Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
My favorite thing is still Woodstock. "I'm gonna teach you how to dodge bullets, then gonna go smoke a joint take a nap and poo poo." He's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, Piggly. :smith:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

The White Dragon posted:

I love how Christians are rednecks and Satanists watch too much anime. It's like who gives a gently caress who wins?

This is why the Neutrals are sympathetic- they're caught between warring factions of dicks.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I like that Knuckles' plan not only worked, but has potential for solving the troll problem. If the trolls and the troll slayers can all just get high with each other there'll be no need for any further carnage.

Of course Shadow is too focused on defeating the trolls to see that.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
If the entire fight scene was buildup to this mindfuckery- well worth it, I'd say. Garry did something to attract something very powerful and dangerous and things are about to get worse.

I'm sure there will eventually be a lengthy explanation of just what happened, but I'm enjoying the mystery of it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

Yeah, it's a common enough concept for the "mashing your action figures together" kind of interpretation for the kid to have no idea what any of the characters in question actually are, or to care about their canon histories or personalities. I know that when I was a kid, my brother and I invented a whole universe starring various Battle Beasts, M.U.S.C.L.E. men, and G.I. Joe figures we'd scrounged up from random playgrounds and other kids' cast-off collections. We had no idea who or what any of them were supposed to be; we just made it all up.

Some of them, of course, we had some vague idea of what they were supposed to be like. We knew whether each of the Transformers was supposed to be an Autobot or a Decepticon, for example, and what they turned into. But as for personalities, they just grew organically, and totally independent of any canon source. Even if we'd known what they were like canonically, we didn't care—because it was funnier to make up our own interpretations. Physical capabilities and mechanics felt like natural constraints on the characters. Personalities didn't.

Really this whole thing dates at least as far back as the Bronte sisters, who as kids wrote tiny books detailing the histories and made-up nations of the toy soldiers they had. (And by "tiny" I mean "you need a magnifying glass to read them the type is so small".)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Coyote loves it when a plan comes together.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
It was a good idea for me to catch up on this thread by only reading the updates.

I don't care what LB's damage is. Still an interesting story.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I for one am still much more interested in the strip than in any external drama. I honestly want to see the story finished.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Zenzirouj posted:

It's like I and anybody else who has seen this pattern play out over and over predicted months ago. I think I posted about this exact situation. Goons never have the self-restraint to stop touching the poop, so first they get all obsessed and worshipful, follow that up by inundating the subject with pure SA, and finally the object destructs in one way or another. Then the forum immediately goes 180 and next thing you know Lazerbot was always an idiot manchild that we never really liked.

The reversal is annoying. The strip didn't suddenly turn to poo poo, it's arguably slowed down by all the punching, but now we can't enjoy it anymore because of all the attached drama.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Adiesome posted:

Sorry, but you do realise that you're in the same boat as everyone else in this thread, right?

We are all laughing at Lazerbot's meltdown. No one is actually offended by his comments to the point that anything could resemble "slapfighting".

It's all one-sided on his part, and it's hilarious.

And then there are those of us who just want to read and talk about the goddamn comic but since this is basically a hate thread now we can't have the neat discussions we did before.

Sure, LB is at fault but so is everyone who wants this thread to be about LB.

Now I know why SuperMechaGodzilla is so big on death of the author.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Tengames posted:

This poo poo is what caused the Dobson and now the Buckley thread to die. I'm honestly surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet.

Precisely. We may have already trampled over the safari rule but surely a sparse discussion thread that trails off between updates and during fight scenes is better than SYAC: The Next Generation.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
A good page- arguably it could have been shorter but at the same time drawing out the moment of self doubt makes it seem more significant. It's like that one early issue of Spider-Man (33? 34?).

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Second-to-last panel looks like DK's face.

Is it just me?

Nah, I thought that for a second too.

Still, some very interesting developments. We hadn't heard from Mario for a bit so I'm glad we caught up with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I never imagined that a scene of random cartoon characters getting high would be this entertaining.