Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Anyone preordered RTX 2080 TI?

Interested to see how many people are gonna get this on release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Yes but unless there's some prospect of 200% 1080ti performance when the NDA lifts I'll be sending it back

Ya I wish. For me if it was a bit cheaper than $1199 I would be in for the TI. Not interested in the standard version. What is the benchmark compared to 1080 ti for 2080 rtx ti?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

anyone who went from 1080 ti to 2080 ? Is the difference really that negligible ?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ok seems like most agree you can't go from 1080ti to 2080 but I have 1080 standard. Does that change anything? Also money isn't really a issue and yes I am getting a 4k monitor for the 2080. Still should wait? I am hearing you can get in the evga up program and get 2080 ti down the line.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Hace posted:

If money is already no object to you, just but the 2080ti

Ya although it is out of stock pretty much everywhere I look. I guess founders edition is only one that is available for pre order.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ok since everyone said rtx 2080 isn't much an upgrade over 1080ti. I got 2080ti founders edition since I couldn't find any aftermarket versions on stock. I found some being sold 2nd hand with RIDICULOUS prices. Even more ridiculous than RTX's regular pricing.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

ufarn posted:

Aren't all Ubisoft games super CPU/core bottlenecked - perhaps in part because of Denuvo DRM?

It sure as poo poo wasn't because of their GPUs that AMD sponsored AC:O.

Usually, Nvidia make great graphics settings guides for games, but I can't find one for Wildlands.

Ubisoft games a few years ago were notorious as well for memory leaks. It is funny because all their games are the same, drive around and kill stuff in a open world but they still haven't optimized it at all.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Eh I still haven't opened my 2080ti fe..Kinda getting 2nd thoughts.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

repiv posted:

DICE put out the system requirements for BF5, and there's a separate set of requirements for RTX mode. Apparently RTX has a significant CPU overhead.

https://www.techspot.com/news/77200-battlefield-v-pc-system-requirements-including-rtx-progress.html

Is there a cheesy transition when you turn RTX on?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I am surprised at 1080ti being a legacy product. AMD last week in their earnings call basically said they mass produced a bunch of cards in anticipation for the mining boom to continue. Which is why they have a large inventory of unsold gpus.

1080ti is what most miners used so surprised they didn't build a stockpile or just anticipated crypto to die out. Will be interesting to hear their earning call next week. Maybe they want to force people unto RTX by artificially driving the price up.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Is it worth getting an extra fan/cooler if you get the fe ti 2080?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Apparently the singleplayer fps is complete garbage with rtx on.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Nobody told me Nvidia also created the follow up to Hairworks with Fireworks.

On a side note I thought the heating issue on the FE was worse but none have so far caught fire? This isn't as widespread so its hard to say what caused this maybe he was using the furnace i9 9900k as his cpu.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Nvidia's stock has taken a beating in the past few weeks. It is about to get murdered even more on Monday with this great news.

RTX line is definitely one of the worst launch I have ever witnessed in hardware.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Noob question. Can you nvlink two different versions of the same card? Like EVGA 2080 ti with a Asus 2080ti?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

HOLY MOTHERFUCK those prices are amazing for launch. gently caress I had Nvidia shares, this is gonna be INSANE earnings season for Nvidia.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

What's the performances on 3080 on 4k?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I'm still in shock at sub-800 for the 3080

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya I am upgrading to 3080 to from 2080ti. What's the opening for preorders usually for these things? Last time I just got it off the Nvidia store a week after launch.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

the_enduser posted:

Trying to add my email to the Notify Me on the nvidia website and the pop up is in german :psyduck:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/30-series/?nvid=nv-int-cwmfg-49069#cid=_nv-int-cwmfg_en-us

Same for me...apparently alter means age in German? But it doesn't work even if you put age.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

the_enduser posted:

Theres a button at the buttom that works!

Ya works now, it's loading in English now as well.

MarcusSA posted:

It’s my understanding that in the past you were better off not getting a reference card since the cooling was quite poo poo. This new system in theory should be changing that right?

Eh I have a Founders edition 2080ti literally never had cooling issues although I barely overclock.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Any idea at around what time the order will go live on Nvidia store?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

HOLY gently caress ITS UP

https://t.co/eLAj4IAMZ3?amp=1

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Managed to get my order, paypal says Newegg is still processing the order because they are being overwhelmed right now probably.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I managed to order through Apple Pay on the Newegg app, got an order number and it's processing. So I'm crossing my fingers.

It seems like it's processing for everyone. They are showing it's out stock now so I am guessing those that got order number will get served at least a certain amount depending on the stock. Others will get refunded or wait.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

How long would you wager it was up and live for, out of curiosity?

I think 3 minutes? I follow a bot on twitter who posts deals for electronics, I was looking at my twitter feed and this guy tweeted at that same moment that it had gone live. I think by the time I posted here people said it was out of stock and I told my best friend who is also getting one.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

axeil posted:

Do you mind posting that twitter account here? I've got Newegg, Amazon, Best Buy and Nvidia's site all up and I can't hit f5 on them all fast enough.

https://twitter.com/Wario64

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Just got an email from Newegg, got voided.

Same. I was so excited rip. Gonna reopen all the closed tabs.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

axeil posted:

fingers crossed it worked

From newegg.CA . I got the same thing about 40 minutes earlier than you and it says it ran out of stock.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Btw the guys heads up. becareful if you are only on bestbuy. Their site has had issues due to PS5 preorders, apparently people are having trouble checking out on screens and basically anything else. Don't think their servers will be able to handle the f5 spam.

I am going to stick to Newegg and Nvidia.com.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya the MSI Ventus has gone for sale on both newegg.ca and .com. But most of the orders keep getting voided. It even went on sale on the Amazon nvidia store page in the last 24 hours but from all accounts it's some error.

Also

SuperTeeJay posted:

Nvidia's UK store is crumbling under the F5 pressure - the price and 'Add to cart' option for their 2080 Super (which is in stock) has been a spinning loading graphic on almost all of my refreshes in the past hour. Expecting 2pm to come and go without seeing an 'Add to cart' for the 3080.

Ya I just woke up and went to test Nvidia's store. There is already some issues, if you add something to cart it's very hard to remove it, going to the checkout page doesn't work sometimes.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Newegg.ca is down, Nvidia still shows notify for me, I didn't even get an email if it ran out of stock...?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

FungiCap posted:

nvidia is out of stock before ever even showing a buy button, lol.

loving load of bullshit unless this a bug. Their system didn't even send the email that says it's in stock how is it possible to go out of stock?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

This loving terrible launch.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Nvidia twitter tweeted this. What a joke.

https://twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce/status/1306578655003291648

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Guys I can't believe this is out of stock already. Because the Nvidia official store never sent the email when it went live.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Eh I give up on the online stores, I'll keep the tabs open on Amazon since I think no one has bought from Amazon yet. I have a friend who is going to all the local electronic chains here, he is going with someone else so he can buy 1 for me.

If can't get it today probably just be fine with waiting list. Just wish I actually loving got a chance to press the buy button.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Revol posted:

Amazon US support says they have no 3080 in stock today, and will get it Sept 29th.

Woah. I am guessing this might be true for other retailers too like Bestbuy.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Funny as gently caress if true.

I mean I am looking at twitter and reddit. It seems no one has gotten FE edition. There are people with gigabyte/msi/zotac/evga but no FE.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Lol definitely looks like the FE edition was a giant hoax.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Btw FE edition on ebay now going for $12k USD.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PRE-ORDER-...MEAAOSwmNtfY2f7

Lol, looks like a pump and dump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The UK version of the site is letting me add to cart but the US version not showing the add to cart.