Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

MC Hawking posted:

As much as I loathe Verizon for being massively overpriced with questionable customer service and utilizing CDMA (which fucks a lot of poo poo up), I'm glad they're getting into the prepaid game. Bringing their service cost down from the clouds is a positive move and signals that MNVOS are gaining traction in the states.

I've been on pageplus (VZW MVNO) now for a couple of years and have almost no complaints about phone or customer service. I will never go back to postpaid and will need a very good reason to move from them. But more competition in the Verizon MVNO game will be very good for people like me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Baby Proof posted:

Has anyone tried the PagePlus plans recently? It seems like they offer viable plans for people that use a bunch of voice and text on the Verizon network along with a bit of data. (200 or 250MB of 3G)

I have the 1200 plan and my wife has the unlimited. We both love it. The only real downside is 20 min wait times for anything customer service related and no easy way to activate 4g phones until early next year.

Regarding the data, we don't hit limits, but we spend lots of time where there's wifi and really only use 3g for directions, emails and miscellany while we're out and about.

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Sheep-Goats posted:

What are some good phones for olds starting on their first smart phones? Android, Aio prepaid for the service probably, they're probably not going to be to happy spending more than 200 on the phone itself, LTE would be nice of course but whatever.

My mom is on an 8.1 windows Nokia phone and had a wonderful adjustment from dumb phone, and this is a woman who carried a brick phone until 2001.

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Stick100 posted:

Do you mean 2011? Because I think we all carried bricks until 2001.

No the literal brick phone that African warlords used to commit war crimes with. The kind that the Navy used as kinetic weapons until reliable sources of tungsten were found. The kind of phone that no thug anywhere would think to steal because even the homeless guys had phones that fit into pockets. The thing was huge, had an 8" fixed rubber antennae, 15 physical buttons, 10 number memory and could be used as a substitute heat source should you be trapped in a snow storm. She still has it somewhere too.

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR
You can get pretty much any sprint phone flashed to page plus. CL or swappa a phone and then get someone to flash it for you. I just buy a flagship phone from last year for ~$200 and have this guy do it over the internet and then sell my old one to cover most of the cost. I've been paying about $50 per year to own a phone.

• Locked thread