Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

berzerker posted:

How vigorously are the rules against streaming music enforced? Are they going to cut me off early for using Google music all access at the gym an hour per day?

Highly doubtful - I have streamed Pandora for well over an hour (2-3+) in the past without issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SB35 posted:

MMS is always a hassle. He'll need to try the "SIM swap" in order to get MMS working. It's a hassle, but relatively easy to do. Although now that he's got a smartphone, maybe it's time to get with the times and move onto better chat apps like WeChat or Whatsapp, etc.

While most carriers don't count SMS/MMS, some do and using a chat service (or even GV) a good way to save a few bucks if you're on something like Ting. The more usage you can shuffle into something you're already paying for in quantity (e.g. SMS -> chat, VOIP calling, etc) the better.

Hopefully Google will fully integrate GV and SMS and MMS messaging into Hangouts, thus allowing for the receipt of MMS messages as data. Right now MMS messages sent to a GV number simply don't arrive. The sender doesn't get told it failed, it simply goes into a black hole somewhere. Unless that's been changed, of course.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ThermoPhysical posted:

Looks like you can put any BYOD smartphone on the $40 AIO Wireless plan. If you buy a smartphone from AIO Wireless, you must pick another plan. Also, there's no activation fee if you order on the website.

So, anyone with a Nexus 4 can just go to their site, pick the Basic plan (unlimited everything, data capped to 250MB/mo for full speed (8Mbps, throttles down to 256Kbps), pay the $10.00 for a microSIM, and your bill will only be $40/mo.

All plans drop to 256kbps after the alotted size is hit. You can add an extra 1GB for $10/mo.

There are also fees, apparently.

$5 late fee on your bill.
$15 reconnecting fee.
$10 SIM card price.
The activation fee can be as high as $25 (depends on the dealer in-store) if you set up at the store, but the website waives activation fees.

Basically, if you pay on time, there are no fees. HowardForums seems to complain to hell and back over it though.

However, AIO Wireless is pretty much unlimited, it seems. Depending on the plan you go with you will either be able to use 250MB/2GB/7GB per month of full-speed data (full speed being up to 8Mbps) and once you hit that speed, you're throttled down to 256Kbps for the remainder of your month. Once your bill is paid and the month restarts, you're unthrottled again. You don't seem to be punished for streaming of any kind.

You are able to pay your bill via an AIO store, AIO's website, or the AIO App on the Play Store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mizmowireless.acctmgt

If you'd like to save data (such as you're on the $40 plan), you can download the AIO Wi-Fi app which will allow your phone to connect to any and all available AT&T Wifi Hotspots around the country.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mizmowireless.wifi

I put in a Texas zip code and it seems that the Nexus 4 works fine on their network. They'll ask for your IMEI if they can't find the name of your phone in their system. Once I put in my IMEI, they recognized it as the Nexus 4 and I would be able to use it on the $40/mo plan if I wished.

The rumor on HowardForums is that the service will be nationwide starting September 9, 2013.

iPhones will need to be jailbroken to work on their network.

Did you have to port to a Texas phone number?

That's the line I can't cross. I can't fathom having what is likely a previously-held prepaid number from goddamn Texas. God forbid I get some twang-rear end hick warbling out voicemails to me in the middle of the night. With any luck the mid-Sept rumor is true.

E: Oh, I also meant to ask if anyone has had weird blockages since Net10 went 'unlimited.' It got really touchy about Pandora but not Google Music. Assorted other non-streaming apps (cars.com for example) keep telling me they have connection errors but will go through after enough retries. It used to be latency but with this new poo poo it seems like it's "you don't get the slot, try again!"

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Sep 2, 2013

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mister Fister posted:

When AIO throttles you down to 256kbps, is that on 4G or 3G?

That's probably on all G's.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TLG James posted:

AIO's site seems to let you order. I got all the way through the order page. Looks like it's already hit nation wide.

It's still asking for a zip and is telling me no with my zip.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

If any of y'all with Net10 are porting to Aio, please advise on what they use as the account number and PIN because gently caress their support.

e: gently caress their support:

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 7, 2013

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I'll happily take aio if only for the fact that their website probably won't act like I'm browsing incognito all the time. Goddamn net10 never retains my login session. Add that to the skeezy support forums and terrible support I'll happily pay $6 or so extra for similar service. If its better speed and consistency or coverage, hooray.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ThermoPhysical posted:

What plan are you planning on switching to? If you do switch, can you give a report since I think you're currently the only Omaha goon who'll be switching at the moment?

