Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
Not sure if this was mentioned already but I often end up tearing and bleeding the skin off the sides of my big and little toes after playing up and down the court. Anyone else went through this and what do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Forgot to mention that I'm using these

By fit better you mean snug or with ample room(?) because it's on me like a glove.

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

I'm on the market for a new shoe since my old one ends up burning pretty fast after a few trips up and down the court, which I guess is a ventilation issue. I primarily play in the backcourt and love to play pesky defense or press full court.

Based on research, I narrowed down my choices to the Hyperchaos or Hyperfuse 2012 which are both around $121 and the Under Armour Micro G Torch at $158 (that's the price in my country). Which of the three is better and are there better options? Obviously I can't really get a proper feel out of these things by just wearing them and walking around the store so I'd like to get input from you guys.

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

We just went up against a team that aggressively traps you with 2 guys once the ball crosses midcourt. Unfortunately since our backup ballhandlers are injured, I get to play this role in spurts. I guess my mistake is instead of staying in the middle, I allow myself to be funneled to the side which I respond by allowing it to go out of bounds. Any other tips other than to keep it in the middle?

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

I play in a small league of 5 companies and my main contribution to our team is balls-out hustle and defense because that's all I'm really good at; I have poor offensive awareness and subpar handles. I have a nice floater though and an open jumper but again - handles. Basically, I'm a short and skinny Adrian Griffin.

On our next game we are going up against the only undefeated team in the tournament who blew out their last two assignments. They're a very beatable, average team IMO with no stand out players and pretty much play well due to one guy: a point guard that can distribute the ball efficiently and can also turn it up when he needs to but mostly from open shots and oddly-angled breakaway layups.

My strategy is to run a box and 1 and deny him the ball and not let him touch it the best I can which I really take pride in, but are we going by this the right way?

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

What's the best way to defend a 1-on-1 fastbreak?

Beating them early to the middle is the most likely first step (which is easier said than done) but after that: do I wait for them to come to me so I can block or alter the shot or do I try to engage them early on and hopefully force a turnover or an extra pass?

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Anyone here have experience using minimalist footwear when playing? This is specifically the one I have and I plan on using it next week on a halfcourt setting and see how it feels outside the gym where I use it for weight lifting and sleds but thought I'd check with you guys. I think it would help me slide better on defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Are the HyperRev's 2014 edition any good for perimeter defense and overall quickness? Looking to give up on my 1st gen Micro G Torch in favor of it.

• Locked thread