the 'real' Superlaser. Or it'll have enough power to pierce through targets.

quote:

I hope he doesn't time it right.

If he does he's left himself open to a kick in the teeth(Read Robo's lines again)-so I hope he DOES.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 26, 2012

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Maybe it's physically or emotionally(Three-eyes just pissed him right off) draining.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I have to wonder what both him and his brother must be like, or how they grew up. Despite the lack of punctuation, that's a hell of a rant.

If he had to write it out several times or take a long time to get the meaning right, that's fine and impressive in itself, if he came up with it spur of the moment, that's either impressive or worrying.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 27, 2012

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

All the excited ranting and laughing that Garry's doing is absolutely hilarious-- I couldn't stop laughing at it! He's just blabbering on and on!

He's feeding off fear/hate/having power, like most evil/trolly dudes. Somewhere between that and psyching himself up.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 1, 2012

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Crushed out? Huh. What a shame, given Robo here was firing his entire face at the bubble.

But he's come back from worse.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I like how it's going. But how much more can either of them take? Even if one dies, the other will be basically crippled if they don't die outright from all the damage taken-it's not like they've got 1-ups like the Sonic and Mario crew, or nigh-invincibility like the Toons.

Guess they hate each other that much...

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Demon-boy's actively protected and he's unaware of it.

Why does this frustrate me? Though I suppose that third eye had to be good for SOMETHING.

I feel I should recognise this area they were warped to.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I swear to god I've SEEN that thing before, but where? Why do I wanna say Zelda?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

You'd think so, but this only means that Gary is in demon-boy's head. Taunting. FOREVER.

Of course this may also mean he's gotten the knowledge Gary picked up. Now that WOULD be something major.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Saddr Weirdr posted:

I wasn't really feeling the fight, but holy :drat: at the ending. That freaking eye monster thing was incredibly awesome on its own, but apparently it also grows its flesh by consuming the unfortunate souls slain by it. lazerbot certainly wasn't lying when he said we haven't seen what his crazy diamond is capable of.

Which leads to 'how much has this thing killed before, and how'd it do it given it's current host isn't aware of it?'.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

He needs that damm thing cauterised-that pathetic little wrapping won't do a thing(hell, it's already over-filled with blood and needs changing).

Though I'm more surprised he just tore the arm out like it's no big deal. How do these people do it? How is he still moving?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I swear, he ends up just collapsing and dying after all that through being so damm 'tough guy' I'll laugh and laugh.

Then again, I imagine the rest of these trolls would likely mock him or something if he went to them. Or maybe they wouldn't and they'd get him proper attention or a cure spell or SOMETHING.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 27, 2012

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

...'Trolls' are drawn to debates.

How to draw out/mind trap/stall trolls? Cause a debate. They can't help themselves.

That's actually decently clever as a trap. You could probably throw a bunch of books at them or something with a bunch of statements/questions and cause a similar effect.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 2, 2012

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

How'd Foghorn Leghorn of all birds end up dead?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

i got a question to the fans that complain all the time, come on now, now your just looking for stuff to complain about here, i mean is that all you guys do? its a question not meaning anything offensive about it, just a question, why complain about stuff, im guessing its how you work, its like you look at all them comics and other things just to look for things to complain about, i guess that's how you pass the time, i mean every time i upload a page you guys love it but can't help your self but to look for something to complain about, i mean are you guys really that critical? i mean i get having your own opinion and what not and that's cool but you guys even complain about little things that aren't even important, i love you guys, but your complaining is ridiculous

That's being overly negative.

If we didn't care, we likely wouldn't nit-pick/complain at all. And there's a tendency(Though I'm likely reading my own issues into it) to not be a 'blind fan' by liking something too much, too purely unless it's some kind of absolute masterpiece. To look past the initial 'yay!' and 'WTF!' and so on, and go deeper.

Personally, I don't complain, only question. Generally I can see what you're after. Though to be fair, the way it goes means there's bound to be posts effectively asking 'WHAT IS THIS, WHY IS THIS?' given half the story is shock value to get a point across or just for it's own sake. Turning Shadow into a full-on mass murderer, for instance, or the horde of zombie characters just now.

Comes with the page-by-page and the nature of Internet fandom(Or any fandom?) to pick everything to shreds with the absence of more story to tide you over.

...That was a rant.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Chernabog posted:

I like that Sylvester has a serious smiley on his text, rather than having a serious face on the drawing itself.

