Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Picking up after Balen and Amy is like shoving my hand into a bowl of squashy, hot dough. When I grab poo poo, it tends to smoosh outward through my plastic-covered fingers. Even if I manage to get it all in one bag (and mind you, when I do, I feel like I've won the world series), there is a very high chance that a bit will flop off the edge onto my hand and roll over it, leaving a brownish smear. Or it will break the bag due to weight and then I must race at top speed to a trash can before it gets on my shoes.

I usually use a plastic bag from Walmart. Or two. Dane ownership~

Between this and that post about your dogs licking sweat off of you you are a pretty disgusting person and I honestly don't know what goes through your head when you post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

El Gar posted:

Between this and that post about your dogs licking sweat off of you you are a pretty disgusting person and I honestly don't know what goes through your head when you post.

You know how toxoplasmosis is a risk for cat owners and it can change their behavior?

I imagine something similar must be the case with dogs and dog owners.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

El Gar posted:

v:shobon:v Type words, push post button.

E: :lol: Okay I may actually keep that one for a while.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Maybe you should switch to target bags?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Kerfuffle posted:

Maybe you should switch to target bags?

No, no. I meant like, the little plastic bags you usually see at the dog park or whatever. Or the standard 'dog bag' you see at petsmart. Store plastic bags like target or walmart or whatever the hell work fine.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

El Gar posted:

This is extremely nice to hear, you made my day. Thank you.

I can tell you more about dog poo poo, don't worry. I know as a cat person your life is lacking in this area and I want to help you.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
You could always get a Shapoopie and catch it before it hits the ground

Or if you don't want a unitasker, a plain catcher's mitt from the thrift store

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

http://shine.yahoo.com/pets/dog-claims-world-record-largest-eyes-185400244.html

Isn't that like, bad, that the dog's eye popped out of his head? Like, that's not just a boston terrier thing, right? That's some terrible breeding showing?

InEscape
Nov 10, 2006

stuck.
Gar having just spent ten minutes scrubbing poop off the carpet because the kittens (who had been doing SO WELL until today) decided en masse that under my boyfriend's desk was their new favorite poop spot (THEY HAD BEEN DOING SO WELL GAH), I have no idea what you're on about with the "cats don't have gross poops you have to clean" thing. Cats are truly, truly disgusting.

Related: Bruce has decided to nurse...on Tuesday's jugular. Picture and video:

http://youtu.be/ciUAIPHv6k4
That red thing is their surrogate mom stuffed doll. They love him and rip all his hair out. I've had a lot of success with yarn-hair comfort toys for kittens.

Kittens are gross as gently caress, and I have NO IDEA how to curb this behaviour. I checked her out, and she was slimy and wet but totally unhurt. She doesn't seem to care or push him off, so, uh...I don't know.

Here's some more photos. Sarabi's really taken to these guys :3:

PS: the Tuxedo one is named Bruce Wayne, the orange and white one is Oliver Queen, the tiny dilute tortie is Dinah Lance and the fluffy tortie is, uh, Tuesday. The only other good female Justice League names are Diana and Shyera. Diana is boyfriend's mom's name, and Shyera is too much name for one kitten.

Dinah is a pocket-cat:

She's a little clingy.

Sarabi and Oliver:

Oliver:

Sarabi wants to know why I've inflicted babies on her yet again.

My large thumb links don't seem to be working, so here's a wonky but functional gallery. What's going on with imgur, does anyone know? I get a 403 forbidden trying to see thumbnailed images.

http://imgur.com/a/xz9jo

InEscape fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 25, 2012

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

I wasn't trying to compare and contrast dog and cat poop. I was just speaking my mind about the very real concern I have that prevents me from getting a dog.

Kittens and Puppies are equally gross because baby animals are gross. That's why they're so cute cause if they weren't nobody would put up with their poo poo.

toby
Dec 4, 2002

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Picking up after Balen and Amy is like shoving my hand into a bowl of squashy, hot dough. When I grab poo poo, it tends to smoosh outward through my plastic-covered fingers. Even if I manage to get it all in one bag (and mind you, when I do, I feel like I've won the world series), there is a very high chance that a bit will flop off the edge onto my hand and roll over it, leaving a brownish smear. Or it will break the bag due to weight and then I must race at top speed to a trash can before it gets on my shoes.

Do you have a difficult to control, super-strong robot hand? Or maybe like really floppy bones or something so you can't move steadily? Or maybe you live in a lilliputian dimension where all plastic bags are really comically tiny?

toby fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 25, 2012

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

toby posted:

Do you have a difficult to control, super-strong robot hand? Or maybe like really floppy bones or something so you can't move steadily? Or maybe you live in a lilliputian dimension where all plastic bags are really comically tiny?

Not really. One of the other big dog owners will probably say the same thing. The little dog pick up bags are too small and it's always a mess. It's like using a plastic beach shovel to muck out a horse stall. Even Foxy's collie requires two of those little bags and that's a collie.

