Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Khorne posted:

Issues like "gpu doesn't idle properly with a 144hz and non-144hz monitor"

Does this setup actually work without performance issues on the 1070?

I'm running my new XB271HU with a 60 fps secondary monitor on a GTX 970, and using the secondary monitor for anything at all causes awful FPS drop / stuttering on the first monitor (even just watching videos on the desktop). It's pretty infuriating and I'm finding lots of threads about the same issue with no real solutions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Made up my mind to buy a 1080 once I can find one under $650 that isn't a blower and has a backplate. So I guess in September? I'm kind of surprised availability is still this horrible

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

afkmacro posted:

2. Why the gently caress did you guys forget to put LEDs behind the STRIX lettering on the gpu?

Uh somewhat related question, does anybody make high-end video cards that DON'T glow like christmas trees at this point? Or at least has an option to turn all LEDs off permanently, including at boot

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

quote:

We regret to inform you that due to a system error the ordered merchandise is not in stock.

Shout out to B&H photo for temporarily saving me from my poor financial decisions

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well I haven't done it myself, but I'm planning for a 1070 myself so I ran across that Overwatch benchmark. It was actually 135 min / 142 avg on Ultra, so you could probably lock in 144 with some tweaking or overclocking? They were using a 6600K w/ DDR4-3000 as well.
http://www.techspot.com/review/1182-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070/page2.html

PerrineClostermann posted:

Man, what the hell. Is the 2500k/2600k so old now? I'm running with a 2600k @ 4.3GHz, and 16GB of (slow) RAM, I'm not getting results like that from my 1070.

To be honest I think they got these "benchmark" results in the practice grounds or something - performance in Overwatch varies pretty significantly based on the map you're in.

I have a 6600k / GTX 1080 @ 1440p and while it runs at the benchmarked 170+ fps in certain areas, I dropped into 130s on maps like Nepal. Preventing dips below 144 requires tweaking some stuff from default Ultra settings.

The one thing to make sure of is that you're on 1x scaling and not 1.25x or something, that setting is extremely pointless and destroys your performance

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Well I have an order sitting on Processing status with Nvidia, but I have a bad feeling that way too many people succeeded for this to be real

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Durzel posted:

Guest Checkout order tracking page asks for a password, anyone have any idea where this is? The suggestion is that it’s in the order confirmation email but I can’t see it anywhere.

when I enter my email and last 4 cc digits it takes me directly to the order status page

it already gave me codes for the bonus stuff there... maybe it's going to stick this time

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Durzel posted:

I’m not sure what you mean there. Did you check out as guest? Or do you have an existing Nvidia store account?

I checked out as guest

Go to the Quick Order Lookup here: https://store.nvidia.com/store/nvidia/en_US/help/ThemeID.326200

Use the option on the right: the email you provided and last 4 digits of your CC

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Twerkdad posted:

My FE still hasn't shipped and I got in the early 6PM EST batch of stock, they better not be taking more orders!

My late night 3080 is still "Processing" but they've created a shipping label for it with an expected delivery date of 10/01. You can check for this in FedEx Delivery Manager if you have it set up.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Kingnothing posted:

9/23 gang still no shipping :argh:

same boat, it's early over in minnesota still but I really hope these things get moving today

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

I'm still stuck on "processing" from the midnight order, nice to see they're starting to move them out at least

Would be interested to hear how the FEs are performing in terms of thermals / the crashing issue

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

my 3080 from that late night order finally shipped out late last night. looks like they just have a big bottleneck at their warehouse.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Taima posted:

How are people's FE Fedex orders going? Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow but hasn't updated since Monday. That seems to be common though?

The Fedex tracker will jump from "Arrived at" the Minnesota facility straight to "Arrived at" your local Fedex location. Mine made it to NJ today and will be delivered tomorrow

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

shrike82 posted:

didn't someone post an image of the discord showing 8K users and 250 confirmed purchases?
nvidia can talk about demand being crazy but it's clear there's a supply issue.

idk man I think most people just instantly leave that madhouse once they manage to order a 3080. I know I did

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I haven’t sunk a ton of this time week but my 3080 MSI Gaming X Trio hasn’t given me any issues and I’m on a 650W PSU.

My FE's also doing fine on a 650W PSU, I think the 750 "requirement" was a little overstated

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

best part of upgrading so far was going back to witcher 3 on ultra to enjoy every boil on the unwashed peasants' faces

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Is there any point to DLSS when most of us are targeting 1440p/144Hz anyway?

I'm on a 3080 with a 1440p / 144hz monitor, and I'm using DLSS in Control. It allows me to turn on the fancy Ray-tracing stuff and maintain a solid 90-110 fps instead of dipping down into the 50s.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Cross-Section posted:

I actually tried DLSS recently in Control and... I mean, I could tell I was looking at a upscaled image. FPS savings (at least on a 2070S) weren't especially great, either. May just be that specific implementation, though.

that's weird on multiple counts and makes me wonder if you were running DLSS 2.0 / Quality or not. at the very least there should be a very big and noticeable FPS difference no matter what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Cabbages and Kings posted:

uh. it also looks like Zotac 1080 GTX cards (which I have one of) are still selling for > $200 on eBay, and one sold within the last couple days for $400?

Wtf, who is buying these? I will absolutely list mine for 150 if I really get a working 3070 tomorrow.

yeah my old 1080 went for $255 + shipping a few weeks ago. Cards are still pretty decent 1080p performers I guess