The $55 plan, I can't stick to 250, even for a $40 phone bill :v:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I'm sorely tempted to switch over to Aio. I nixed the auto renew on my Net10 account and they sent me a sad ex email with the subject line "Tell Us What Happened."

Aio happened, motherfuckers. Aio done happened all over your asses. When I have to post in a goddamn internet forum for support, get a reply in a decent amount of time saying that I need to PM someone, try to send that PM only to get an error saying I have to post 5 times before sending PMs, and try to post 5 times only to get an error saying I have to wait some number of hours between posts, it isn't worth the $6-8 difference considering your competition is stuff like Ting, T-Mobile, Aio, etc. I can ignore the shitposting of other subscribers in a support forum, I can't ignore the awful support I get after having to ignore shitposting. And their phone support is worse. So I'll be getting out later this month. The 3rd month free promo ends on the 29th and my service with net10 is up on the 27th.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

berzerkmonkey posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Well, fifteen days after paying my ETF with Sprint, Ting is offering a deal where they will reimburse 25% of your ETF, up to $75. I can't take advantage, but maybe someone else can: https://ting.com/etf

Send them an email and ask nicely if it can apply retro to you, I've heard they're cool like that.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I can't think of a reason to pay ATT over $100 monthly for the same few gigs of data I can get on Aio for $55. If it really is a difference of a few slivers of coverage in random places then hell no.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TraderStav posted:

I think you've pushed me over the edge to finally transferring my number to GV. I am on a family unlimited plan on Net10 with my wife. What will happen to her phone number if I do this? I obviously want to preserve her number along with mine. Considering jumping to the AIO on mine and keeping her on net10 until I find out how it is.

What do you all recommend given how awful their tech support is?

I would recommend making peace with losing your numbers or waging a battle of attrition with their service reps.

Personally I'm getting ready to audit all my contact information and make sure I have my GV number everywhere or have identified where my mobile number is in order to change it. gently caress dealing with Net10's poo poo sandwich of a support org.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TraderStav posted:

This is very ominous, would I be better served by porting both out then?

The problem is that porting them will be like pulling teeth.

To port you need an account number and a PIN. Net10 is very unwilling to provide either to subscribers. More power to you if you're able to pry it out, but it's bloody unlikely. Seeing as though they're (I'm fairly sure) required to provide the information on request it could be grounds for a complaint to the FCC or FTC, whichever governs number portability. I doubt it'd get anything done but I imagine it makes for a decent threat.

E: The links to their support forum go to https://www.net10forum.com which shows a 'parallels plesk panel' landing page. Wow.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Sep 16, 2013

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TraderStav posted:

A quick google brings this, it's from a year ago:

It didn't work for me when I tried it.

Also, every time you try to port, AIO puts a hold for the total amount due for activation on your card. Just a heads-up if you are looking at multiple attempts. They held about $200 on my card but it was relaxed within a few days :v:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TraderStav posted:

A horrifyingly foreign idea just occurred to me also. Since I am farting around with prepaid and have no interest in contracts any longer perhaps I should *gasp* get an android to do it proper and either keep my iPhone 5 or get a touch to fill the gap in apps (or use the ones I've sunk the cash into) during the transition.

Just for a thought exercise: are there any good android phones that aren't the size of pop tarts and don't have crippling battery life. Yes, these are the biases I have about android. :/

Seconding the Moto X as the solution for your widdle hands. It apparently walks the walk when it comes to battery life.

If you're willing to deal with Verizon/CDMA poo poo you might also consider the Droid MAXXX which uses battery life as a selling point. That's only on Verizon, though, and let's be serious here you don't loving want anything to do with that demonic nightmare hellride of a company. It may also be too big.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ThermoPhysical posted:

Signed up with AIO Wireless this morning, will probably receive the SIM card and instructions on Monday. They do free 2 day shipping if you order before 5PM on Mon-Fri. If you order after 5PM on Friday, or on Saturday or Sunday, you have to wait until the next business day for it to be overnighted for free. Either way, I'd have to wait until next week to use the service.

Apparently, some on HowardForums are having trouble with iPhones on prepaid (this including AIO). They've had to do SIM card swapping and other things just to get their iPhone to work. For example, Facetime works fine on AIO but on GoPhone, it doesn't work and will require you to call AT&T to set it up. But, since it's prepaid, AT&T won't set anything up.

