Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.

Abeya Minora posted:

The best headline they ever did was "Black Man Asks Nation For Change" during the 2008 US Presidential Election cycle.

"Black Man Given Nation's Worst Job" ranks pretty high up there, too.

As far as videos go, my favorite is Joad Cressbeckler's stance on GM foods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.

Toad King posted:

Bro, You're A God Among Bros

The staggering number of puns gets me every time.

Bonus article reading

I get the feeling they took this one and ran with it just to get puns out of their system for a while. I was able to keep a straight face right up until "Broseidon, lord of the brocean."

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Robert Denby posted:

On that note, "Homosexual Tearfully Admits to Being Governor of New Jersey"

Also, "Yankees To Rest Pitching Mound After 8 Innings of CC Sabathia"

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

There was a Week In Review slideshow a few years back that was pretty clever.

A Complete History of Art (NWS for artistic nudity)

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Felix_Cat posted:

I love those last sentence of the article zingers.

I'm really not sure where The Onion got that line from though, because there's not a Republican I know who didn't go absolutely gaga over Sarah Palin.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

poo poo :doh:

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

New American Voices: Will.i.am To Debut New Song On Mars.

"It was nice of them to wait for Neil Armstrong to die before doing this."

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Senate Ethics Committee To Meet In New Ethics Committee Mansion

The Onion posted:

The thorny question of lobbyist gift-giving is posed in the Evidence Wing, where lobbyists have voluntarily come forward with hundreds of millions of dollars in ethics-violation-related evidence, including ermine coats, Aston Martin sports cars, and attaché cases filled with cash.

And as always, the final line is masterful.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Debate Gives ESPN Executive Awesome Idea For Show In Which White Guy, Black Guy Ignore Timers And Yell At Each Other

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Anybody here read Chinese? Romney Delivers Stern Warning To China, Speaking Directly Into The Camera In Fluent Mandarin

I didn't do so well in the one Chinese class I attempted, so I can only pick out the words for "I," "China," and "America."

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Grifter posted:

It appears that the letter in the upper right is about a UFO sighting from a military official.

:tinfoil:

And looks like a FOIA request denial right below it. Nice.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Diamond Joe's back!

Biden Working His Way Through Scratch-Off Tickets During Obama's Swearing-In

I don't think they even had to doctor the photo.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

The earliest "Diamond Joe" persona of Biden I could find was from January 2009 in their "News in Photos" section.

Joe Biden Shows Up To Inauguration With Ponytail

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Leave it to The Onion to riff on a man burning in a cabin. And to do it well.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Well, that was fast.

Pope Francis Resigns

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

I love that they make great short sports articles based entirely on a little bit of wordplay.

Charlotte Bobcats Get Lost While Driving To Basket

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

darkwasthenight posted:

Over here in the UK we have the Onion-equivalent The Daily Mash.

Oh, wow, thank you for this.

Breaking Bad A Front For Crystal Meth Manufacture

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Athlete Arrested

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Man On Cusp Of Having Fun Suddenly Remembers Every Single One Of His Responsibilities

The Onion posted:

“Yeah, Man Of Steel looks good,” said a smiling Platt, who was only thinking about how he graduated from college over 10 years ago and still owed $86,000 in student loans. “Can’t wait to see it.”

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Especially when their Facebook post specifically said that the source was a comedy newspaper and not a real journalistic enterprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

I love that they're managing to make John Kerry into some kind of covert agent.

John Kerry Sits In Shadows Of Kiev Café Awaiting Woman Known Only As Dasha

John Kerry Poses As Masseuse To Get Few Minutes With Putin