Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
This Tortoise Is 182 Years Old. So Why Hasn’t He Stopped History’s Greatest Atrocities?

quote:

Consider this: When the oldest living human—116-year-old Misao Okawa of Japan—was born, Jonathan was already nearly 70 years old. He’d already witnessed the tail end of American slavery, the height of British imperialism, and the brutal working conditions under early industrialization.

His response? Callous indifference. With the world falling apart around him, Jonathan lounged around in grasslands and munched idly on leaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
vape

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
an oldie but still one of my favourite headlines to date:

Fritolaysia Cuts Off Chiplomatic Relations With Snackistan

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Inspiring!

"Horseplay"
"Sins I-V"

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
GOP Makes Good on 2009 Promise to Block President's Healthcare Bill

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
American Voices: Kentucky Temporarily Barred From Closing Only Abortion Clinic

every one of them is great but I particularly love

Leroy Diwald, Tuna Prepper posted:

Seems like now’s a good opportunity for some enterprising individual to go open up Kentucky’s second abortion clinic.

“My pride—my accursed pride—has brought me to this! Like Icarus and Arachne before me, let my tale serve as a warning to all those who would surrender to the vile temptations of the ego.”

lol

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
a healthcare 2-for-1:

Nation’s Back Alleys Working To Expand Available Services In Anticipation Of Trumpcare Bill Becoming Law

quote:

“We’re gonna have thousands of people coming through here soon, and right now we’re just not ready for them,” said Durham, NC man Curtis Hendershaw, who spoke from a narrow alleyway behind the Dragon Inn Chinese restaurant, adding that he had already begun making calls to all the unlicensed physicians and disgraced former medical professionals he knows. “We’re used to stitching a guy up here and there, but as soon as insurers can drop essential benefits and impose annual payment caps, we’ll be doing all sorts of major surgeries, pediatric services, mental health treatment, you name it.”

“I just put some cardboard down under that fire escape there so we can have a dry place for a neonatal unit,” he continued.

5 Healing Herbal Teas That Will Have To Do Some Heavy loving Lifting If The Affordable Care Act Is Repealed

quote:

3. Passion flower: Can a tea substitute for Xanax? It’s time to loving find out! The beautifully named passion flower brews into a delicious tea that doubles as an anxiety-easing sedative, and it’s gotta be a pretty goddamn strong one if it’s going to take your mind off the fact that refilling the pills that let you get any sleep at all just got hosed up to a hundred dollars a pop following whatever half-baked Band-Aid Congress slaps on the carcass of the ACA.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

ouch.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Lord Hydronium posted:

Jesus, that is (entirely deservedly) so much more vicious than their usual stuff. :stare:

I was a fan of

quote:

If respect for human life doesn’t interest you, try to remember that sick and indigent people are, at this point, still legally allowed to vote.

Acknowledge that serving in public office sometimes means putting aside your personal beliefs about how all poor people deserve to die in a wet ditch.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
drat they are running with this thing

GOP Promises Americans Will be Able Keep Current Medical Conditions if Obamacare Repealed

quote:

Ryan added that under the new system, millions of Americans would also see a 100 percent reduction in their health insurance premiums, copays, and coverage.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Clearing The Air: Donald Trump Has Announced That He Fired James Comey For Taking Too Long To Uncover His Ties With The Russian Government

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
‘The Onion’ Invites Republican Candidate Greg Gianforte To Physically Assault Our Entire Editorial Staff

The Onion is too good for this world.

The Onion posted:

To further clarify just how he may treat our journalists, we ask that Mr. Gianforte refer to the following list of attacks that we have approved for his use, either individually or in combination, against any member of The Onion staff:

Slap
Kick
Punch to face
Punch to abdomen
Punch to back of head
Throw to ground
Chokehold
Hit with heavy object
Throat stomp
Grab by hair and smash face into tabletop
Suplex

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

I would legit read this

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

God bless The Rock.

that's the greatest thing I ever saw

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Vegan Unaware Pineapple He's Eating Once Used to Beat Cow to Death

just a picture, but the headline is the first one that made me chuckle out loud in a while

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

I continue to be surprised by the genius that comes out of their offices every day.

‘You Deserve Better Than The Person You’re Dating,’ Reports Little Voice In Back Of Mind

The Onion posted:

At press time, the same little voice reported that you just threw away the best thing you ever had.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Longtime Residents Worry Roommate With Well-Paid Job Slowly Gentrifying Apartment

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

I think their posts about the everyday events in the lives of regular people as though they're newsworthy are my favourite

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
5 Of My Father’s Funerals Where He Turned Out To Be Alive And In Attendance, And 2 Funerals Where He Was Actually Dead

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

"Women’s and men’s brains are obviously not functionally interchangeable. If they were, why would so many more women than men be unwilling to slay the guards who block the false door at the end of Hallway 367? I doubt liberals have an answer to that question, and I would challenge them to let go of their precious identity politics and admit that men are simply more assertive than women, and they more often complete my set of Herculean tasks for that reason."

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
What is Trump's Relationship With White Nationalism?

The Onion posted:

Q: What is his position on monuments memorializing Civil War veterans?

A: Trump has been consistently in favor of Confederate statues despite a historical antipathy toward losers.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Next-Level Gaming: The New ‘Call Of Duty’ Will Penalize Players For Shooting Nazis Who Are Actually Very Fine People

"Instead of just blasting away at every enemy soldier, players will have to consider whether each individual Nazi might be an otherwise decent person who just happens to be fighting alongside some real bad apples."

:eyepop:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
here's a game: try and guess the headline from the quote

“This won’t be easy. If nothing else, I’m hoping it’ll be over with pretty quick.”

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

I didn't know I needed this but I do

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
CIA Realizes It's Been Using Black Highlighters All These Years

"I was once ordered to feed documents into a copying machine in order to make backups of some very important top-secret records, but it turned out to be some sort of device that cut the paper to shreds."

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Alabama Forced to Release Thousands of Sex Offenders After Inmates Deny Charges

quote:

“We sometimes ask these individuals not just once but multiple times if they’re guilty of sex crimes, and when they say no, often very emphatically, our hands are pretty much tied.”

drat

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
still one of their best:

Fritolaysia Cuts Off Chiplomatic Relations With Snakistan

The Onion posted:

Relations between the two countries grew stale in 1994, when Fritolaysian rufflelutionaries crossed zestablished borders and forced Snakistan to dispatch cheesekeeping forces.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

"The Onion" posted:

MYTH: The movement’s goal is for whites to live separately in an ethno-state.

FACT: Idaho, Kentucky, Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire already exist.

:drat:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

I never thought I'd see the word amanuensis outside of Cloud Atlas

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

for a second, I read this as John Kerry and I was hopeful that they had done another spy story

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Man, what happened to the onions video department? I was just watching some stuff from around 2012 and they were just killing it. Clickhole's bizarro poo poo can be funny sometimes, and the regular Onion barely does video anymore, but nothing comes close to stuff like Today: Now or Sex House.

have you been watching the Film Standard? because those are all pretty much gold

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

ThingOne posted:

Paul Ryan Will Not Seek Reelection

The Onion is at it's best when it's short and savage.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
‘These Kids Should Be In School Instead Of Protesting,’ Say People So Tantalizingly Close To Getting The Point

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
they still do the Film Standard, which is pretty great

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Woman Nervously Reaches for Cell Phone as Suspicious Black Man Tells Her Today's Soup is Minestrone

The Onion has been downright vicious lately.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Diamond Joe is back!

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Picture only but it's a good one

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

lmao. it's even better since they ran this story about people mistakenly believing The Onion a couple years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012