Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
I cant believe I am getting sucked into this again. I guess this time my grades wont suffer though, only my social life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

The addiction in this game is as real as I remember. Graphics dated, sound dated but holy poo poo is it playable.
Got my new rogue Unfetered to 14 on blue and I'm dying to get me some blood stained chain mail and a couple of decent piercers. I'm loving this game again.

Hey fellow rogue. I am level 16 now (Marchand). Where do you plan to level for the next few levels. I am unsure where to go after Oasis or Unrest.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
I have started playing awhile ago on blue as well after not having played since whenever the discord expansion hit (I think). Name is Marchand (rogue) which was the same on live (Xegony). I'd like to start a pal-eru but I think i would be best to wait until I can at least earn some modest starting capital for plate armor or something which sucks since I am anxious to play him.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

Cosmos posted:

When I get some time soon I can try PLing a few of you new people on Gaxx. In Sola or upper Guk or something.

That would be pretty nice, not going to lie. Is the Goon guild breathing on blue server?

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

War Eagle posted:

So I'm about to hit 20 on Blue (Shaman) and Upper Guk seems like a shitshow. The ZEM may be higher than anywhere else, but the zone seems to be continuously camped by twinks who don't want to group, and I'm not twinked so I can't solo in there very well.

Are there people grouping in the outdoor zones in Kunark? On live those were great because, while they were less exp per kill, you could just pull non-stop even with multiple groups in the zone, plus they were relatively safe.

I am now a 28 rogue and have been having the same issue, although in HHK / Mistmoore now since upper guk is greening out. I have been advocating the same issue. People would rather sit on waiting lists to join 'the' group in a ZEM zone for hours rather than group with others an XP elsewhere.

I remember when LOIO -> FM (giant fort) -> OT -> DL was the natural progression to 50 on my server, I miss it, waiting lists in these zones weren't a thing. You would just find other people, start you own group and begin killing.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
I feel far more interested in the new blue server implementation than I am about Velious. Having just started two months ago it would be great to play in a player base where anyone below 50 isnt automatically twinked and or power leveled.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

MurderBot posted:

Is anyone in the Unknown guild online these days?

Also the GoonTillDeath dude is apparently a guy who gets 4-8 messages a day about goonie stuff, reportedly his first name char which was supposed to be "go on till death"

And does he have stairs in his house?

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

xZAOx posted:

They're both clusterfucks, just each in their own special way :3

Everyone is terrible.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

Maed posted:

I'm back on blue on my lvl 16 ranger named Maed. Anyone wanna group or sell me a silver swiftblade or woodsman's staff?

Hey Mead, just grouped with ya in unrest. Tibmit.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Grouping as a Necro is tricky to get the best use of your mana.

In order for your DoTs to be effective it takes time. Any ticks which are wasted due to the mob being dead before they can get applied is wasted mana while if a mob is living long enough for your dots to complete their cycle you are in a lovely group to begin with (unless duo-ing I guess, maybe).

My Necro is still a baby and usually solos. It is a refreshing change from playing a Rogue, which is great, but cannot tie his own shoes without teammates.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Well, i guess I'll give EQ another shot as a Paladin (Erudite that is).

Only problem is I tried to go from Erudite city to Freeport and got killed in Highpass. I kind of forgot that the main roads are blocked by Gnolls there. :negative:

Feel free to laugh / call me a scrub, names Ramulack on Blue (same as forums name, I am not original)

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
I enjoy arguing about 16 year old MMO's.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Where would you seek pug groups at 40? I'm a rogue so soloing isnt so great

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
I've been wanted to play shaman recently as I have never played a healer class in this game before. Would probably be Trolls, my favorite race. I just wish Trolls could be more than three classes.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

krylon666 posted:

How much is a fair tip for porting, assuming you have like 100p total? Just curious.

My progress has slowed down on my enchanter unfortunately. Still at 13, but over near Unrest now. So I guess I'll try to hang there for awhile as it seems like a great place for xp (never leveled up there before). Jhels / Hotvomit / anyone else who was starting fresh on blue - what level are you guys now?

The general rule some people follow is 1pp per level.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
As much as you may get called a 'bluebie' or whatever classic EQ was just never created with PVP in mind.
And it shows.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
From my experience on blue (only been playing three months) Rogue epics go for 30-35K and Clerics for about 60-65K. I am unsure about other classes however, if the Shaman epic lends itself well to MQ's I can see theirs being somewhere in-between.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
I have never had the opportunity to own a fungi on live. Hoping to one day here. Unfortunately I choose the worst class for farming solo (Rogue).

At say level 55 how much plat per hour could you grind solo realistically? I am guessing it is chump change compared to doing a mediocre job trading in EC?

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Would anyone know or have a wizard willing to port my rogue up to plane of hate so I can nab my book? (I can gate-potion back).

Since this is my first character in P99 Blue I have no where near 30k to MQ the epic like most level 10 rogues seem to do.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

hayden. posted:

This is true.

Ram, what is your rogue name and when will you be on? I can port but I don't have a ton of windows of play time to log in.

In game is Marchand. I can usually be on from nine to midnight eastern time.

Also, do mobs wonder to the zone in? I vaguely remember that being a thing? I'll go up nude minus the return potion just in case however.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Right,

Ill try to time it as such but i'll keep a reagent on me (I think I buy them in Neriak?).

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

hayden. posted:

I'll be on for next hour if you want a port.

edit: will try again tomorrow at 10PM CST if I can remember.

Thanks I'll be on tonight. I may also be playing my necro, Tibmit.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Soloing a Necromancer practically feels like dual boxing in comparison.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
I am getting close to raid level on blue, any recommendations/comments (other than blue raid scene being terrible)?

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
The general player base seems to follow:

Unrest -> Oasis -> Upper Guk / Mistmoore -> HHK Goblins / FM Giant Fort / Mistmoore Ect.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

Dirt posted:

Im going to play this stupid mage again.

My condolences

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
How large was the Red99 Goon guild when it was a thing? Just how large of a presence do they have in Red99?

I've been playing blue for months but every once in awhile I have the urge to try red. On one hand the leveling bonus and uncontested mobs is really appealing but on the other-hand I have concerns about not really knowing how I feel about PvP in a game never designed for PvP as well as being able to find / get to groups if I roll a group desired class (to take advantage of that bonus).

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

Dirt posted:

While not as exciting as a pimped out Red Lizard Monk, I did finally manage to drag a character out of the 30's.

Now I totally have no idea what I'm doing.

I just hit 40 on my Necro last night. It doesn't seem too bad. Hell, soloing I still almost get 1% per kill in OT of all terrible places.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Which classes do you see lacking in the Red99 raid scene?

I always thought since PVP changes the dynamic of what people want to play that classes would have a different representation than on blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

Siets posted:

You can basically play whatever. Just know that if you play a melee class that all wizards, druids, and shamans will utterly wreck you in PvP until you are wearing at least 120+ magic resistance and carry multiple Crystallized Pumice in your inventory (bard is the exception, bards are ridiculous.)

PvP dominance isn't the end all be all on Red though, much as you might think it is. Play what sounds fun to you to play. Every single class has good matchups and poor matchups, and gear is the great equalizer in the end. It all works out eventually. Besides, the exp bonus on Red means it is the best server to cure that burning case of altitis. You don't have to stick with your first character for very long if you get far down the road and don't end up liking it.

Also, a friend and I rolled new dark elves on Red. Add "Tasarin" to your /friend list. Ya'll who are rerolling on Red should also roll dark elves and we could get a huge dark elf static exp group going. It would be awesome.

I'll add you tonight. I have a Troll Shaman going (Idioteque).

• Locked thread