Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
I don't want to start a derail but is the Bluray version of Bladerunner any good? I've put off buying a larger full HD TV for some time now. Seeing Bladerunner in HD might just push me over the edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Oh gently caress you guys i'm gonna buy the Bluray and a new TV. Its not that i don't own it on DVD and a perfectly working TV or something..

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Krankenstyle posted:

controlled facial degloving

Did not need to know that phrase...

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Android Apocalypse posted:

I still recommend watching Annhilation, in the theatre if you can. The visuals are pretty great & I think they're worth seeing on the big screen.

Can't do that. Its only out on Netflix around here :haw:

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Olivia Colman is such a fantastic actor. I don’t know if you’ve watched Broadchurch but she does such a good job in that series. If you haven’t watched it yet, fair warning, it is bleak.

I'm still sad that she declined to be the next Doctor Who. She would have been amazing.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Cleretic posted:

Did she actually decline, or did she just not get picked? I can't find proof she ever contended for the part; all I can find is proof that she wants to 'a really horrible bad guy', which is a desire I respect and agree with.

I really wanted her to be the new Doctor when speculation was most recently abound, because she'd do a fantastic job of it, but what we've seen of Jodie Whittaker in the role and her enthusiasm for it in interviews, I don't want anybody else to play the Doctor, ever again.

I thought i read somewhere that she got an offer but maybe that was just a rumor.
I'm loving pumped for Jodie Whittaker though (also Moffat leaving)

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Jedit posted:

I wouldn't be pumped for Moffat leaving when his replacement is Chris Chibnall.

Fair enough. I'll give him a chance though. I can still be pumped in general about Moffat leaving. Fucker wasted Capaldi on weak episodes.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Krispy Wafer posted:

I hated LOTR 2 and 3 until I saw the extended editions. They really made everything better.

I wish the Hobbit had a truncated version.

Well there is the "There and back again" Fan Edit that edits all three movies down to one while removing most of the stuff that wasn't in the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Cat Hatter posted:

I wouldn't call anyone who owns a company big enough to even bid on a project that size "blue collar" even if they are a small fry compared to Tony Stark. Even then, I don't think Stark's clout was the biggest reason the government took the contract away from the guy yelling out in the open about how he wants to salvage alien weapons to sell to people. If a nuclear bomber crashes (again) they don't let Pull-A-Part do the salvage, they get someone who already builds nuclear weapons to do it.

He still should have been compensated though. It was probably in his contact too if he hadn't been more concerned with selling ray guns to gang members.

He wasnt just a guy with a shovel but he mentions how he spend a lot of money and hired a lot of people to do the job. It probably was wrong to give him the job in the first place but the city probably didn't have anyone with experience in disposing alien weapons on hand and did what they usually do and picked the lowest bidder.
He also never talks about selling alien weaponry or anything like that. That only starts after he loses the job, its not the reason hes not keeping it.

Same with the fancy house. Of course he has a fancy house, hes a black market arms dealer. Hes making a shitton of money now. We never see how he lived before that.