Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
So does this mean that EQ gets to fund the development efforts of all the other studios in the EG7 family?

Also, how much of that $300M is leveraged debt that is going to be on DGC to repay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

One in the Bum posted:

So does this mean that EQ gets to fund the development efforts of all the other studios in the EG7 family?

Also, how much of that $300M is leveraged debt that is going to be on DGC to repay?

https://www.enadglobal7.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/EG7-Investor-Presentation-Dec-2020-Acquires-Daybreak-Games.pdf

That’s the actual presentation. Surprisingly, their income stream isn’t solely based on EQ. Eq2 does real well also. And dc online has double EQs monthly user count.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

so is anyone else enjoying the newest expansion, "Come Farm Trash! ..of Veeshan" or CoV for short, crystalized restless ores (these make T3 group gear, the best non-raid stuff, can be used to make all of your gear slots) dropping from T1 trash mobs but not from missions or anything, then you've got 4 missions, 3 of which are ludicrously hard and the other one is a 30 second burn fight where he eats poo poo before the first fight mechanic can go out and you get most of the achievements and a bunch of T2 stuff that, unless it's an aug, you probably don't need it because you just spent what feels like an eternity farming trash mobs in the goddamn knee-deep snow for T3 gear

this game is wild, my dudes. and by wild I mean I have done nothing but farm trash mobs for three days please send help

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Yeah, bugs all around. The ores were actually intended to drop from trash, but not at such a high rate. And no ores from missions is going to get corrected soon. I've completed all quests and missions and just have collections, hunters and challengers left. Then it's raiding the rest of the year. I'm hoping they add an evolving item sometime around mid year.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I honestly haven't done anything but farm ores+ts drops and do zlandicar burns, the ts drops were just too much plat to pass up and zlandicar is apparently an aug fountain that just constantly blasts augs all over your group (most of them are bad)

i'm still holding out hope for a new plane of mischief later on in the year, give me stupid quests you bastards!

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Freeport, common lands and lavastorm got redesigned. They're bad. North freeport doesn't exist anymore. Most things you want are in west freeport, some are in east.

Server is cool and good.

Freeport is very bad. Commonlands is very good. Lavastorm im indifferent to.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Anyone familiar with setting up hotkeynet or other programs that allow you to control your box from your main PC?

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

MooselanderII posted:

Anyone familiar with setting up hotkeynet or other programs that allow you to control your box from your main PC?

I am. If you want to PM me I can get into the details there.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Did all the bot groups vanish off Aradune ? Or are they now all in less visible places ?

I'm guessing they'll all be in the Deep when luclin opens next month.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Baconroll posted:

Did all the bot groups vanish off Aradune ? Or are they now all in less visible places ?

I'm guessing they'll all be in the Deep when luclin opens next month.

They are dropping off. Deep will be actual people doing aoe plvl.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
It might be a dude 12 box PLing, or whatever the flavor of TLP Max boxed rule is, but yeah, botting doesn’t really compete well when people sell aoe pulls. The worst botting zone will continue to be siren’s grotto.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

About a week ago it looked like the 36+ strong bot team in Siren's Grotto caught a suspension. They're back in business now though.

Also heard a few days ago of 3 Chardok picks stuffed with kennels bots. I wonder if it was the SG botter bringing up a new team, because I don't think that's a hot plat farming spot.

Then there's the raid target bot team that you'll start to recognize if you look around cities and see anon 60s just standing there doing nothing. I think this dude leaves his whole crew logged on at their origin point so he can quickly warp onto open world targets. Someone posted a video of these characters fighting King tormax behind his throne with 0 trash around them cleared. I recognized a bunch of the ogre names from them just standing around Oggok all the time. I'd also seen those characters botting at the hole undead months ago, probably grinding up new characters because they had a few naked level 40s with them.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
I think a better option that banning bots would be to give them an invisible curse - increased fizzle rate, effective defense/dodge of 0, 0 resists, and no rare drops or only the lovely one no-one wants.

So eat up their Krono and give them nothing back.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Baconroll posted:

I think a better option that banning bots would be to give them an invisible curse - increased fizzle rate, effective defense/dodge of 0, 0 resists, and no rare drops or only the lovely one no-one wants.

So eat up their Krono and give them nothing back.

That and train them whenever you can!!!

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
The box crew raid guy on Mangler was well known for having absolutely dog poo poo geared characters. I’ve witnessed him warping, including entering tacvi while we were on ikaav and instantly showing up at Zun.

There’s long rumored to be a MQ2 build that compiles to work on TLP. I’m certain that it’s being used by the massive crews, making a debuff relatively meaningless, because they tend to /kill the bosses and start taking bids.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

koreban posted:

The box crew raid guy on Mangler was well known for having absolutely dog poo poo geared characters. I’ve witnessed him warping, including entering tacvi while we were on ikaav and instantly showing up at Zun.

There’s long rumored to be a MQ2 build that compiles to work on TLP. I’m certain that it’s being used by the massive crews, making a debuff relatively meaningless, because they tend to /kill the bosses and start taking bids.