Basically, it's starting to look like, with the coming of iOS 7, iPhones on GSM Prepaid doesn't really work as it would on GSM postpaid or even CDMA prepaid. Not sure why, exactly.

Did you get an email when you ordered? I haven't gotten anything but my card was certainly charged.

E: spam filtered. I found it!

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 21, 2013

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Venkmanologist posted:

I've been using Aio for ~2 weeks with a Nexus 4. I live in an area that has good AT&T coverage, compared to Sprint and Verizon which are both fairly terrible here. TMobile is more or less nonexistent.

The service has been fine and suits my needs pretty well. I can reliably stream from Google Play Music and YouTube videos. Predictably, latency is lackluster (~200-300ms) but that doesn't really bother me.

200-300ms is godlike omniscience compared to Sprint and nigh-godlike omniscience compared to Net10 due to the 'WELP TRY LATER' type of QoS hoodoo they pull. Try using your phone around rush hour and you get what amounts to Sprint service. Wait, wait, wait, wait, error message saying your have a network problem.

They hosed Pandora so hard with that poo poo it kept loving crashing the app.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ThermoPhysical posted:

Thank you. :v:

Try using your phone anywhere on 73rd near the Target strip mall and it just doesn't get a connection. I swear there's a dead spot there that was NOT there before. I kind of blame ST because there's a lot of dead spots and no data spots now. Westroads (inside and out) is the worst.

We'll see how Net10/ST compares today whenever UPS gets here!

I think I'll be the first person in Omaha on AIO with a Nexus 4...or the first person in Omaha on AIO period.

I'm pretty sure that you and I are the only people in the whole state with the Nexus 4 though. Omaha will never catch up. :v:

Just activated my phone on Aio suckaaaaa

Also holy poo poo they waste packaging:

Fuckin' phone box and padding for an envelope and a SIM.

nexus 4 poo poo camera :smith:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Endless Mike posted:

It's illegal to ship packages with hazard labels if they don't contain hazardous materials.

:haw: holy poo poo.

I didn't order a phone and there wasn't one in there. That's somewhat hilarious to know someone committed a federal crime. It was fedex if that makes any difference.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ThermoPhysical posted:

My box has the same sticker on it. haha

I don't think AIO knows/cares about this.

Either way, I'm on their chat thing via the app talking to someone about the weird SIM issues I'm having. She's pretty nice and knowledgeable so this is neat. I like I can just hit them up any time for help.

Also, you can put money in the account to even do advance pays if you like. I'm loving AIO so far. :dance:

Yeah, their chat service is pretty good. The guy I got told me I was awesome and made his day :3:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Venkmanologist posted:

Speed on Aio is 8 Mbps down on LTE and 4 Mbps down on HSPA+. Once you hit your 2GB or 7GB cap (depending on your plan) you're throttled to 256 kbps down. But you can pay that $10 to add an extra 1GB allowance to your cap.

Its honestly fine. The only way I can see it being a problem is if you needed to tether, which isn't supported anyway.

The service isn't for power users, people. Its a cheaper alternative for 'normals'.

Keep in mind that 256kbps down is still noticeably faster than Sprint 3G in many if not most areas. It's just never going to stop being a point of interest that speeds your MVNO punishes you with for using too much data are unattainably high on a top-tier US carrier in TYOOL two thousand and thirteen.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hopefully they wrangle the shortcodes thing with AIO soon. It's playing hell with Hangouts' voice call integration.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ThermoPhysical posted:

This isn't that surprising. AT&T always meant to merge Cricket with AIO when they got control, they said it before but no one paid much attention. Since AT&T isn't going to alienate both the GSM of AIO and the CDMA of Cricket, it looks like they'll rename AIO to Cricket and add in Cricket's CDMA customers. It'll pretty much be like Straight Talk but with Leap Wireless (CDMA) and AT&T (GSM).

Cricket, while known as a "ghetto" prepaid, has much more recognition than AIO ever had. It makes sense to rename it to something more well known.

Ugh. Cricket's got lovely CS, don't they?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ThermoPhysical posted:

They have stores when things go wrong, at least. Their CS is bad, but no where NEAR as bad as Straight Talk. At least you can go speak to someone face to face with them. There's also the seedy as gently caress Tobacco and Phones 4 Less dotting Omaha for Cricket-based stuff. However, there are also Cricket stores popping up too so there's that.

The Cricket HQ on 72nd is always crowded but the customer service there was fine (they gave free take-all-you-want cookies once to apologize for the wait :3:). It's the over-the-phone stuff that's bad.

