Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I don't suppose there's been any news on the third part of The Breaker, has there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Jose posted:

the people doing it started some other series so its going to be a long time/never most likely
What is the current series that they're working on?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:siren: THE BREAKER IS RETURNING THE BREAKER IS RETURNING!!! :siren:

I REPEAT: THIS IS NOT A DRILL :vince:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

I'm going to end up rereading it anyway, but what was the situation at the end of New Waves?

I think the last major plot point I remember was the one Sun Woo elder eating it in the failed sting at the school?
So a bunch of stuff happened, but basically:
After Chun-Woo (9dragon) faces off against Alliance Chief Kang-Sung with his new cadre, Kang-Sung (secretly dying) decides to make the protagonist Shi-Woon the new Alliance Chief. After some more training, Shi-Woon is finally prepared to go against his former master, who is now trying to unveil the Murim upon the world by threatening to blow up Seoul. During the ensuing fight, the main Sun Woo Elder Jae pulls a thanatos gambit to free Shi-Woon of 9dragon's influence, sacrificing himself against 9dragon. The gambit works, and Shi-Woon goes Black Origin berserk screaming "GOONMOONRYUNG!!!" He still loses against 9dragon however, lacking proper killing intent (arms and legs broken but that's it). After the battle, during Shi-Woon's recovery, the Masked Man tries to assassinate him, when who stomps on his head but The Bearded Ex-Chief from Part 1, who proclaims he will teach Shi-Woon how to kill.

Lastly, So-Sul is returning while Shi-Ho REVIVES AT THE LAB.

I'm running off of 7-year old memories, feel free to correct me.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Feb 12, 2021

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

KittyEmpress posted:

Does anyone remember the New Waves chapter number for when Shioon escapes the government island thing and goes around beating up snipers?
Chapter 110. Recommended to the tune of Mike Oldfield's Nuclear.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Let's loving go.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:siren: The Fifth Chapter of The Breaker Season 3 has been completed! This will release as several chapters at the end of this year!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

That Works posted:

Can't wait to see what old dude destroys everyone.
The final boss of part 1 now training Shi-Woon?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Girls the Wilds remains the most infuriating manhwa I have ever read.
What's yours?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm Really Not The Demon God's Lackey is the first manhua i've been really impressed by that isn't wuxia.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Where the hell is The Breaker Part 3? Thought it started this month.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Jose posted:

can anyone recommend a good action webtoon with 50+ chapters and isn't some variation of an isekai? Recently read through teenage mercenary and hero killer and after something else
It's not at 50 chapters yet but I Swear I'm Not the Demon God's Lackey is solid, solid, solid. (well if you replaced action with intrigue)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

THE BREAKER PART 3 MAY 6 LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Shugojin posted:

yeah i have no idea what the gently caress is happening in GoHS
I said the exact thing 4 years ago

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

BREAKER. SEASON 3. CHAPTER 1. LET'S FUCKIN GO

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

That Works posted:

:siren:

Is this gonna be on any legit english sites / apps?
RIGHT HERE

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Gologle posted:

I hope to see more pretty boys burst their pants about Shi-Woo's FIGHTING POTENTIAL
First we have to speedrun this 'Shiwoon gets a student' opening act.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Breaker 3/Eternal Force continues to not really impress 8 chapters in. Though apparently the backlash was bad enough for the artist to notice.

It feels like the switch to color also made the art slightly worse.
But did anything change in the second half of chapter 8 like the author said it would?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

It especially sucks cause Part 2 ended on the cliffhanger with the final boss of Part 1 offering to teach Shiwoon, and the original Sunwoo heir gaining godlike powers.

And then we're back in school.
Why can't korean webtoon authors write like japanese mangaka to save their lives? All the manhwa I've read feel shallow in places.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 08:33 on May 20, 2022

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

When I read a korean webtoon, I've felt that on average the plot, characters, motivations and planning feel underdeveloped, less thought out; shallow. The artwork feels wanting. It's like I'm gazing at a genre stuck in the formative 70s. I don't know how else to describe it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Finally a good chapter.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Gearhead posted:

We say this, and then chapter 10 comes out and things get alarmingly real.
This chapter loving ruled. :getin:

Strong master fight + Grandpa trying to get scrappy outta the story + DARK ORIGIN

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Yeah the Breaker Part 3 has been a marked step down from part 2, now that this new wimp continues breathing