I kinda wish I had a super strong robot hand because it'd be cool, as long as I didn't have to lose my other hands/feet for it.

garbage day
Jun 13, 2008

im lollin at you're trollin

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Picking up after Balen and Amy is like shoving my hand into a bowl of squashy, hot dough. When I grab poo poo, it tends to smoosh outward through my plastic-covered fingers. Even if I manage to get it all in one bag (and mind you, when I do, I feel like I've won the world series), there is a very high chance that a bit will flop off the edge onto my hand and roll over it, leaving a brownish smear.

This is certainly the strangest analogy to winning the World Series I've ever seen.

Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Not really. One of the other big dog owners will probably say the same thing. The little dog pick up bags are too small and it's always a mess. It's like using a plastic beach shovel to muck out a horse stall. Even Foxy's collie requires two of those little bags and that's a collie.

I kinda wish I had a super strong robot hand because it'd be cool, as long as I didn't have to lose my other hands/feet for it.

Why the hell would you keep using the little poop bags after the first time poo poo squished out of them and onto your hands

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

http://shine.yahoo.com/pets/dog-claims-world-record-largest-eyes-185400244.html

Isn't that like, bad, that the dog's eye popped out of his head? Like, that's not just a boston terrier thing, right? That's some terrible breeding showing?

I'm pretty sure even boston-breeding :byodame: show ladies :byodame: would condemn a dog who's eye literally popped out. Jesus christ.

Also, I am not a squeamish person but the crap chat is making my stomach twist. Urgh, I could not have a giant dog. If a dog's craps are bigger than mine then something is not right.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

garbage day posted:

This is certainly the strangest analogy to winning the World Series I've ever seen.

Makes perfect sense in Boston.

Stregone
Sep 1, 2006
Once you get used to the warm dog poo poo, cold dog poo poo feels even grosser for some reason.

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

InEscape posted:

She's a little clingy.

I love Dina's coloring, she has a crown! :3:

She's also Very Serious looking.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Neena posted:

Why the hell would you keep using the little poop bags after the first time poo poo squished out of them and onto your hands

I usually don't. Occasionally I'm kinda stuck at a dog park or on a walk or whatever and that's all that's available. I flake once in a while about remembering a bag for their poo poo.

Garbage day: They play eye of the tiger on the radio when I manage to pick it all up and not end up killing the bag, using more than one bag and not get disgusting.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
I think that's a circumstance where I would just leave it.

Give me the god drat fine, I'm not picking that up.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

El Gar posted:

I wasn't trying to compare and contrast dog and cat poop. I was just speaking my mind about the very real concern I have that prevents me from getting a dog.

Kittens and Puppies are equally gross because baby animals are gross. That's why they're so cute cause if they weren't nobody would put up with their poo poo.

Counter point: Cats vomit on everything you love. And it is pretty much the most disgusting, foul-smelling substance to come out of a mammal. And litter has very distinct smell that is instantly identifiable no matter how expensive the stuff you use is.

Sitka buries her poo. I have no idea where she goes to the bathroom because I can never find it.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Captain Foxy posted:

I think that's a circumstance where I would just leave it.

Give me the god drat fine, I'm not picking that up.

It was like 30000Y in Okinawa (or that's what we were told) and I know it's high here, too. I have left it before but people get really pissy about it. I'd rather just have to run and go wash my hands and be grossed out than pay some really high fine or get bitched at.

Citizen Rat: You have touched off the litter debate again.

2tomorrow
Oct 28, 2005

Two of us are magical.
One of us is real.
So I've been visiting my mother since yesterday and brought my GSD. My mom keeps blaming him for making a mess because every time we have left we return to find my clothing strewn all over the house. I've been thinking it was him too, but today I was sitting quietly (working on the computer) while my mom was running some errands, and I think her dog forgot I was home because I caught her sneaking one of my pillows out of the guest bedroom. Apparently it is that little beast who has been stealing my clothes and blaming my dog for it. I should have known, too. That dog has always been crazy. Once we came home and found her carrying a kitchen knife around by the handle. :stare:

2tomorrow fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 25, 2012

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

El Gar posted:

Lies. You're just not allowed.

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

There was a POST here. It's gone now.

InEscape posted:

Dinah is a pocket-cat:

She's a little clingy.

Put the dilute tortie in the mail and send it to me asap, tia

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.
One time my dog pooped on a tree. Like, he went to lift his leg on it, but then he turned around and shat on the tree trunk instead. I didn't clean it up.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Azrael Alexander posted:

One time my dog pooped on a tree. Like, he went to lift his leg on it, but then he turned around and shat on the tree trunk instead. I didn't clean it up.

I should hope not. That's like doggie performance art or something.

Edit: Fluffy bunnies, if I get you for PI Secret Santa I'm sending you this:

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 26, 2012

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...

Azrael Alexander posted:

Hasn't someone posted about their dog that not only poops onto tree trunks but walks circles around them while doing it?

WHY DO I HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT?

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

Hasn't someone posted about their dog that not only poops onto tree trunks but walks circles around them while doing it?

You mean there are more tree trunk poopers out there...?

Perhaps they are the indigo children of dogs. Their strange behavior is only an indicator of a higher intelligence. The tree trunk poopers (TTP) are destined for greatness.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

It turned out it was a dog owner trying to explain away why all their trees were covered in poop on all sides.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

WolfensteinBag posted:

Yeah, we got our cat after having Buddy and I'd been working with dogs for years. I definitely love her, and I'm glad we have her, but even before we got her I said she'd be the last cat I'd ever own.