I was on Cricket as my first carrier, the worst thing about them was their data was pretty lovely. The browser always lead to some Cricket-owned page as the homescreen, you had to do some work to change it. But this was with dumbphones so who knows how they are now.

What's funny is, Apple had AIO up on a slide during their presentation today. :v: This kind of makes them look stupid since AIO will most likely be going away for Cricket.

Wait, near Dodge? That't not just a "BRING ME YOUR STOLEN PHONES" shady flash/repair shop?

Ugh. I might just cave and head to gophone if this poo poo happens. God knows how bad the data will get loving wrecked with a merge. It would be like ATT to just toss everyone onto the heap of poo poo that is Cricket's data service after luring them in with Aio.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TLG James posted:

Their fcc filings seem to indicate that they want leap customers to get new phones. I don't really care if it's cricket if the prices are the same or it's just a name change.

I'm less concerned about the price and name than I am about the data speed. Aio's had nice reliable data and from all indicators Cricket's data is a hellish nightmare. Granted, that is probably because it's Sprint's backend. If they're going to keep the infrastructure and just heap everyone from Aio into it after switching over to GSM, it's not going to be any better unless they cause a mass exodus by telling the current customers they need to get new phones.

I wish T-Mo had coverage here.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FISHMANPET posted:

Leap doesn't have any infrastructure, they're an MVNO. AT&T is a GSM company, worst case scenario they kick all the CDMA people off of cricket and move everything to AT&T, but they'll probably just operate two products, just like Straight Talk does.

They're planning on keeping the Cricket brand and merging Aio's userbase into it, and canning the Aio brand. Cricket is currently a CDMA carrier and as such their customers have no effect on ATT's quality of service or traffic. Taking on those millions of customers means that much more traffic is suddenly on the network, and unless ATT compensates for that it will result in a big ol' Net10-scale shitheap.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ThermoPhysical posted:

That's the one! :v: They're cool there. Busy as gently caress, but cool.

However, remember this is AT&T, not America Movil. America Movil is pretty much king of prepaid right now what with Net10, Straight Talk, TracFone, and a few more I'm not remembering. They could care less if ST or Net10 died. They still have TracFone and the others.

AT&T is trying to break into prepaid with the creation of Go Phone, then AIO, and buying Cricket Wireless and renaming AIO to Cricket. I doubt they'll drop GSM just like that since that means they'll lose customers BACK to ST or Net10. They'll probably do what Wark said and just start giving cheapie GSM phones to current Cricket customers and slowly changing that CDMA into HSPA/LTE.

This means more GSM coverage in multiple places where T-Mobile can't/won't even touch.

It also means more congestion unless ATT devotes more bandwidth to their prepaid business which, while a growing market, is not the revenue generator postpaid typically is and as such is likely to get the short end of the stick. Leap/Cricket might have some towers of their own but as an MVNO they rely primarily on Sprint and augment that with their own towers if needed, meaning their own towers aren't sufficient to bear the full weight of their userbase. Since they weren't on ATT to begin with, that's x million new customers the network needs to accommodate.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gozinbulx posted:

Is AIO not going to be fast as AT&T's network? My fiance currently has AT&T and even without LTE (iPhone 4S) she gets very fast speeds here in Miami. I'm on sprint (I know) and looking to switch. I've become interested in the whole pre-paid/no contract phenomena, ideally bringing in an unlocked, stock phone of my own. I am between T-Mobile and AIO. What draws me to AIO is the possibility of being on the same fast network as hers, but now I see you guys saying that AIO is not as fast and in fact its own network. If thats the case, then I am suddenly much less interested.

Also, concerning T-Mobile and AIO, which (or both) will work with a unlocked, carrier free HTC One? I am reading totally contradicting reports about its ability to carry T-Mobile's HSPA+ on 1700mhz ASW (I dont even know what I just typed).

They cap Aio at 8 mb/s, which is drat fast. If you want faster, by all means go T-mo if you have coverage.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I just remembered about the 3rd month free promo when I signed up. I hope they keep to their drat word on that. I got the confirmatory SMS the day after activation so I know I got in.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Will the Nexus 5 (the one that comes from the play store, not the one that comes from Sprint) work on Ting? I keep hearing about it working on Sprint.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mr.Radar posted:

Ting will only activate certain Sprint phones and it looks like for now the N5 isn't one of them. In the future they might add it but even then I'm not sure if you'd be able to activate directly or if it would have to be activated on Sprint proper first and transferred over (I don't see any reason why you'd have to but I've never understood the arbitrary rules about CDMA device "activation" so v:shobon:v).