This, yeah. If not mq2, eqbot was being pushed hard on Mangler. During luclin we were doing OOB boss sniping in VT OW (because seriously gently caress that place) and another guild’s puller zoned in, warped below us gathered aggro up, warped into our room and dropped the mess there. It was a, “well... we’re also cheating because we just deleted the door files on a necro’s client, let them do an impossible run doorless so we could skip three hours of trash.. AFTER dropping out of the wall to get here in the first place. So, no reporting, no recording,” moment. We did kill the target tho so it was fun. But yes, OW races / kills / box crews are cheaty because Daybreak doesn’t care / can’t stop it.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I guess Ghost is broken or not usable anymore?

We used to use MQ2 ghost to farm older content bosses for augs and such, you could kill raid bosses with a monk+2healers standing at zone line

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
They fixed serverwide channels in the recent patch, so now our Serverwide.GChat:fygm channel is back

Beardfish
Jul 1, 2009

One in the Bum posted:

They fixed serverwide channels in the recent patch, so now our Serverwide.GChat:fygm channel is back

Does this work cross-server? I started playing again on Bristlebane and it joins me to Serverwide.GChat instead.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That’s the name of the channel. The fygm is the password

Future Son
Mar 29, 2007
I'm from the future. I'm your son!
I just started playing again since the Vulak TLP server (and a long time off before that too), and I really don’t understand anything about the game anymore. Every zone I go to is completely empty, and I have no idea where to go or what to do or where to find info to learn.

It’s sad that I barely even remember old zone names or connections anymore. It’s also so confusing how much has been moved around, and all the new features.

I’m not sure what I was hoping to find coming back, but I feel like the EQ that I knew and loved from Kunark to Gates of Discord(?) is long dead, and that’s such a shame.

All I want is a Naggy raid, a Seb or KC group, a Dain/Tormax/NToV raid, a dragon fight of any kind, any PoP raid, or just a chance to group up with a few people to run PoSky and get the last couple pieces of my 1.0 epic quest to finish it or to help out on some old school stuff that brings back those feelings. And I don’t think it’s possible without learning how to 30-box or something ridiculous that just isn’t the same. I don’t want to just grind trash from 65 to 115 with a merc in a game where nothing makes any sense.

I’ve got this crazy deep feeling of loss. It’s just the worst. :cry:

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well, the Aradune server is deep into Velious era right now, with Luclin opening in a few weeks. All of that content would still be feasibly available if you were to start there.

Otherwise, the general consensus is that a new round of TLPs should be opening early this year, perhaps around the anniversary event in April-ish. No word on rulesets, but we’re due for the next one.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Future Son posted:

I just started playing again since the Vulak TLP server (and a long time off before that too), and I really don’t understand anything about the game anymore. Every zone I go to is completely empty, and I have no idea where to go or what to do or where to find info to learn.

It’s sad that I barely even remember old zone names or connections anymore. It’s also so confusing how much has been moved around, and all the new features.

I’m not sure what I was hoping to find coming back, but I feel like the EQ that I knew and loved from Kunark to Gates of Discord(?) is long dead, and that’s such a shame.

All I want is a Naggy raid, a Seb or KC group, a Dain/Tormax/NToV raid, a dragon fight of any kind, any PoP raid, or just a chance to group up with a few people to run PoSky and get the last couple pieces of my 1.0 epic quest to finish it or to help out on some old school stuff that brings back those feelings. And I don’t think it’s possible without learning how to 30-box or something ridiculous that just isn’t the same. I don’t want to just grind trash from 65 to 115 with a merc in a game where nothing makes any sense.

A TLP server is exactly what you want. Either join Aradune or wait for the next one to be released.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Future Son posted:

I've been enjoying aradune and I play the same way I used to. No boxing, no alts, just focusing on one main, pick up groups and soloing. I hit 60 recently and found a guild thats raiding all of the content and getting ready for luclin.

The population is actually p healthy in many respects, although how that manifests in terms of zone crowding and pick up groups is different because the Zone Instance Picks have affected things. Crowding used to spread people out across the zones, picks means they don't have to do that. The result is, you can find pick up groups but you're sort of locked into a zone progression which (right now) is lowbie area => unrest => Tower of Frozen Shadow => Velk's laboratory. It'll take more effort/patience to find Kunark groups right now unless you're an enc. Chardok seems to have more activity than sebilis (which is weird to me because it was always the inverse even post Kunark back in the old days).

There are several guilds farming lots of the raid content that you're pining for. There is a recruitment subforum on the eq forums where you can find the time zone you play in and see what guilds are recruiting and get their discord links. They also post and recruit out of general chat. I have managed to find a pick up group in the arena and raided with a casual guild on some of the classic raid content, but after a certain point you'll need to seek out one of the more organized guilds for velious and luclin content. That said they're actively recruiting and prepping for the luclin expansion release, so its a good time to level up quick if you can.