Because our host likely doesn't feel comfortable enough with drawing to change the expression from the base drawing he's copying. I don't entirely blame him, but it must be noted. Wile E's been the same way-no change in expression, ever.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

If the expression properly changes, I'll retract my opinion if it bothers you, but his face and Sylvester's has never changed expression(If I'm recalling wrong, again I'll retract). Tom's has, Elmer's has(And he's been the most 'neutral' of the bunch, so there's no excuse), they haven't.

It LOOKS worse than it likely IS in terms of apparent effort(It LOOKS like copy-paste). Feeling or being neutral never meant a never-changing expression, and I speak as someone who is like that 'naturally'. The difference is I can't raise the dead, it just gets people to regularly ask me why I look so down or 'why don't you smile more' or 'You need to try to engage with people more'.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

This is cool, and funny, and I don't have the right words for it because it shows an honesty and willingness to laugh that I ain't seen often.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I'd rather see what he(she?) managed to come up with without help. It's his victory, let him have his reward without intervention. He might be funnier.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Well, it's obvious someone's gonna switch sides.

Though would it be more more interesting if Tom did switch, or he didn't and just kept being a massive rear end in a top hat.

Lord knows he deserves punching.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Death, to the point of seeing the enemy's 'you died' animation(Crude as it was)and a 'game over' monologue...and it's a daydream? I call 're-loading' or 'press space to restart'. I'm convinced of it. Moreso given that one essay-like thing I read concerning 'The Metaphysics of Morrowind'.

http://fallingawkwardly.wordpress.com/2010/08/29/the-metaphysics-of-morrowind-part-1/

Someone should show it to him if he ain't seen it already-to show him that 4th-wall breaking on this scale is legitimate for the world of Morrowind and by extension Skyrim, and anyone related to it.

At the very least, it'd be interesting to see his thoughts on the thing.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 29, 2012

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

...Ronald's reason to be crazy has merit.

Consider: there used to be him and his gang, and now even he's barely seen save for birthday parties. McDonalds has done a pretty good job of 'killing' him.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Sir Lemming posted:

Gives Johnny Five Aces a run for his money.

....That's a Mario jump. I swear to you.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

...Why do Ronald and Kermit have afterimages? How fast are they moving? Are they under a spell effect?(It doesn't actually matter, of course.)

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

It was both, it still is both. The comic as viewed from here started as pure mocking, went to 'hey this is interesting' and even though you might argue it's lost it's way or whatever, we're still reading.

The out of comic stuff is also in that same area between mocking and interesting where we're still waiting to see what happens next. I still like those 'happy holidays' things he did up.

Even if the whole thing went completely belly up with the author dead or in a mental ward, we'd watch it to the end.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Apr 8, 2013

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

If he can post them in a regular rhythm, there's no problem. The fights themselves were never a problem when read all at once.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

An Old Boot posted:

Speaking of

I'll CHEETOKEN this eventually but maybe a better artist can just expound on it because goddamn I am

Too Cool to Fool, Son

so rusty

i might be the only person on earth who played that game

...Is it wrong my first thought was Brutal: Paws of Fury?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGlyuajmQjs

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Alright, this'll be interesting. Remember Sonic CD is meant to be when they met. Let's see what Lazerbot makes of it.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

visceril posted:

You loving Sned what the hell was that? Don't post anymore of that lovely fanfic garbage this is the TGT thread you can post that garbage in PYF Horrible Fanart thread if you want.

Anyway ur a huge sonic nerd lol

For the record, that was from the UK's 'Sonic the Comic', a completely different beast to Archie's comics. Didn't just do Sonic, but many other Sega games, like Streets of Rage, Ecco the Dolphin, Sparkster, and so on. Lasted a long while, and those who read it remember it fondly.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 23, 2013

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Well, we've got her trapped in/powering a robot. A fight's obviously coming.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. This ain't something that gels with how she is, and I'm expecting shenanigans.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Freak Futanari posted:

Amy Rose got raped so hard, she turned retarded.

That's what happens after horrifying or extreme emotional events. You BREAK. Sometimes a little, sometimes to this extent. Sometimes you put yourself back together, often you don't.

Add to that the physical injuries and being tube-fed for X amount of time.

This crap happens. It's never a joke.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

scarycave posted:

So if TGT is like Naruto, and Naruto is like DBZ...than TGT is like DBZ?

Well, have we had five minutes turned massively long in turns of episodes?

I kid. But you've got a point. But then, any writer will use things he's familiar with in terms of storytelling.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

:psyduck: what is going on :psyduck:

Knuckles is aware of something being very wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

So we have one of the 'full-heal-on-death' fairies, who clearly really hates...something. A person? His life?