Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Is it even tenable that 10 dudes, 18 months and ~$1,500,000 produces something of at least fallout quality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Probably not, but considering Fallout is one of the greatest games ever made, we shouldn't expect a game of such extremely high caliber. You act as if that's a low bar.

I mean technically. Where does $1,500,000 and 10 guys get us on the continuum between Wasteland and Temple of Elemental Evil? Will the people donating $50+ be ok with something smaller and more simple looking/playing than Fallout?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Scrubber posted:

Plus it shows a misunderstanding of the target audience.

I think it more shows the target audience misunderstanding the word 'social' and not knowing much about Demon's Souls.

edit: I agree that it's probably not worth the resources either given the limited budget.

Ratios and Tendency fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 24, 2012

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

How likely is it that we get full party control?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Will the majority of the $2.5 million so far just go straight into developer wages?

• Locked thread