Ok, so I wasn't going to say anything, but I'm seriously :f5: ing like mad over here. I finally went ahead and emailed Wildhaus a few days ago. :ohdear: I haven't heard back, but they're busy with little puppies and I wrote a lot to respond to. I'm just so anxious!

Yay! :hfive:

Y'know what's really surprisingly endearing? Tiny little wolf howls at 4am from a blanket nest inside a crate :3: Also, no accidents while we were at work today!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Shifty Pony posted:

I should hope not. That's like doggie performance art or something.

Edit: Fluffy bunnies, if I get you for PI Secret Santa I'm sending you this:

In all honesty, I'd just take along the poo poo scooper we have here at the house if like.. that wouldn't be really gross to cart back in the car or a pain to take on a walk constantly.

Don't they make little break down ones, now that I'm thinking about it?

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"

TVs Ian posted:

Yay! :hfive:

Y'know what's really surprisingly endearing? Tiny little wolf howls at 4am from a blanket nest inside a crate :3: Also, no accidents while we were at work today!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you. I came home to poopacalypse. Beau woke me up last night with the runs and every hour after that, causing me to sleep through my alarm and get to work a half hour late. I came back home two hours later to let him out and everything was fine, but two hours after that...

It was in my loving hair how did it get in my hair oh god

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Rufus En Fuego posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you. I came home to poopacalypse. Beau woke me up last night with the runs and every hour after that, causing me to sleep through my alarm and get to work a half hour late. I came back home two hours later to let him out and everything was fine, but two hours after that...

It was in my loving hair how did it get in my hair oh god

We had a foster last year pick up kennel cough while being boarded after his neuter. He came home and gave it to every dog in this house, despite their vaccinations.

Know what's fun? 7 dogs, including an elderly one going through cancer treatment, wandering around your house horking and spitting frothy yellow nastiness on white carpeting. Also, Last time Tonka got the runs all over our bedroom, Erica cleaned it, shampooed the rug and as she was letting the dogs outside, Tonka VOMITED the poo she ATE all over the wall and floor. So, yeah. Every poo free day is a blessing that ought to be celebrated.

I hope Beau feels better though, poor little dude. :(

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

There's a dog who comes to daycare, named Rascal. He's Boston Terrier(of course), and he walks while he poops. So there's a little trail of poop going from one point to another, and everyone immediately knows who did it.

Also while I love big dogs, I'm not sure I'd want to own one. Having to pick up the huge piles of poo poo at work is enough. Don't know if I'd want a dog that leaves a pile of poo poo the size of a baseball.

There was a basset hound at work today. He went 'baoooo bawooooo' :3: I love basset hound barks.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Shadow poops off in the woods/brush where I don't have to pick it up. :smug: I still carry a baggy in my wallet for those rare occasions he can't hold it in more public areas.

Since I've been dogsitting/walking my mentor's two dogs, a malamute mix and a GSD mix, in her more urban neighborhood, though... :saddowns:

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

Bash Ironfist posted:

Also while I love big dogs, I'm not sure I'd want to own one. Having to pick up the huge piles of poo poo at work is enough. Don't know if I'd want a dog that leaves a pile of poo poo the size of a baseball.

Hahaha, well drat, KOJI has poops around the size of a baseball on a good day... I think there's only been a few occasions where I couldn't fit his poo poo in a bag because I think he held it a few days and filled up a hollow leg or something because goddamnit dog, you are only 25 lbs.

Ishkibibble_Fish
Feb 14, 2008

BananaHam:
1 part treefruit
1 part mud ungulate

Azrael Alexander posted:

You mean there are more tree trunk poopers out there...?

Perhaps they are the indigo children of dogs. Their strange behavior is only an indicator of a higher intelligence. The tree trunk poopers (TTP) are destined for greatness.

My dog is also a TTP.

2tomorrow
Oct 28, 2005

Two of us are magical.
One of us is real.

Bash Ironfist posted:

There's a dog who comes to daycare, named Rascal. He's Boston Terrier(of course), and he walks while he poops. So there's a little trail of poop going from one point to another, and everyone immediately knows who did it.

My Bandit does that. He's also kind of crazy and poops in the house if there are any changes to our routine like me getting home late. We always know it is him because of the poop trail, and because he gets upset when it happens and lays down near it and cries. I don't really know why, he doesn't get in trouble for it or anything, and it doesn't upset him if another dog poops in the house. He's pretty odd though.

Best thing he's done is when my girlfriend and I were first dating. We were getting frisky for like the second or third time ever when all of a sudden she just freezes and was like, "Baby, why is your dog looking at me like that?" Bandit had climbed up on the foot of the bed and was just staring at us with the craziest look on his face. It even creeped me out and I'm used to his crazy faces. Oh, dogs. :allears:

For the record, this is my little monster:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis

Azrael Alexander posted:

Stan does handstands to crap on bushes. In bushes? Whatever is the least convenient.

• Locked thread