Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Mr. Fowl posted:

The other ones looked kind of birdlike, or at least reptilian. What in god's name laid this?
Obviously this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:
Yeah, when I go to the gas station to get a soda for work today, if there are any Cadbury Eggs left, I'm torching the place. I live in the middle of goddamn nowhere, we are in no way prepared to deal with these...things. Protective measures must be taken.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Kwik posted:

Yeah, when I go to the gas station to get a soda for work today, if there are any Cadbury Eggs left, I'm torching the place. I live in the middle of goddamn nowhere, we are in no way prepared to deal with these...things. Protective measures must be taken.

Take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. :clint:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

OneEightHundred posted:

Obviously this

But...But...The caramel ones were my favorite. I always assumed they were an offshoot of the creme eggs, a chance mutation, a strain normally nonviable in nature and only preserved by our intervention but oh-so delicious like the seedless grape. Not...not this. No wonder I feel so ill today.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

I wonder what you'd find if you dissected a fertilized Cadbury Screme Egg...

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

MrGreenShirt posted:

I wonder what you'd find if you dissected a fertilized Cadbury Screme Egg...

My guess is star-shaped spawns. :cthulhu:

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Mmmm, delicious putrid star spawn.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

MrGreenShirt posted:

Empty Sandwich, you're amazing! Wonderful work so far!

They all look so delicious. :cthulhu:

Thank you, good sir. This is my first time doing science, so I hope it's going well.

As for the Screme Eggs, before this thread, I didn't even know those existed. . . hmm. . . .

Pfirti86 posted:

Cut out the hearts, mince them up, throw them in some collagenase, centrifuge, and get yourself some of those sweet sweet neonatal cardiomyocytes. Do you have any idea how expensive those things are? I'm jealous - those embryos would have the hell dissected out of them if I had my hands on them, tissues broken up and cells stocked and ready for experiments.

Dammit, I once again wish that I had some way to take advantage of all this. I don't know what I'm doing.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

These are beautiful.

Well, thank you. I've enjoyed growing them.

IronClaymore posted:

I sincerely hope someone has contacted The Foundation about this threat.

I'm hoping that no fertilized eggs got mixed in with the store-bought ones here, but I'll pass along word.

sourbugs posted:

Is this a fresh egg?

The yolk was a little thick, but the egg was supposed to be new.

OneEightHundred posted:

Obviously this

Contra bosses are my favorites. I've never played that one, so it's good to have a possible source.

Buml0r
Sep 15, 2003

WIGGLE HE
I tried this with a Quantum Creme Egg once, and everything collapsed and went wonky, that's why time goes faster now than it did when we were young soz :(

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Action Yak Police posted:

Something like this happened to me one year. Along with the usual candy eggs the Easter bunny left us one of his bastard spawn.
Really, if you can train them correctly (or hire someone to) they make pretty good pets.

We think it might just be some kind of Wolpertinger, though if that's true it doesn't explain what it was doing in the basket.

Wolpertingers and Easter bunnies are obviously nothing alike - Wolpertingers don't crap out delicious chocolate eggs. I would know, as a self-declared expert.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Sten Freak posted:

You should send these to Cadbury's marketing department if you haven't.
Please let this result in another lawsuit.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Empty Sandwich posted:

Here at last is the clearer pic of the tiny little embryo:

So, I was going over my old notes, and came across something in my Mayan hieroglyphs texts:

As it turns out, this is one of the hieroglyphs for "cacao," the plant we get chocolate from. There may be a connection, but I don't want to jump to any conclusions. One of my old professors is a respected expert on the Maya; I actually learned about him first in another class when I was studying abroad. He's in Mexico at the moment, he and his wife go pretty regularly (she's the one who does most of the actual translating). Anyway, I e-mailed him last week, and I was lucky enough to catch him before they left. He thinks he's heard about something like this, actually. Once he gets home, he'll e-mail me to set up a meeting. Maybe it's nothing, or just a weird coincidence; we'll find out in a couple of weeks.

Empty Sandwich posted:

:ohdear: Or I can just meet him down there.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Empty Sandwich posted:

As for the Screme Eggs, before this thread, I didn't even know those existed. . . hmm. . . .

I think you know what you must do. Although I can't imagine the contents would be any worse than the caramel egg's abortion, I'm sure I'll be proven wrong.

Buml0r posted:

I tried this with a Quantum Creme Egg once, and everything collapsed and went wonky, that's why time goes faster now than it did when we were young soz :(

I might have known it was your fault :argh:

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I can just imagine someone creating an actual product like this. A 'gross-out candy egg' kind of thing, with the abominations of nature being created out of hard candy, created via molding/moulding. I'm not entirely sure if I'd want to try such a product or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Kgummy posted:

I can just imagine someone creating an actual product like this. A 'gross-out candy egg' kind of thing, with the abominations of nature being created out of hard candy, created via molding/moulding. I'm not entirely sure if I'd want to try such a product or not.

Better yet, soft gummi tissue with semi-hard (think Smarties) bones. I would buy a case of them, painstakingly rewrap them as Cadbury eggs, and hand them out on Easter.