CDMA (read: in this case basically Sprint) MVNOs operate not only on the usual lost/stolen/deadbeat 'blacklist' for specific hardware ESNs but also on a sort of 'whitelist' for SKUs. Sprint knows they'd be loving themselves over hardcore by letting their MVNOs activate a phone like the N5. Sprint is selling the loving thing at seven goddamn hundred dollars off-contract.

Sure, you could buy it unlocked from Play and take it to Sprint but why not go the extra step and take it straight to Ting and pay half the price monthly in addition to almost half the price for the hardware? Sprint wants their money and is more than happy to set terms with MVNOs that guarantee that money. It's a dick move of the highest degree, but they're not Verizon, who refuses to even allow it on their network proper (likely due to an inability to put their swoosh on a button in addition to it being unlocked) so at least there's that.

I can just pop my Aio Sim card in there so I'm good. I think after a few months Sprint will let up and people can pile in.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

If you're under ~2GB and are looking for a GSM MVNO your best options are probably going to be Aio or T-Mobile.

Apparently T-Mobile has a website where they seem to gauge new market interest. It also probably signs you up for their Marketing/PR/Lobbying mailing list: http://www.t-mobile-takeaction.com/

Their twitter people apparently send people there when they ask about when T-Mo is coming to their city.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

goku chewbacca posted:

*Our Terms of Service permit us to reduce your speed for a billing period if you exceed 5GB of data while using cell during the billing period. We also give you a break and will forgive you for exceeding 5GB of data once every 6 months! See our Terms of Service for more details.

Republic only uses VoIP calls and text when on WiFi, and falls back on Sprint's normal voice and data channels when not on WiFi. Did you mean you don't have good Sprint coverage at your workplace? The $10 plan is a great deal if you can stand not having mobile data while on the go.

Is it Sprint's 3G only as the fallback? Or will it use LTE as well?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SB35 posted:

They even have LTE now too. Works great with the N5

Does ST engage in the same awful 'refresh 20 times until the webpage loads' QoS fuckery as Net10?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TLG James posted:

Ah, I love getting collection calls from my Aio number.

I just take those numbers and add them to a contact that routes the calls directly to VM. I'm not sure if setting up with GV forwards the calls as they come in, or if it forwards them if I don't pick up after x number of rings. If the former, you can just block them in GV.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It'd be cool if Aio gave me a specific number as to how much data I use in a given month. This "here's a list of every packet" poo poo is like the rotten kids your otherwise chill neighbor has.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tedronai66 posted:

Can't you set a data use limit/reset date on your phone? Granted it won't be 100% match with AIO, but should be close.

I prefer the accounting from Aio rather than my phone since it doesn't carry over from an old phone to a new one. The little gauge in their app is enough to eyeball but my numbers :spergin: isn't sated.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tedronai66 posted:

If you have Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mizmowireless.acctmgt

And it appears they also have it for iOS and win phone.

That's the 'their app' I was referring to:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Is there any way to tell what service (at&t vs tmobile or straighttalk) would work better in a given area?

I am on virgin mobile at the moment, and while the phone service is pretty good, the data service is pretty terrible. I'm seriously thinking of moving to another network, but have no idea which one to roll with.

The coverage maps all look the same, so no idea why I have pooptastic data service.

Also, if someone could recommend a good android phone to use, I'd appreciate it.

In a highly general sense it's going to be ATT in most places. If you're in a coastal/major urban center (coastal cities +chicago, denver, etc) then T-Mobile will probably be comparable, but probably faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Geoj posted:

Word of warning on coverage maps; take them with a huge grain of salt. Carriers tend to draw them using the most liberal of estimates (and if you read the wall of text fine print at the bottom of the page they're just that - estimates) - according to Verizon's coverage map I should have strong signal at home with LTE coverage, but in reality I have to walk out to the end of my driveway to make a voice call and I might get 1X for data connectivity depending on magnetosphere conditions and what direction the wind is coming from. And I live in the fifth largest city in my state so its not like I live in the middle of nowhere.

I'd definitely ask around.

Are you actually on 3G or their non-LTE "4G" network (which is actually 3G HSDPA+)?

I know Sprint is bad but I didn't think they were that bad...

The N5 indicates whether you're on HSPA or LTE.

• Locked thread