The time period you're talking about was my EQ sweet spot too and for the moment I'm really enjoying aradune. Its not the same as back then but that cuts both ways, there have been some quality of life improvements made to the game and honestly if you have a little down time while lfg it doesn't sting as bad when you can just tab out and check something or veg on your phone for a little bit until you find something.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Luclin launch tomorrow on the two newest TLPs. Good luck to everybody who will be immersing themselves in the poo poo that is launch rush keying

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Solarin posted:

Luclin launch tomorrow on the two newest TLPs. Good luck to everybody who will be immersing themselves in the poo poo that is launch rush keying

Probably jumping back in. Didnt play much on this server so why not start a noobcat.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Friends don’t let friends do luclin key grinding.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

onesixtwo posted:

Friends don’t let friends do luclin key grinding.

The usual toxic assholes are out in force in Ssraeshza Temple. Non-trackers running in with a train in tow to steal named, groups of pure dps ignoring taskmasters (for hours even !) until someone else engages and does the pull/tank.

I expect it will calm down by next week but right now I wish we could buy GM support tokens as it would be trivial to slap a lot of this down if they vaguely gave a drat.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

DisgracelandUSA posted:

People can send Akaylas a tell if they need a port or maybe Oggwhomp for a weapon or a potion or whatever if they're brave enough.

oggwhomp you rear end in a top hat you KS'd our taskmasters i will never let this slight pass,unforgivable

i demand a duel at dawn

Dubious fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Feb 6, 2021

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Dubious posted:

oggwhomp you rear end in a top hat you KS'd our taskmasters i will never let this slight pass,unforgivable

i demand a duel at dawn

Meet you in the Qeynos arena

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

pouring one out for my homie Qeynos and Fippy Darkpaw.

Forever forgotten and ignored, because gently caress the Karanas, and what are you doing, just make your origin point freeport if you're playing a boring human.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Solarin posted:

Good luck to everybody who will be immersing themselves in the poo poo that is launch rush keying

Been a hell of a poo poo show on the key farming but the launch itself has been fun.

And nothing like wiping on emp to remind you how loving nutso hard EQ used to be when you didn't respawn with your gear :allears:

Yiggy fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Feb 8, 2021

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Yiggy posted:

Been a hell of a poo poo show on the key farming but the launch itself has been fun.

And nothing like wiping on emp to remind you how loving nutso hard EQ used to be when you didn't respawn with your gear :allears:

Keep coffins in the bank!!!!

My partner has been enjoying the group content, but keying isn't exactly the greatest. She's learning a lot in the new guild too, which is great. But the bazaar fuckin sucks and the race to the bottom that happens fuckin sucks.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Our Emp was pretty smooth since we just completely focused on that key. We had a full raid keyed and lots of banes by Saturday night. Fun fight to heal as a shaman. Really nice having on the ball enchanters and wizards to spell shield/rune at the right time to keep the tank from exploding from the big nuke.

VT shards are a disaster but at least it's sort of gated by a second emp kill for us so the pressure is off a bit.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

Solarin posted:

Our Emp was pretty smooth since we just completely focused on that key. We had a full raid keyed and lots of banes by Saturday night. Fun fight to heal as a shaman. Really nice having on the ball enchanters and wizards to spell shield/rune at the right time to keep the tank from exploding from the big nuke.

VT shards are a disaster but at least it's sort of gated by a second emp kill for us so the pressure is off a bit.

If you don’t mind my asking, how many wizzies did you have with spell shield?

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Keep coffins in the bank!!!!

My partner has been enjoying the group content, but keying isn't exactly the greatest. She's learning a lot in the new guild too, which is great. But the bazaar fuckin sucks and the race to the bottom that happens fuckin sucks.

The good news is keying mostly stops here. Next expansion you can look forward to few key hassles and merely dealing with invisible flags that will completely block your progression if you miss any. Oh wait, you can get piggybacked in via the mercies of your guildmates that have all the flags, but will be reliant on them.

At least it's 'don't miss any raids the first time through' over 'farm 10 shards, an orb, a rift, etc'.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
After Luclin the only drama is Plane of Storms in PoP, and then its all over really.

Without instancing we'd 100% get guilds deliberately blowing events they no longer need to stop others from progressing.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Baconroll posted:

After Luclin the only drama is Plane of Storms in PoP, and then its all over really.

Without instancing we'd 100% get guilds deliberately blowing events they no longer need to stop others from progressing.

GoD has Qvic. On Mangler, Bloodthirst locked down 90+% of the non-instanced goats, and more than 50% of open world Txevu for the first 6 or 7 weeks of the expansion on 24 hour batphone. That was pretty drama-ridden.

Agreed tho, beyond that everything is about who get the first/most serverwides.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

koreban posted:

GoD has Qvic. On Mangler, Bloodthirst locked down 90+% of the non-instanced goats, and more than 50% of open world Txevu for the first 6 or 7 weeks of the expansion on 24 hour batphone. That was pretty drama-ridden.

Agreed tho, beyond that everything is about who get the first/most serverwides.

That’s pretty pedantic, considering you can just instance it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Yiggy posted:

If you don’t mind my asking, how many wizzies did you have with spell shield?

I think it was a single wizard task. As far as I know there's zero spell damage going out between the big nuke so a spell shield can be put on at any point beforehand. I'll watch closer next time to see how they were doing it, I was pretty much just focused on healing the really weird rampage damage.